College Football 2022

Kevin W.

4 hours ago, Lights Out said:

UCF showing once again why they're the "pick me" of college football programs.

Agreed, this doesn't even make practical sense. The QR codes will be too small for anyone watching at the stadium to scan and there will be very few angles on TV that would make them scannable for 90% of the game. That's to say nothing of the fact that even in the photos they shared only 1/3 of them are picked up as scannable QR codes by my phone. Factor in the movement of players, jerseys being wrinkled and bunched, and needing a pretty large consistent shot of the code for someone to grab their phone and hold it up this makes 0 sense.

This all comes across as an old coach trying desperately to seem like he understands tech and NIL and failing miserably. 

• Applause 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 4/17/2022 at 1:14 PM, dont care said:

You're not wrong, but at least it's only for the Spring Game.

For now...

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

“Is there a way we can make a jersey an NFT?” -Some college marketing person somewhere

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

22 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

“Is there a way we can make a jersey an NFT?” -Some college marketing person somewhere

You misspelled "frat crypto bro."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I’ve been hearing rumors about this for a while (I posted about it on page 2) . I think it’s finally happening. Hoping we still get a black jersey (and actually wear it) as well as red britches on the road a few games per season.

Here’s a uniform selector thing I made a couple months ago when the rumors started picking up.

https://andrewwagner.wixsite.com/georgiauniforms

Also, towards the bottom of the page, I am working on a historical database of old Georgia uniforms. I think I’ve got about 30 years currently.

• Like 3

Ah, too bad. The custom font was well done. I was looking forward to the NIL deal this fall that would allow me to buy an authentic Kelee Ringo jersey and slap a CFP patch on it. They probably won’t bother selling the Bulldog Bold jerseys now. 

For the red jersey, I hope the number is outlined in black. For the black, I really liked that one-off 2020 one and wouldn’t mind if it was brought back with numbers on the sleeves instead of logos. 

• Like 2

PJU85JF.png

Of note, this is the same Vapor Untouchable template. Somewhat surprising. I’ve been expecting a new template for about two years now. They’re still using the same Nike collegiate NOB font. Some schools (like Bama) use a regular block NOB. Besides the numbers, these are virtually identical to what we’ve worn for the last couple decades. No sign of red or black pants.

Really?! A whole video just to announce a font change?

That is really dumb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin W. said:

Really?! A whole video just to announce a font change?

That is really dumb.

I guess technically they're new uniforms.  A tweet and Insta post is really all they needed to do though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png