2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

What's the significance of the 1962?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

BEAUTIFUL‼️💙🤍💚👏🤩😍 👍 Now, THAT'S a Vancouver Canucks sweater! Navy blue and kelly green look amazing together. I just hope it's legitimate.🤞My wallet WILL be ready.💳

Dont think its Navy. Looks to be the same Royal they use for home uni

9 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

2. New “Adidas” logo on the back.

That's interesting because Oilers sweaters have "old" logo. Might be that in this season "new" logo will be on RR/ASG/Stadium Series/WC only and came to regular sweaters in next season.

Btw it would be amazing if adidas put trefoil on Winter Classic just like nike starts using futura logo on throwbacks in NBA.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

They finally put Skatin' Johnny on a jersey only to use the old version and not the new better version. If that's real it's like a joke on me specifically. 

Canucks gonna Canuck. 

On 7/21/2022 at 2:25 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

I'll never understand why people love that jersey. The very definition of a soulless and generic jersey. An expansion team from the early 2000s playing O6 dress-up because double blue jerseys, roundel logos and vintage white were trendy in the early 2010s

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Especially now that we have yet another navy blue + light blue team in Seattle. They don't wanna look like the Rangers (which they absolutely don't, not even remotely close) but they wouldn't mind sharing their colours with the Jets and Kraken?

So the Penguins only ever wore that as a throwback, and they've stopped doing that.

As for the rest... the only uniform that the Blue Jackets' alternate really struck me as similar as was the Panthers' alternate. They were really doing the same sort of thing but I was ok with the Beej and not the Panthers because the aesthetic just fit Columbus better. 

A team in South Florida that made a name for itself upsetting the balance of the league with an early Cup run, loud, bright modern jerseys, an aggressive logo, and plastic rats on the ice suddenly deciding it was an Olde Tyme Iced Hockey Team was groan worthy. 

The Jackets may be a younger franchise but between their nickname and locale it feels like they could have been around longer. They're in the hockey hotbed that is the Great Lakes region, their name references the fricken Civil War... yeah. Sure. Absolutely. They can pull off the fauxback look. Florida? Not so much. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sport said:

They finally put Skatin' Johnny on a jersey only to use the old version and not the new better version. If that's real it's like a joke on me specifically. 

The new logo is based on the fake WHL logo and looks pretty meh. That said, this looks like yet another spinoff off the 60s WHL version and the legs look too large.

I'm a Johnny Canuck fan but I would have preferred one of their classic uniforms with the arched Canucks script on the front and JC logo on the shoulders.

That Canucks RR is awful from top to bottom.

• Meh 1
  • Dislike 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The weird thing is Johnny was the secondary on the jersey they're basing off, he was the primary on the design before that. Seems unusual that the Canucks would go that route instead of doing something like a cream Millionaires jersey, which would sell like hotcakes and just as easily fit the RR bill. Hell, do a 70's jersey in the 90's colors if you want to stick to the NHL history of the team.

7 hours ago, uniformity said:

The new logo is based on the fake WHL logo and looks pretty meh. That said, this looks like yet another spinoff off the 60s WHL version and the legs look too large.

I'm a Johnny Canuck fan but I would have preferred one of their classic uniforms with the arched Canucks script on the front and JC logo on the shoulders.

I was never a fan of the WHL Canucks' basketball-designed sweaters. Very much like what the Dallas Stars had when they had their original Reebok Edge uniforms.  What the Canucks should have done was either put the Skating Johnny Canuck on the front of a V logo or relegate JC to the shoulders but go back to the original '45-'46 block V with a Millionaires-stylized CANUCKS inside the V.

Overall, the Canucks are finally embracing their WHL heritage with JC on the front in bold navy blue and kelly green colours. This is wonderful to see. Also, the first tie-down collar used by the NHL Canucks. This jersey will be a red-hot seller.

On 7/21/2022 at 2:25 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

I'll never understand why people love that jersey. The very definition of a soulless and generic jersey. An expansion team from the early 2000s playing O6 dress-up because double blue jerseys, roundel logos and vintage white were trendy in the early 2010s

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Especially now that we have yet another navy blue + light blue team in Seattle. They don't wanna look like the Rangers (which they absolutely don't, not even remotely close) but they wouldn't mind sharing their colours with the Jets and Kraken?

Since moving to Ohio, I go to A LOT of Jackets games, and I don’t understand the love for it either. I think it’s a fine alternate, but that’s all it should ever be. In person, it’s a drab blob of a uniform, and it’s always disappointing when I get to a game and it’s an alternate night. I can understand if people want minor changes to the primary (the font change a few years ago was a step backwards, IMO), but the logo and colors are fantastic and bold. 

People have been predicting that the team would make this change for years, and it’s thankfully never happened. Yet.