My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

New uniforms for Georgia Tech, returning to traditional stripes and old gold. In some scenes the golds match pretty well, but in others they don't, so we'll have to wait and see how they look on the field.

I actually liked their previous Adidas set with the stinger motifs, but these look great, too.

Nevermind, just noticed the mixed use of metallic and flat gold. That's rough.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

New uniforms for Georgia Tech, returning to traditional stripes and old gold. In some scenes the golds match pretty well, but in others they don't, so we'll have to wait and see how they look on the field.

I actually liked their previous Adidas set with the stinger motifs, but these look great, too.

The pant stripes are driving me crazy. What are we doing here Adidas?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Huh? 3

3 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

aHR0cHM6Ly9yYW1ibGlud3JlY2suY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDIyLzA3LzIwMjIwNjIwX1VuaWZvcm1fMzIwLTY4M3gxMDI0LmpwZw.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly9yYW1ibGlud3JlY2suY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDIyLzA3LzIwMjIwNjIwX1VuaWZvcm1fMzgtNjgzeDEwMjQuanBn.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly9yYW1ibGlud3JlY2suY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDIyLzA3LzIwMjIwNjIwX1VuaWZvcm1fNzctNjgzeDEwMjQuanBn.jpg

The stripes just stopping short pf the bottom inseam looks off a but. It's also weird that they have that flashy gold in the stripes but mustard for the pants and jersey.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Alright, time for Georgia Tech to leave adidas. 

These are a downgrade. Yes, the previous uniforms weren't traditional, but they weren't gaudy either and most combinations looked good. 

These have major issues. Just b/c they are going back to a traditional look doesn't mean these are improved. The disagreement between the shiny gold material and the flat gold is just so atrocious, and I have no clue why the pant stripes are truncated. 

These are not good 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

That shade of gold on the pants is so far off the mark, it's distracting. Adidas just sucks, period. They can't do modern or traditional looks right. There desperately needs to be more than three (really more like two with UA's issues) brands in this space.

Champion and Russell exist, but neither has the cash to grab a few big teams and make them stand out from the rest. Granted Russell's biggest client is FCF and Champion's is Premier League Lacrosse, but I think either of them could have made a better looking version of that Georgia Tech uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

50 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Alright, time for Georgia Tech to leave adidas. 

These are a downgrade. Yes, the previous uniforms weren't traditional, but they weren't gaudy either and most combinations looked good. 

These have major issues. Just b/c they are going back to a traditional look doesn't mean these are improved. The disagreement between the shiny gold material and the flat gold is just so atrocious, and I have no clue why the pant stripes are truncated. 

These are not good 

I would expect nothing more for that school.  Coach 404 has pretty much destroyed the football program and these uniforms are just the icing on the cake.  😂

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Champion and Russell exist, but neither has the cash to grab a few big teams and make them stand out from the rest. Granted Russell's biggest client is FCF and Champion's is Premier League Lacrosse, but I think either of them could have made a better looking version of that Georgia Tech uniform. 

We know Russell could do better, that’s who GT had before. Also the contract they have with adidas isn’t all that great nor expensive comparatively. The main problem with Russell is that it doesn’t have the cache with recruits that Nike or adidas or under armor has. They already have to compete with the likes of Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, South Carolina, Auburn, UF, FSU and the such and a second tier outfitter will do nothing to help them. I understand it might seem stupid to base a college decision on something like that but I’ve heard recruits dismiss schools based on having a certain outfitter when it comes down to final decisions based on the quality of their cleats and uniforms and it is something players do take into account.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NH4 said:

FIU released their new uniforms

I guess enlarging the logo and putting it on the sleeve cap is Adidas’ new thing

Also, something kind of interesting 

I thought they would never get new uniforms. They were originally wearing a template that was what, around a decade old? Don't particularly like the oversized logo on the sleeves. Already tried, not my favorite design. The navy helmet with the gold flake is pretty cool though.

On 7/18/2022 at 10:23 AM, jerrylawless3 said:

Nevermind, just noticed the mixed use of metallic and flat gold. That's rough.

Not bad, but I would also argue that the metallic golds between the jersey/pants do look mismatched. Don't think they needed a change though.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

19 hours ago, kb105 said:

We know Russell could do better, that’s who GT had before. Also the contract they have with adidas isn’t all that great nor expensive comparatively. The main problem with Russell is that it doesn’t have the cache with recruits that Nike or adidas or under armor has. They already have to compete with the likes of Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, South Carolina, Auburn, UF, FSU and the such and a second tier outfitter will do nothing to help them. I understand it might seem stupid to base a college decision on something like that but I’ve heard recruits dismiss schools based on having a certain outfitter when it comes down to final decisions based on the quality of their cleats and uniforms and it is something players do take into account.

Let me remind you.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Hurl 2
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 2