Color vs color games that people have forgotten

7 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

How about the 1990 Freedom Bowl? Colorado State vs Oregon with the Ducks in their retro kelly green/yellow set, and the Rams in some gaudy yellow jerseys. An old youth football coach of mine actually played in this game. What an eyesore of a matchup though, almost an inter-team scrimmage given the same colors and inverted usage of them.

1990 Freedom Bowl Colorado State (8-4) vs Oregon (8-3) 1st half - YouTube

Colorado State Football on Twitter: "In 1990, the #CSURams faced Oregon in  the Freedom Bowl and came away with their first bowl victory.  https://t.co/lGJukiexJm https://t.co/l2Z2rsLzgy" / Twitter

Gold (Colorado State) and yellow (Oregon) do NOT contrast well. Especially when you consider that the difference between them is less a bright line and more of a continuum. 

Interesting enough that not a single game this year in the NFL was color vs color (minus the wolf Gray Seahawks), the first of it's kind since 2014. Also, this was the first year in a while that no New Year's 6 bowls were color vs color. With that being said, I feel this one has been long forgotten: (Bears @ Cowboys, 2004)

Bears to wear orange jerseys in Miami

Also, who remembers the Patriots' silver jerseys?

New England Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis Editorial Stock  Photo - Stock Image | ShutterstockNew England Patriots' cornerback Asante Samuel (L) steps in front of  Cincinnati Bengals' wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh for an interception  in second quarter of their NFL game in Foxboro, Massachusetts December 12,

• Like 8

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 1/20/2022 at 3:55 PM, MJWalker45 said:

No one's forgotten any of these, though most of us have tried to. Especially that Jaguars uniform. 

I'd say that is true of this entire thread. Some of us have forgotten some of these. All of us haven't forgotten all of these.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

Cowboys at Chiefs in 2009. Both teams wore throwbacks creating an NFL vs. AFL throwback game between the 1960 Dallas Texans and the 1960 Dallas Cowboys. It's the only time the Cowboys ever wore throwbacks on the road.

Watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5izl4DZW2ZE

PGA20091011-037.jpg

I0000yFtAQLXAzsI.jpg

Also another Cowboys game is one on Thanksgiving 2001 against the Broncos. After only 5 years, the Broncos wore the Orange Crush uniforms as a throwback.

bptxk7emxg3zsnzxevk1

Here's a pointless fact: The Cowboys actually wore the white double star jersey in a Preseason game against the Broncos in 1995 so this wasn't the only time the Double Star and Orange Crush faced off.

https://i.imgur.com/s7zGQDx.jpg

• Like 11

bSLCtu2.png

6 hours ago, Shumway said:

This one absolutely should be forgotten,  burned, buried, dug up, burned again and then buried again. 

B7N7FVD73JGRFASHDELGJMNI5Q.jpg?_a=ATABlA

That Falcons’ look is salvageable if you have the black start fading back into red toward the bottom of the pants, maybe on the socks, and then use red shoes. I’m sure that is unpopular. I don’t care. 

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

Or if it was just a solid red jersey with black pants and maybe red socks

Really, I’d probably prefer the gradient if it weren’t just...fade to black. The Hawks’ gradient uniforms were red at the shoulders, red right above the knees, and black in between. The Falcons could work with something like that, but the way it is now looks unbalanced. 

18 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Really, I’d probably prefer the gradient if it weren’t just...fade to black. The Hawks’ gradient uniforms were red at the shoulders, red right above the knees, and black in between. The Falcons could work with something like that, but the way it is now looks unbalanced. 

Or just not have unnecessary gradients. There is really no reason for them based on the rest of their branding.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Those made me confused for like 4 years straight after they wore them on whether the Patriots were in white or in silver during any given road game

Odd facts: the Pats never wore the silver jerseys on the road...and the Seahawks have never worn their gray set at home.

Far as forgotten matchups, Southern Miss and Idaho squared off in the 98 Blue Turf Humanitarian Bowl.  Much like the Colorado State-Oregon game posted earlier, the two teams donned inverted uniforms: Idaho was in gold helmets and pants with black jerseys, while USM was in black/gold/black.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

48 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Odd facts: the Pats never wore the silver jerseys on the road...and the Seahawks have never worn their gray set at home.

Far as forgotten matchups, Southern Miss and Idaho squared off in the 98 Blue Turf Humanitarian Bowl.  Much like the Colorado State-Oregon game posted earlier, the two teams donned inverted uniforms: Idaho was in gold helmets and pants with black jerseys, while USM was in black/gold/black.

Southern Miss at least wore yellow-gold, right? Not enough contrast either way - gold and yellow don’t contrast well - but it would at least let you know who is who. 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Or just not have unnecessary gradients. There is really no reason for them based on the rest of their branding.

I think they tie into the “ATL” thing. The Atlanta Hawks have had many, many uniforms over the years, but the red-black-red gradient is among their most distinctive (not necessarily in a good way, but distinctive nonetheless), while also using the Falcons’ main colors. 

On 1/21/2022 at 8:07 PM, Bruhammydude said:

Interesting enough that not a single game this year in the NFL was color vs color (minus the wolf Gray Seahawks), the first of it's kind since 2014. Also, this was the first year in a while that no New Year's 6 bowls were color vs color. With that being said, I feel this one has been long forgotten: (Bears @ Cowboys, 2004)

Bears to wear orange jerseys in Miami

Interesting that this Bears uniform only lasted one season. Was this a throwback that had a short shelf life? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

Interesting that this Bears uniform only lasted one season. Was this a throwback that had a short shelf life? 

Yes, something of a one off mishmash throwback: 60s helmet, 30s jersey and 1941-present pants.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬