New Anheuser-Busch logo

kmccarthy27

10 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

First of all, the article has a paywall. Second of all, not bad. Not as drastic a change as I had feared. Not sure why they cropped off the lower half of the eagle. Were they trying to make it look like it’s flying?

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/anheuser-buschs-new-logo-aims-to-usher-the-megabrand-into-the-future-and-the-minds-of-drinkers/

Sorry about the other article, this one is not locked and has all the marketing speak in it

6 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/anheuser-buschs-new-logo-aims-to-usher-the-megabrand-into-the-future-and-the-minds-of-drinkers/

Sorry about the other article, this one is not locked and has all the marketing speak in it

This article mentions the legibility of the logo at smaller sizes. I zoomed the page down to 25% and I found the old eagle logo easier to see what it is, but the new script was more legible. The new A-eagle logo looks, at small sizes, like a yellow blob.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

2 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

This article mentions the legibility of the logo at smaller sizes. I zoomed the page down to 25% and I found the old eagle logo easier to see what it is, but the new script was more legible. The new A-eagle logo looks, at small sizes, like a yellow blob.

Appropriately enough they cite Velveeta Shells and Cheese as inspiration, so it makes sense.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

51 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Why is it called Busch Stadium and not Anheuser-Busch Stadium?

busch17951.jpg

From Wikipedia:

Sportsman's Park was renamed Busch Stadium in 1953. Team owner August Busch Jr. had planned to name it Budweiser Stadium, but league rules prohibited naming a venue after an alcoholic beverage. Busch named the stadium after himself & his Anheuser-Busch later introduced the "Busch Beer". The first Busch Stadium closed in 1966 and both the baseball Cardinals, and the National Football League (NFL)'s team of the same name (now the Arizona Cardinals) moved to a new multi-purpose stadium, named Busch Memorial Stadium (Busch Stadium II).

shooting star GIF

Overall, I like the update. Nice and clean. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

11 hours ago, tigers said:

Shield gone also?

Shield, arrows, and legs/talons are gone.

vWwIjtO.png

Some of the concepts replaced the arrows with barley.

1JHqWJd.png

Anheuser-Busch Signals "Next Chapter" with Evolved Logo and Visual Identity

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2022 at 10:00 PM, Kiltman said:

Yeah the script + flipping the Eagle to the same direction.

Font looks exactly the same.

If it is the same font, can Yuengling sue AB? Oddly enough this is the 2nd time Yuengling has had to call out AB for something: https://www.fox43.com/article/news/local/too-close-for-comfort-yuengling-throws-shade-at-anheuser-busch-on-social-media-for-unveiling-a-new-logo-that-looks-awfully-familiar/521-00798268-d640-4ca5-abe0-eab3a2726b08

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

On 3/28/2022 at 7:43 PM, rmackman said:

they could but doubt they would, AB is such a monolith. Know someone at Yuengling and it’s essentially the case, they can poke fun on social media for all the times they do this stuff. But full on litigation is unlikely.

Archived