Jump to content

NHL Jersey Redesigns - Boston Bruins Added


JPConcepts
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, I have been a visitor of this site for quite some time and have always had a passion for uniform design. I have never been able to post any of my own designs because I have not had any formal training in design and have been busy with college. I have recently been teaching myself photoshop and illustrator and figured it was time to display some of my own designs.

 

These NHL jerseys are my take on what I think teams should look like. These are what I think these teams would look like if they did a redesign without straying too far from their current design.

 

All feedback and advice is welcome as I continue to work on my design skills.

 

Thank you and I hope you enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next up is my take on a new design for the Chicago Blackhawks. As iconic and classic as their uniforms are now, their color scheme and brand offer opportunities for a redesign. Using elements from their reverse retro jerseys I tried to combine a vintage look with the cream color into a new design. spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next up is the Dallas Stars. I was always a fan of their black, green, and gold uniform design and don't think their current design is anything special. I tried to implement elements from their current logo with past designs.

spacer.png

KWFKscS.png

gdcNjDi.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next up is the Nashville Predators. I didn't stray too far from their current jerseys. I just changed the striping and added a different alternate. The six thin lines in the striping are supposed to resemble the six strings of a guitar as a tribute to Nashville being the country music capital of the world.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JPConcepts changed the title to Realistic NHL Jersey Redesigns - Winnipeg Added

I love that sleeve stripe. That is really nice!

 

However, with the wingtips positioned where they are, it almost looks like the jet would be flying in the opposite direction from the way the player is moving, but if you switch them and put them on the back of the sleeves, they wouldn't be visible. Hmm...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - Winnipeg Added
39 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

I love that sleeve stripe. That is really nice!

 

However, with the wingtips positioned where they are, it almost looks like the jet would be flying in the opposite direction from the way the player is moving, but if you switch them and put them on the back of the sleeves, they wouldn't be visible. Hmm...

Thank you for pointing that out! I revised them to make it look more like the wings are actually going in the right direction.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Jets idea is really outstanding! I really think the navy alternate is the best of the bunch, since its colors make the design read much more clearly as jet wings... Especially since I prefer the logo over the wordmark, I'd honestly love to see that as the basis of the set with some light blue added to it. Certainly light blue number outlines, and maybe with diagonal stripes below the wingtips and a chevron above the hem stripe.

Also, it's not really necessary, but there's a part of me that wants to see the collar and the laces' background colored to match the wings, to subtly represent the nose of the jet.

 

Minnesota looks good with the Winter Classic-inspired striping, but I think there's way too much empty space on this jersey... I'd bring the two sleeve stripes close together somewhere in the middle, and lower the numbers a bit... I'd also consider adding a second hem stripe, and enlarging the logo and wordmark (there's definitely enough room to do both!)  Otherwise, a pleasant look to bridge the old and new! Since the Canucks don't want to use their historic arched wordmark for some reason, it can look good in Minnesota :P

 

Nashville looks solid, though I think the sleeve striping really needs a thicker outline to match the shoulder yoke (i.e. white outlines at home, navy outlines on the road.)  I think the current one is a lot better, but the old number font works fine here.

 

Gosh those Black Hawks jerseys are really nice! Love the use of vintage white and emphasis on black, and the stars are right at home! (They sometimes feel tacked on in Black Hawks concepts, IMO...)

 

A perfectly reasonable idea for the Capitals, but I'm feeling conflicted about it... The rotated logo looks a fair bit nicer, but the adjusted striping loses its W shape, which is a real bummer. The recoloration is solid, though. I also feel like outline-less numbers might help the W patch feel more at home...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vtgco said:

That Jets idea is really outstanding! I really think the navy alternate is the best of the bunch, since its colors make the design read much more clearly as jet wings... Especially since I prefer the logo over the wordmark, I'd honestly love to see that as the basis of the set with some light blue added to it. Certainly light blue number outlines, and maybe with diagonal stripes below the wingtips and a chevron above the hem stripe.

Also, it's not really necessary, but there's a part of me that wants to see the collar and the laces' background colored to match the wings, to subtly represent the nose of the jet.

 

Minnesota looks good with the Winter Classic-inspired striping, but I think there's way too much empty space on this jersey... I'd bring the two sleeve stripes close together somewhere in the middle, and lower the numbers a bit... I'd also consider adding a second hem stripe, and enlarging the logo and wordmark (there's definitely enough room to do both!)  Otherwise, a pleasant look to bridge the old and new! Since the Canucks don't want to use their historic arched wordmark for some reason, it can look good in Minnesota :P

 

Nashville looks solid, though I think the sleeve striping really needs a thicker outline to match the shoulder yoke (i.e. white outlines at home, navy outlines on the road.)  I think the current one is a lot better, but the old number font works fine here.

 

Gosh those Black Hawks jerseys are really nice! Love the use of vintage white and emphasis on black, and the stars are right at home! (They sometimes feel tacked on in Black Hawks concepts, IMO...)

 

A perfectly reasonable idea for the Capitals, but I'm feeling conflicted about it... The rotated logo looks a fair bit nicer, but the adjusted striping loses its W shape, which is a real bummer. The recoloration is solid, though. I also feel like outline-less numbers might help the W patch feel more at home...

I really appreciate all your insight! I will look into seeing what those changes you suggested would look like on the jerseys. As for the number font for Nashville, I have just been using what fonts I can find for free online. I agree that the current font would look better but am unable to find it. If you know of a better method for finding and using fonts please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.  Once again I really appreciate your thoughts, it helps me further develop my skills and get a better eye on what to look for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JPConcepts said:

I really appreciate all your insight! I will look into seeing what those changes you suggested would look like on the jerseys. As for the number font for Nashville, I have just been using what fonts I can find for free online. I agree that the current font would look better but am unable to find it. If you know of a better method for finding and using fonts please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.  Once again I really appreciate your thoughts, it helps me further develop my skills and get a better eye on what to look for.

It looks like you've found the rest of the teams' fonts okay... I had the same issue with Nashville's font for my current NHL series; the best I could do was tracing numbers from this thread, and using a similar-ish font for the names.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

The Predators Uniforms look great.

 

Any reason why the sun in the Wild Emblem is wheat coloured and not gold? It looks good, I was just wondering.

Thank you!

The sun being wheat-colored is just me being OCD about all the colors being the same on the jersey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - Carolina Added
  • JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - Boston Bruins Added

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.