College Football 2022

Kevin W.

Ohio State has decided on a design for their new turf and I think the changes are a big upgrade. It always bothers me, given the school colors of scarlet & gray, when they use black without gray. That was the case before in the endzones and at the 50. Now they have a good balance of both colors. That plus the detail additions of the Buckeye leaves and helmet stripes make this overall look a lot sharper IMO.

https://www.thelantern.com/2022/02/football-ohio-state-announces-new-look-field-design/?fbclid=IwAR3sqDVhLJfnPuKcGz-Wtast6JBI8Q1a7wwOPFm07yJu0T_J1JapSBcI1BQ

er8ljPb.png

• Like 4

20 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

I like the old font better

I think part of the fact that the font is normally seen at an arch when on the logo takes away from it when it's sitting flat. It is a bit jarring if you're not used to seeing it on training gear and such. 

Ohio State University Oklahoma State University–Stillwater Oh Honey  Delegation Ohio State Buckeyes, North Dakota Fighting Hawks Football, text,  logo, united States png | PNGWing

Ohio State Buckeyes Wordmark Logo | Sports Logo History

Ohio State Buckeyes Nike Essential Wordmark T-Shirt | Shop OSU Buckeyes

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

There appears to be heavy smoke around Georgia updating its font and dropping Bulldog Bold.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The rumors are that Georgia will be going back to a more traditional block font, which is not surprising. In the 2020 season, Georgia wore a 1980 throwback with a block font as well as an all-new black alternate with the same font.

spacer.png

The font was heavily disliked among the older fan base but as far as custom fonts go, I liked it. It was easily legible and clean. It was also identifiably Georgia. Nonetheless, I’ll like a block font, too as it’s what they wore when I was a student.

It’s interesting to me that we’d do this immediately after our most significant moment in four decades. The title was won in Bulldog Bold. Maybe we’ll see throwbacks in the future with the font!

spacer.png

I don’t have further details but am trying to get more info. I hope we retain a black jersey and I’d love red pants as a permanent part of the set. We should wear black jerseys as well as red pants on the road as least once or twice per season. Both are traditional Georgia uniforms.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Hate 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

There appears to be heavy smoke around Georgia updating its font and dropping Bulldog Bold.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The rumors are that Georgia will be going back to a more traditional block font, which is not surprising. In the 2020 season, Georgia wore a 1980 throwback with a block font as well as an all-new black alternate with the same font.

spacer.png

The font was heavily disliked among the older fan base but as far as custom fonts go, I liked it. It was easily legible and clean. It was also identifiably Georgia. Nonetheless, I’ll like a block font, too as it’s what they wore when I was a student.

It’s interesting to me that we’d do this immediately after our most significant moment in four decades. The title was won in Bulldog Bold. Maybe we’ll see throwbacks in the future with the font!

spacer.png

I don’t have further details but am trying to get more info. I hope we retain a black jersey and I’d love red pants as a permanent part of the set. We should wear black jerseys as well as red pants on the road as least once or twice per season. Both are traditional Georgia uniforms.

When are nike and these schools gonna learn that adding proprietary elements to classic uniforms rarely results in long term adoption. The only exception I can think of is the steelers. I am honestly surprised it lasted this long.

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Bulldog Bold is my favorite number font in all of football. I know that’s a weird take, but I love it. Proprietary fonts rule (unless it’s crap like Kansas’ Trajan) and they set schools apart. Not everyone needs the same standard block. Even a modified block is distinct but still strong, like Florida or the Cowboys’ throwbacks.

• Like 3

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

10 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Bulldog Bold is my favorite number font in all of football. I know that’s a weird take, but I love it. Proprietary fonts rule (unless it’s crap like Kansas’ Trajan) and they set schools apart. Not everyone needs the same standard block. Even a modified block is distinct but still strong, like Florida or the Cowboys’ throwbacks.

Which cowboys, there is more than one, and I can’t think of any that has a modified block font on their throwbacks.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Georgia's proprietary font suffers from the same problem as Wisconsin--their lines are too thick giving them a bloated appearance. If they went from Bulldog Bold to as hypothetical "Bulldog Regular" or even "Bulldog Semibold," I'd probably be fine with.

wisconsin-badgers-15102632.jpg

Maybe I'm a sucker for art deco, but the numbers on the throwback uniforms Washington used many years back (no to mention the originals on which they were based) were fantastic.

62c74a4167f95663543e068224197534.jpgc1684a52694b6cf03b5f2e52f6dac691.jpg

• Like 4

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 2/21/2022 at 12:14 PM, Mingjai said:

Maybe I'm a sucker for art deco, but the numbers on the throwback uniforms Washington used many years back (no to mention the originals on which they were based) were fantastic.

Yeah, I've always been fond of "Athletic Gothic" (as I've seen it called in various places), too. Fun fact, the 0 in that Washington set was different than those in other versions of that set of numbers:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I guess the 1s are a little different too. I think Nike has a version of this set, where the Titans' Oilers throwbacks are truer to the original numbers. That's just my own judgment/based on what I've seen, though.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:21 PM, TenaciousG said:

Closest font I can find to the Florida Gators football jersey font is this one, but I don't think it's 100% accurate: https://www.wfonts.com/font/ncaa-florida-gators-2006

Speaking of the Gators, their new script helmets in the white and blue are really growing on me.  I was a sucker not to touch the traditional Orange w/blue script, but the more I see the others, the more I think if they pair them right, they are gold.

I'd also like (sometime) to see them whip up a helmet with the oval gator logo on it.  Can't yet put my finger on the shell color though.  Might have to be an alternate in midnight black to make it work.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

On 2/21/2022 at 11:14 AM, Mingjai said:

I have been clamoring for the Sonny Sixkiller font for Washington for years. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

9 hours ago, EJ_Barlik said:

I'd also like (sometime) to see them whip up a helmet with the oval gator logo on it.  Can't yet put my finger on the shell color though.  Might have to be an alternate in midnight black to make it work.

They did try once. But it was for these abominations:

861379026-850x560.jpeg

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Had they taken that pattern, desaturated it and placed it on an orange or blue jersey, that could have been a great look. 

Agree that the "swamp green" didn't work.  Was thinking the oval logo on a midnight black helmet (maybe?) might work for a 1-off.  Orange jersey (white numbers outlined in Gator blue and black; white NOB), Black pants with Orange-White-Blue-White-Orange stripe and black sox.

• Like 2

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

On 2/25/2022 at 12:47 AM, EJ_Barlik said:

Closest font I can find to the Florida Gators football jersey font is this one, but I don't think it's 100% accurate: https://www.wfonts.com/font/ncaa-florida-gators-2006

Speaking of the Gators, their new script helmets in the white and blue are really growing on me.  I was a sucker not to touch the traditional Orange w/blue script, but the more I see the others, the more I think if they pair them right, they are gold.

What’s midnight black? 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1