College Football 2022

Kevin W.

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

FIU released their new uniforms

I guess enlarging the logo and putting it on the sleeve cap is Adidas’ new thing

Also, something kind of interesting 

So they're copying UTSA now? 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I'm curious of what color the home FIU helmet is.  Haven't seen any other angles to confirm.  It looks navy blue, but that speckle is interesting.

It’s navy with a gold flake sprayed over it. It will look like Navy everywhere but close up shots

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

So they're copying UTSA now? 

I don't look forward to this being the new trendy thing for Adidas schools to do. I guess it's better than those years in the early 2010's when all of the G5 Adidas schools seemingly had the generic claw or wing patterns.

p2K3CaN.jpg

CuaEz92.jpg

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Had that wing been bigger like the UTSA and FIU logos it could have worked. 

Maybe, but for the dorks who post on a forum like this, I think it would have been undercut by being a standard catalogue selection masquerading as unique. This was also around the time that Oregon was doing wing patterns on their jerseys, so I guess everybody was trying to get in on that action.

DkKpNw6.jpg

• Like 2

New Georgia Tech is a let down, simply from the Gold Pants and Jersey being so off-colored. They should pick one or the other, the foil and mustard just does not work, and the problems are highlighted by consistently placing them next to each other. The 49ers make it tolerable by never seeing the helmet with the pants color.

• Like 2

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I liked the shiny gold numbers of FIU’s last look, but this isn’t bad. 

If teams have to copy something from a catalog, at least it’s something unique to each team with their own logo, though I’d like to see a splash of color. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

FIU's brand is just so dull and uninspiring, especially for a school in Miami. It's like the Wish.com version of Pitt.  Their continued blandness reflects the apathy that's gotten them stuck in CUSA hell when they arguably could have made the same leap that UCF did if they had real leadership.

At least when Raja Bell and Carlos Arroyo were playing there, they had something resembling a brand of their own, as over-the-top '90s as it was.

spacer.png

Their baseball team also used to have its own look instead of ripping off the Padres.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

5vuyQkr.jpeg

Nevada getting rid of asymmetrical helmets.

etI9K2E.jpeg

Is the silver painted in the same finish as Notre Dame's gold? I like it. The thin white outline around the logo is unnecessary, but otherwise, that's a great look for them.

• Like 1

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Is the silver painted in the same finish as Notre Dame's gold? I like it. The thin white outline around the logo is unnecessary, but otherwise, that's a great look for them.

Transfer Daiyan Henley brings versatility, star potential to WSU defense |  The Seattle Times

I believe it was originally chrome but sometimes it has more of a shimmer that doesn't cover up the helmet logos. 

Pac-12; Cal Bears sizzle, then fizzle in loss to Nevada Wolfpack

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think FIU would really benefit if they shifted their color priority. They ARE the "Golden Panthers," lean more into that, as opposed to using navy as your primary color. But, what they've unveiled here is decent, it just falls into the category of being bland as per usual.

Georgia Tech, why have you done this to yourself? It's not worse than the Russell sets that @aawagner011  posted, but what was the thought process with these? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

I think FIU would really benefit if they shifted their color priority. They ARE the "Golden Panthers," lean more into that, as opposed to using navy as your primary color. But, what they've unveiled here is decent, it just falls into the category of being bland as per usual.

They dropped the Golden part of the name at some point, much like UCF did with Golden Knights.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

North Texas got some new uniforms! The Wing helmet looks to be the new primary maybe? There's expected to be a full green and black set coming soon enough. I'm a fan of sublimated number textures so I gotta say these are nice

Why do I feel like if this was Adidas people would crap all over it??

Anyway, I really wish UNT would use more of that unique proprietary font of theirs. It's all over Apogee Stadium and the signage up and down the stretch of 35E that passes through Denton. At one point they did use it on their uniforms, but it was short-lived...

Mean-Green-Football-0615.jpg

Mean-Green-Football-0185.jpg

That font with their current shade of green + white is the way to go. 

(Their throwback greens are pretty 🔥 too, though.)

• Like 9

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||