NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Still in desperate need of change

jess-haynie_dallas-cowboys_5-biggest-que

That sea foam green garbage is, well, just that. Garbage. It’s such an easily correctable problem, too, which makes it all the more infuriating. 

• Like 7

spacer.png

Yeah any pants that the Cowboys wear with their white jerseys that aren’t matte silver/gray/whatever you want to call it is just wrong. Just match the pants with the helmet. It’s not hard. 

• Like 16

spacer.png

On 1/24/2022 at 10:03 PM, burgundy said:

Why The Titans Uniforms Are A Dumpster Fire [Abridged]

- Their shoulders are giant swords.

- The alternate logo that the shoulder swords are based on is no longer anywhere to be found on the uniforms.

- The swords add two shades of gray to an already crowded color palette on the jersey.

- There's more gray on the primary jerseys than Columbia blue.

- The Columbia blue pit stains look like an afterthought.

- The numbers are the bastard lovechild of the Bucs' alarm clock numbers and West Virginia's pickaxe numbers.

- The already overly-outlined logo was made worse by putting it on a blue helmet, requiring yet another outline.

- The only use of red on the jersey is to highlight the NIKE logo.

- Their.

- Shoulders.

- Are.

- Giant.

- Swords.

If they insisted on changing, a slight refresh of the old set would have been fine.  It was much better than this.

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

They changed the pants last season 

spacer.png

Uniform still sucks though 

At least that got it back closer to the late 60s/70s look.  I'd be great to see the pants and helmets match, but I'd like to see them meet in the middle some where, with the helmets having a little more blue to them and then the pants matching.

• Like 3

Dallas historically has had varying colors for the helmet and pants.

Just scrolling through images, its really hard to find a year when the helmet and pants had the same color.

Even today, trying to match colors is difficult across different mediums. 

For example, the helmet finish isn't a pure silver like the Raiders or Lions. It has a degree of blue in it but less than the current (or historical home pants) but more than the current (or historical) dark jersey pants (or the Little Giants set).

• Like 4

On 1/24/2022 at 11:03 PM, burgundy said:

Why The Titans Uniforms Are A Dumpster Fire [Abridged]

- Their shoulders are giant swords.

- The alternate logo that the shoulder swords are based on is no longer anywhere to be found on the uniforms.

- The swords add two shades of gray to an already crowded color palette on the jersey.

- There's more gray on the primary jerseys than Columbia blue.

- The Columbia blue pit stains look like an afterthought.

- The numbers are the bastard lovechild of the Bucs' alarm clock numbers and West Virginia's pickaxe numbers.

- The already overly-outlined logo was made worse by putting it on a blue helmet, requiring yet another outline.

- The only use of red on the jersey is to highlight the NIKE logo.

- Their.

- Shoulders.

- Are.

- Giant.

- Swords.

I absolutely loved the concepts floating around of the flame being the helmet decal.  No other team uses flames/fire and it's so much better than the stupid thumbtack.  Then add a simplified look, drop the dopey numbers and now you're talking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

We’ve got a Washington leak!

Well… it’s a leak that probably isn’t a leak, but maybe it is. Unless it isn’t.

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Sport-Tek is known to produce custom shirts)

I hope it isn’t a two-word name with no hyphens or CamelCase. That’s more of a baseball thing (Red Sox, White Sox, Blue Jays). 

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

We’ve got a Washington leak!

Well… it’s a leak that probably isn’t a leak, but maybe it is. Unless it isn’t.

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Sport-Tek is known to produce custom shirts)

I'm not buying it, something seems off. No official NFL tags, and the font looks way too comical for the NFL/Nike to approve. This just reeks of off-brand design. Does Sport-Tek even have an NFL license? 

And if this is just a custom product with the "actual" name, I'm not convinced either. Everything we have seen so far doesn't really lean toward Red Hogs being the name.

• Like 13

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

15 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Yeah any pants that the Cowboys wear with their white jerseys that aren’t matte silver/gray/whatever you want to call it is just wrong. Just match the pants with the helmet. It’s not hard. 

I'm more annoyed that the blue on the helmets is navy while the rest is royal

• Like 5

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

20 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I'm not buying it, something seems off. No official NFL tags, and the font looks way too comical for the NFL/Nike to approve. This just reeks of off-brand design. Does Sport-Tek even have an NFL license? 

And if this is just a custom product with the "actual" name, I'm not convinced either. Everything we have seen so far doesn't really lean toward Red Hogs being the name.

It would instantly be the worst name in the Big 4 sports leagues

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, LogoFan said:

I absolutely loved the concepts floating around of the flame being the helmet decal.  No other team uses flames/fire and it's so much better than the stupid thumbtack.  Then add a simplified look, drop the dopey numbers and now you're talking.

Riddell did this a couple years ago but it in some ways it looks better than the navy helmet. The navy's just so bland/ho-hum compared to all the other colors they have. 

Riddell Tennessee Titans AMP Alternate Revolution Speed Mini Football  Helmet - Walmart.com

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's just a little too comical for my tastes.  If they could somehow make it a little more... "mature" (for lack of a better word) I could dig it.  

I don't know how to do that - maybe make it a navy base and ge rid of the silver part?  Or would that lose the flame effect?  Or maybe make it a silver helmet and keep that decal as is?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Red Hogs is hilarious.

I'm sure that's not it, but if it were, that would be just the funniest possible outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Riddell did this a couple years ago but it in some ways it looks better than the navy helmet. The navy's just so bland/ho-hum compared to all the other colors they have. 

Riddell Tennessee Titans AMP Alternate Revolution Speed Mini Football  Helmet - Walmart.com

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It's just a little too comical for my tastes.  If they could somehow make it a little more... "mature" (for lack of a better word) I could dig it.  

I don't know how to do that - maybe make it a navy base and ge rid of the silver part?  Or would that lose the flame effect?  Or maybe make it a silver helmet and keep that decal as is?

spacer.pngI tried this a couple years ago. Not sure I’m a fan of the overall design anymore, but I had the silver-based flame helmet

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, jn8 said:

spacer.pngI tried this a couple years ago. Not sure I’m a fan of the overall design anymore, but I had the silver-based flame helmet

This is actually a good concept.

I do think that if Tennessee ever had silver helmets, they should be blank and/ textured with no logo