2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

If the Canucks leaked RR is true, I might be tempted to pick one up.  It looks fantastic.  Hope they don't ruin it by putting the numbers on the front.  The modern version of Johnny Canuck looks better, but going with the classic version makes sense considering the program.  

Also, considering the Canucks didn't reverse their retros twice now, as well as a few other teams the first time around, and with the rumoured Expos inspired Canadiens RR,  the program really should have been called Retro Remixed.  Small nitpick, I know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I was never a fan of the WHL Canucks' basketball-designed sweaters. Very much like what the Dallas Stars had when they had their original Reebok Edge uniforms.  What the Canucks should have done was either put the Skating Johnny Canuck on the front of a V logo or relegate JC to the shoulders but go back to the original '45-'46 block V with a Millionaires-stylized CANUCKS inside the V.

Overall, the Canucks are finally embracing their WHL heritage with JC on the front in bold navy blue and kelly green colours. This is wonderful to see. Also, the first tie-down collar used by the NHL Canucks. This jersey will be a red-hot seller.

What exactly does basketball designed sweaters mean?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, uniformity said:

What exactly does basketball designed sweaters mean?

Well, it's very simple. Look at most basketball jerseys, NBA, NCAA and high school and then look at the WHL Canucks ' mid to late 60's jerseys and as the Dallas Stars'  original Rebook Edge jerseys.  Look at the similarities.

16 hours ago, bowld said:

Looks like it's actually Navy. Also, can't really tell but looks like it might actually be vintage white/cream stripes.. 

spacer.png

Intentional or not - am I the one who sees Johnny's pants looking a bit like snow-covered mountain peaks? Interesting design if that is indeed what they were going for...

Icethetics is reporting that the Devils will be going with a white Kansas City Scouts-inspired look for their RR. They mention it could be the Scouts jersey in Devils colours, or maybe the Devils logo will get the KC colour treatment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

My guess would be the top design but with the Devils primary logo. I'm sure they want to avoid any potential controversy that might come with bringing using Indigenous imagery as a logo. I know it's an actual statue, but I'd think they would just play it safe.

And I don't know how Devils fans would feel about their logo in Rangers colours.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Icethetics is reporting that the Devils will be going with a white Kansas City Scouts-inspired look for their RR. They mention it could be the Scouts jersey in Devils colours, or maybe the Devils logo will get the KC colour treatment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

My guess would be the top design but with the Devils primary logo. I'm sure they want to avoid any potential controversy that might come with bringing using Indigenous imagery as a logo. I know it's an actual statue, but I'd think they would just play it safe.

And I don't know how Devils fans would feel about their logo in Rangers colours.

My guess is the top design with the Devils primary logo too. Just seems like it'd connect with the NJ fanbase more than a recolored KC Scouts jersey. 

And I believe we heard the Avs are going red-yellow-blue RR, so if that's the case, then it definitely wouldn't be the bottom one. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

I would think putting a New Jersey abbreviation alongside a Kansas City landmark would be a no-go.

• Like 5

Maybe it's just the lighting in the photo, but getting vibes of the last Whalers colour scheme prior to relocation from that rumoured Canucks RR. 

It's fine, as a design but Johnny isn't my favoured crest. At least it isn't another gradient jersey. 

Make it a green primary with blue and white stripes though! 

15 hours ago, M4One said:

This jersey would only rank above the flying V.  Giant front numbers and a wordmark do not belong in hockey.  

Clearly you’ve never watched any college hockey…

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

15 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

Im really confused i thought people wanted johnny

I can't really get a read on the Canucks fanbase as far as what they want. It seems like they're never happy with what they have, and no matter what the current look they just want some sort of throwback. It seemed like the switch back to royal & green 15 years ago was a unanimous hit, but all of a sudden in the last few years people want to bring back the skate logo full time. On twitter I've even started seeing some replies hoping for a return to the West Coast Express era colour scheme.

• Like 3