College Football 2022

Kevin W.

17 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

UCF refreshes its look. Not a fan. The number font looks like Pitt mixed with Eric Dungey era Syracuse which is not a good thing and that pants stripe is miniscule. 

Wow those are drab. They had a good and recognizable look going for them since 2016. No gold jersey also makes this an L.  

• Like 7

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

UCF refreshes its look. Not a fan. The number font looks like Pitt mixed with Eric Dungey era Syracuse which is not a good thing and that pants stripe is miniscule. 

These are so damn plain! At least keep the sleeve caps from the previous uniforms. If NCAA24 had a locker room like this for teams to pick uniforms I'd love it a lot though.

A69ZxSq.png

XAgJkcc.png

We already expect a Space U uniform, so at least they let us know it's coming. 

fmGvf8q.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

38 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

On 8/11/2022 at 10:40 AM, Germanshepherd said:

As for these, I like the “The Ville” on the front but otherwise these do nothing for me and go in the GFGS trash pile. 

Not a good couple of days for Adidas.

...and people here are afraid that Nike might get the NHL contract. Okay then.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I liked the previous version better, but this isn't too bad. The numbers should be orange though. That green is a bit rough on the eyes when it's more prominent than an accent color. 

I dunno, I never liked orange numbers on black jerseys...just too Halloween-y. I think the green numbers are pretty cool. 

I liked the helmet stripes the Canes used on this helmet (2020? 2021?)...It would have been cool if the new helmets used this stripe but changed the green to the neon (and then used a black facemask)...or maybe if they had half of these stripes in orange and the other half in neon green. 

Miami (FL) - HELMET HISTORY

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

UCF has a great custom font and they just threw it away for some thin numbers that, I agree, remind me of Syracuse’s old ones. Huge downgrade

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NH4 said:

UCF has a great custom font and they just threw it away for some thin numbers that, I agree, remind me of Syracuse’s old ones. Huge downgrade

UCF wasn't using a custom font. I like this new font for what it is, but the comparison to Syracuse is spot on.  Having a slight diffference in the size of both halves of the 8 would be ok, but this is too big a difference. 

UCF football's new uniforms feature a thinner font for the jersey names and numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

UCF wasn't using a custom font. I like this new font for what it is, but the comparison to Syracuse is spot on.  Having a slight diffference in the size of both halves of the 8 would be ok, but this is too big a difference. 

UCF football's new uniforms feature a thinner font for the jersey names and numbers.

Wait I thought the number font they used was their custom font? Unless Nike uses it as a catalog font now like Michigan State

07053f5e-1e08-4c2b-80d9-20ac277f281d-USA

UCF-2016-uniforms-2-590x211.png

https://news.sportslogos.net/2016/05/05/ucf-unveils-new-uniforms-with-up-to-64-different-combinations-ucf-knights-ucfast/college/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NH4 said:

Wait I thought the number font they used was their custom font? Unless Nike uses it as a catalog font now like Michigan State

07053f5e-1e08-4c2b-80d9-20ac277f281d-USA

UCF-2016-uniforms-2-590x211.png

https://news.sportslogos.net/2016/05/05/ucf-unveils-new-uniforms-with-up-to-64-different-combinations-ucf-knights-ucfast/college/

Ahhhh! It looked like a mashup of Colorado and Michigan State which is why I thought it was a basic font for Nike teams. 

NCAA Colorado Buffs Boulder Bold Font - FFonts.net

Michigan State Font - What Font Is

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ahhhh! It looked like a mashup of Colorado and Michigan State which is why I thought it was a basic font for Nike teams. 

NCAA Colorado Buffs Boulder Bold Font - FFonts.net

Michigan State Font - What Font Is

They did use the catalog Nike Michigan State numbers on the set that came before the 2016-21 unis. 

spacer.png

I agree with the numbers being too thin. I would take everything about the new uniforms sans the numbers and use the 2016-21 numbers. While the stars on the pants are small, it’s better than the plain pants they’d been using. Looking forward to Cincinnati beating them this fall in the Bounce House, no matter what they’re wearing. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

It's funny to me that they already have a Big 12 patch in the renders. They're still a member of the AAC for the next 11 months, whether they want to admit it or not.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png