College Football 2022

Kevin W.

On 2/27/2022 at 8:54 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

I think that's what Spinal Tap used on their"Smell the Glove" album.

I immediately thought of Spinal Tap too.  Great minds . . . or showing our age.

spacer.png

And that fact that this exists is awesome . . . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None_More_Black

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a fan of the TCU frog collar. It's uniquely them, and I think it works as a modern look. Awesome jersey element. Simply make the jersey numbers contrast more, make them white. Too often its too much dark on dark, especially in shadows. Keep helmets satin, and keep stripes off the helmets, or keep them simple and straight. The white uniform is great, the others just need some visibility help. I won't complain if they simplify, but they have to stay different from Northwestern's chosen identity. I just believe the current set is more of a "modern classic" with tweaks needed than a disaster, a la the Denver Broncos

TCU Football: Way-too-early 2021 game-by-game predictions - Page 2Evaluating TCU safety Ar'Darius Washington's fit with the Baltimore Ravens  - Frogs O' War

• Like 4

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I agree with FlyersFan, the TCU horned collar is no gimmick. It's unique to them, is applied in a way that doesn't clutter other parts of the uniform/isn't forced into the collar itself. It's a rare occasion where Nike thought out of the box and did something awesome. 

Just get rid of all the other noise on the uniforms and stop with so many rotating pieces. The purple/red alternates HAVE to go. Stick with a purple helmet shell and a white one and call it a day. Their identity is great, they just mess around too much with alternates.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, riccirulesall said:

didn't think it could get worse than removing the V-star from the helmet for just a block V, but here we are. good lord vandy

I agree, but they already shifted away from the V-star last season. They just used their black V on a gold helmet for every game.

Vanderbilt Commodores Preview - Rock M Nation

• Like 1

I wish TCU would bring back a silver helmet (as an alt if not the primary). I always thought these were a nice look (albeit simple) but if they added the frog skin helmet stripe to this, it could look pretty cool.

College Football's Top 50 Running Backs of the BCS Era - AthlonSports.com |  Expert Predictions, Picks, and Previews

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I wish TCU would bring back a silver helmet (as an alt if not the primary). I always thought these were a nice look (albeit simple) but if they added the frog skin helmet stripe to this, it could look pretty cool.

College Football's Top 50 Running Backs of the BCS Era - AthlonSports.com |  Expert Predictions, Picks, and Previews

I feel like the frog skin pro combat helmets were good ways of using silver/grey. With them being in the Big XII along with Kansas State, the black used in these helmets helps differentiate the two teams.

Buyr.com | Full Sized Helmets | NCAA TCU Horned Frogs Authentic XP Football  Helmet, White/Aquatech TCU HORNED FROGS Schutt AiR XP Authentic GAMEDAY Football Helmet SLATE  HYRDOFX | eBay

If they were to bring these helmets back though, I'd like to see some purple in them, preferably in the thick stripe and wordmark. 

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Its a good look, but they are from some dark times in the program

• Like 2

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

My recipe for the perfect TCU uniform...

Start here;

spacer.png

Trade purple for the cradinal.

Trade "horned Frogs" wordmark for "Arkansas".

Trade cartoon horny toads for the cartoon pig.

Never change again.

Yuck...

And as far as the 1996 look, no one wants to go back to that. Sure, there are some older alumni who want to bring back the "Flying T" uniforms, but the majority of TCU supporters don't want to be reminded of when 3 win seasons where the norm.

I'd like to keep the spike collar, myself, but if they make it more subtle, within the collar, and apply it with the same subtlety on the sleeves like the early Mountain West days, I'd be all for it.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, 29texan said:

Yuck...

And as far as the 1996 look, no one wants to go back to that. Sure, there are some older alumni who want to bring back the "Flying T" uniforms, but the majority of TCU supporters don't want to be reminded of when 3 win seasons where the norm.

Every time I see a AAA Cooper Transportation trailer I think I'm looking at a mirrored "Flying T" TCU logo

The AAA Cooper Transportation advantage: A cohesive maintenance, safety and  purchasing approach

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Yeah, the response to the Vanderbilt revamp may have been a bit excessive. Just a product of "don't they have better things to worry about athletics-wise?"

Anyway, here's hoping in that backlash, they stick to applications where new V stays within an enclosed star. Seems like you get nods to tradition and progress by doing that.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-23-at-3-55-21-PM.png

• Like 1

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

21 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I feel like the frog skin pro combat helmets were good ways of using silver/grey. With them being in the Big XII along with Kansas State, the black used in these helmets helps differentiate the two teams.

Buyr.com | Full Sized Helmets | NCAA TCU Horned Frogs Authentic XP Football  Helmet, White/Aquatech TCU HORNED FROGS Schutt AiR XP Authentic GAMEDAY Football Helmet SLATE  HYRDOFX | eBay

If they were to bring these helmets back though, I'd like to see some purple in them, preferably in the thick stripe and wordmark. 

I'm not sure why purple dominant teams adding black became such a thing.  Certainly isn't because it looks good.  Just muddy and dark and lacking in contrast. TCU's purple with black sucks. Northwestern's sucks. Sacramento Kings, Colorado Rockies... all crappy, color-wise. Purple is an awesome color. The black isn't adding anything.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

1 hour ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Yeah, the response to the Vanderbilt revamp may have been a bit excessive. Just a product of "don't they have better things to worry about athletics-wise?"

Anyway, here's hoping in that backlash, they stick to applications where new V stays within an enclosed star. Seems like you get nods to tradition and progress by doing that.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-23-at-3-55-21-PM.png

See, these don't look too bad. But when it's the V by itself, it doesn't look good at all. It fits with the current uniforms, which are a downgrade from the previous look. 

14 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Am I missing something with the hatred of the new Vandy logo? It’s better than the V they used last year and looks good on a helmet. It’s not great but it’s fine. 

It reminds me of the Tampa Bay Vipers V more than a collegiate design.

Tampa Bay Vipers - WikipediaVanderbilt Football & Basketball Headed To Cromwell Stations | Barrett Media

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png