College Football 2022

Kevin W.

I would've been just fine with them dropping the asymmetrical numbers and leaving everything else as is, but this is even better, two very good helmets that aren't just a swap. Really liked their, what I consider anyways, traditional all-blue with no stripe helmet they wore for 90's-10's so am glad to see it back as the primary. That being said, I liked bringing back the Blue/Orange split stripe on White the revived a few years ago dating back to that 90 team that reached #1, so to keep that as well is fantastic. Well done.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NH4 said:

Yep thank goodness they came to their senses and got the number off one side

LOVE the navy facemask on both helmets and that they removed the number from the side of the helmet!

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

They just jumped from bottom 3 in the ACC to top 3 like THAT. Overjoyed with the news. With Nevada jumping off the asymmetrical trend as well, I don’t wanna get my hopes up but I feel the tides might be changing. 

Virginia really never needs to change helmets...these are great. 

I believe the fauxback Purdue Pete helmet has numbers on the left side, which is pretty dumb, and makes it another one of those "good but could be so much better"

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, dont care said:

Doesn’t that just show they can’t use it?

No? They modified the logo after the lawsuit to make it look less like Iowa's. They've worn the new version on their helmets as recently as 2020 (against North Alabama).

spacer.png

As far as I can tell, the tiny cramped double-decker wordmark has stuck around out of some misguided sense of "tradition" after being in use since 1990, not due to legal issues.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

They just jumped from bottom 3 in the ACC to top 3 like THAT.

The new helmets are an improvement for sure, but I wouldn't go that far. They're still pretty bland. Overall, I still don't think they look better than Clemson, FSU, UNC, VT, or (unpopular opinion) NC State. If Miami ever fixed their stripes, they would move ahead too.

I think Virginia had the basis for a nice identity with the uniforms their basketball team wore for their national title and they should have just copied that in every other sport.

spacer.png

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Duke unveiled plain white helmets with white facemasks but with no stripes.

Would have looked immensely better with one blue stripe or two blue stripes.  Of course the Duke script is always classic, so hope they still have the white or blue helmet with that on it. 

On 7/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, dont care said:

Doesn’t that just show they can’t use it?

My bad. that wasn't super clear: 

spacer.png

The logo on these helmets is okay. 

USM-Logo-vs.-Iowa-Logo.jpg

This logo is the one that Iowa believed infringed on their copyright. 

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 7/29/2022 at 8:56 AM, Lights Out said:

The new helmets are an improvement for sure, but I wouldn't go that far. They're still pretty bland. Overall, I still don't think they look better than Clemson, FSU, UNC, VT, or (unpopular opinion) NC State. If Miami ever fixed their stripes, they would move ahead too.

I think Virginia had the basis for a nice identity with the uniforms their basketball team wore for their national title and they should have just copied that in every other sport.

spacer.png

Reminds me a little of the Reebok numbers they had.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

spacer.png

Had not seen this posted yet, but apologize if it already was. ASU showing off a new helmet combo earlier in the week, and I’m sure as always will be one of many different looks we see from them this year. As far back as I know, they have never worn a gold facemask with the maroon helmet.  Glad they’re keeping the color-shift maroon/gold shell from last year,  but I’m pretty sure this has the asymmetrical look with the number on the other side.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, goDEVILS said:

spacer.png

Had not seen this posted yet, but apologize if it already was. ASU showing off a new helmet combo earlier in the week, and I’m sure as always will be one of many different looks we see from them this year. As far back as I know, they have never worn a gold facemask with the maroon helmet.  Glad they’re keeping the color-shift maroon/gold shell from last year,  but I’m pretty sure this has the asymmetrical look with the number on the other side.

That is hideous and very appropriate for the state of arizona.

The Ducks have revealed their color schedule for this year:

spacer.png

Most notable thing is the pink vs. UCLA, which essentially confirms the leaked black/pink/volt jersey that was seen several months ago:

spacer.png

They also have a new nightmare green jersey and I would not at all be surprised to see it in the season opener vs. Georgia. 

• Huh? 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks have revealed their color schedule for this year:

Most notable thing is the pink vs. UCLA, which essentially confirms the leaked black/pink/volt jersey that was seen several months ago:

They also have a new nightmare green jersey and I would not at all be surprised to see it in the season opener vs. Georgia. 

Nightmare green is back?? Praise be. Wish they'd just move on from black already and use nightmare green anywhere they want to use black.

• Like 4

Indiana has been wearing the 2021 throwback helmets (based on 90s design) but with regular IU logo in camp so far... could be something, but who knows...

27 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Woof. These would at least be watchable if the numbers were maroon. 

They're worse in person hahah. Traditionally that color has been reserved for salute to service/veterans themed unis...not much else to say here.

• Hurl 1

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

On 8/6/2022 at 5:43 AM, DCarp1231 said:

On paper, that’s actually a super consistent schedule for Oregon

Unfortunately the fan schedule hasn't really been close to what the team actually wears in the past 3-5 seasons

• Like 1