2022 F1 Liveries

Jer15

the unfortunately eye-catching bold "VELO" (apparently a Tobacco sponsorship of somekind) takes away a lot from a good livery.

the E-Sports McLaren one with the black, neon orange and neon baby blue would be absolutely epic in night races though.

I love the updated orange!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, element7ero said:

the unfortunately eye-catching bold "VELO" (apparently a Tobacco sponsorship of somekind) takes away a lot from a good livery.

the E-Sports McLaren one with the black, neon orange and neon baby blue would be absolutely epic in night races though.

I don’t understand this. They’re a sponsor so they have their name of the car. It no different than any other. They Atleast don’t force the team to change their color scheme by adding colors that clash with it.

6 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t understand this. They’re a sponsor so they have their name of the car. It no different than any other. They Atleast don’t force the team to change their color scheme by adding colors that clash with it.

the point I was trying to make:

Compared to the other sponsors on the side of the car that VELO sponsorship is  eye-catching because it's about 3-4x larger and pops much more on the orange - thus at least for me it takes away focus from the car livery overall.

Hopefully it's less distracting while in motion during TV/streaming

• Like 1

2 hours ago, element7ero said:

Compared to the other sponsors on the side of the car that VELO sponsorship is  eye-catching because it's about 3-4x larger and pops much more on the orange - thus at least for me it takes away focus from the car livery overall.

Velo has been there for years….

• Like 1

That’s the point of sponsorship. It there to be seen and for people to buy their product.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Velo has been there for years….

3 hours ago, dont care said:

That’s the point of sponsorship. It there to be seen and for people to buy their product.

the sponsors name could also be CreamSoda or dont care and the eye-distracting effect would be the same...

Maybe you get my point of view this way ;)

• Yawn 1

the sponsors name could also be CreamSoda or dont care and the eye-distracting effect would be the same...

Maybe you get my point of view this way ;)

Well if it was dont care it would instantly improve my status as a brand and allow the whole world to recognize my greatness and it would probably gain me monetary value which is what a sponsorship is there to do. 

I've been feeling very iffy on this year's McLaren livery. Don't get me wrong, the orange-blue combination looks very good this year, the execution just isn't there, compared with the past few years' liveries (2020 in particular). I also don't like the oversized number font at the front of the car this year. They should had stuck with the same number font, and they should not had made it blue. 

21 hours ago, element7ero said:

VELO is a vape brand that is part of one of McLaren's major sponsors, British American Tobacco (the same people who ran BAR), so I would not be surprised if that brand gets taken off due to the strict tobacco sponsorship laws in most of the countries that F1 visits (especially Australia and the EU countries).

rAUPGPZ.png

On 2/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, GrayJ12 said:

VELO is a vape brand that is part of one of McLaren's major sponsors, British American Tobacco (the same people who ran BAR), so I would not be surprised if that brand gets taken off due to the strict tobacco sponsorship laws in most of the countries that F1 visits (especially Australia and the EU countries).

Velo is a nicotine pouch with zero tobacco. Depending on the wording of the law, that may be how they get around advertising in places with tobacco ad bans. Then again, Mission Winnow (Phillip Morris) could advertize in Europe either so perhaps the ban is for any company that make a majority of its profit off of tobacco.

• Like 1

AlphaTauri looks better except the wheels. Those should always be white. I liked that so much about the last car

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Guys, you don’t have to defend sponsors. If the ad is an eyesore it actually detracts from what the brand is trying to accomplish. For example, I think Velo sucks now, and even more so now that I know what they do. 

So I agree that it’s bad design. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

inda like Alpine

I thought it was Alpine at first. Needed to take a double take. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

As an old Williams supporter, I love it. I like that there isn't much white in it.

I think we could see the prettiest F1-season ever in 2022. McLaren also has the best livery in their existence imo. Now I just hope that Mercedes is back in silver and Ferrari doesn't mess things up.

A blue and pink Alpine could be hot, too.

• Like 2

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.