2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

I'm wondering if Adidas could just be offering pre-edge throwbacks in the new template to fans. We've already seen the Stars one, and I haven't heard any rumblings of Dallas actually wearing it in a game.

Buffalo seems like they're trying to pretend that black & red was never part of their colours, so I'd be surprised if they actually bring those back on the ice.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'm wondering if Adidas could just be offering pre-edge throwbacks in the new template to fans. We've already seen the Stars one, and I haven't heard any rumblings of Dallas actually wearing it in a game.

Buffalo seems like they're trying to pretend that black & red was never part of their colours, so I'd be surprised if they actually bring those back on the ice.

Those are Fanatics tags on that Sabres jersey though.

And although Fanatics has bumped up its vintage line somewhat, the Sabres jersey is a modern template, unlike the others in the vintage line. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Nordiks_19 said:

According to Icethetics, the Sabres will have this as a throwback for next season !

spacer.png

I love this look so I won't complain. That said, kinda ironic that the Sabres finally get it right with royal/yellow and they decide to bring this back

• Like 5

If that is indeed their full-time alternate, the Sabres never need to change anything again.  The blue and gold jerseys are (pretty much) perfect and they don't need a lesser version for an alternate (See the Islanders).  I'm glad the uniform they had (arguably) the most success in isn't going to be forgotten completely...  Blue and gold full-time, black & Red on select games.  Perfect.

• Like 9

Assuming the random missing red stripe is a mistake, I'm going to call these a huge success. They kept the unique template (did any other major team ever use it?) and the changes to the logo are probably an improvement. I'm a 90s kid who spent a lot of time trying to draw the goat head... it had a TON of crazy detail. My only complaint with the changes is I think it needs those red nostrils to break up all that gray/silver at the bottom.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, hormone said:

I may be on the minority, but I hate the fact that Buffalo uses more images of buffaloes than sabres.

As a kid I always just assumed that a sabre was a type of buffalo/bison because that's all their logo was (I wasn't paying close enough attention to uniforms then, so I didn't notice the shoulder logos).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

As a kid I always just assumed that a sabre was a type of buffalo/bison because that's all their logo was (I wasn't paying close enough attention to uniforms then, so I didn't notice the shoulder logos).

A sabre (pronounced sawbray) is a type of buffalo/bison... and the best damn printers and all-in-one machines Korea can make.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

44 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

A sabre (pronounced sawbray) is a type of buffalo/bison... and the best damn printers and all-in-one machines Korea can make.

Funny enough, one of my fantasy hockey teams is named the Dunder Mifflin Sabres.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Am I the only one who thinks the "updated" goat head sucks? It looks soul-less and corporate now, like when the Dolphins and Jaguars switched to their current logo. There was nothing wrong with the original logo

It cleaned up some obvious flaws. Took away 2 unnecessary shades of gray, and changed the eye to make it not bug-eyed anymore. It’s a vast improvement.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dont care said:

Took away 2 unnecessary shades of gray

On paper maybe. On the jersey it was not an issue at all imo. I liked the "bug eye" better. It made the buffalo look furious and demented lol. New one looks neutered

30 minutes ago, Evanderder31 said:

Is it just me or do the Calgary Flames look better with black than no black?

Just you. Black has never made sense for a team called the Flames. Maybe if they change their name to the Calgary Charred Remains, then sure, black is fine

spacer.png

• Like 3