College Football 2022

Kevin W.

4 minutes ago, guest23 said:

I'm guessing this will allow the schools to fill the balance of their schedule with D3 opponents.

D3? Not so much but I'm sure we'll see more FCS teams getting a payday as a result of these schools kicking their bigger matchups down the road. Tennessee State and Jackson State are already getting a boost from  Ohio State is playing a team 10 years from now that they should have played I believe five years ago when they first made the contract. It's insane.  And they moved a game vs a FBS team next year to play . . . Youngstown State. I'm pretty sure Mount Union on their best day could give them a better game though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

D3? Not so much but I'm sure we'll see more FCS teams getting a payday as a result of these schools kicking their bigger matchups down the road. Tennessee State and Jackson State are already getting a boost from  Ohio State is playing a team 10 years from now that they should have played I believe five years ago when they first made the contract. It's insane.  And they moved a game vs a FBS team next year to play . . . Youngstown State. I'm pretty sure Mount Union on their best day could give them a better game though.

Scrimmages masquerading as games. Crazy that alumni would put up with such garbage as part of their season ticket/donation package but I guess cfb is the end justifies the means...

3 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Scrimmages masquerading as games. Crazy that alumni would put up with such garbage as part of their season ticket/donation package but I guess cfb is the end justifies the means...

Agreed. It's why Saban has a meltdown after half the stadium leaves during a blowout. Why wait for the end of the third quarter when you can watch the rest of the game at home out of the sun or rain in mid-August? 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, heavybass said:

Also this is probably going to be the scummiest way for the Big 10 to put the Buckeyes in their championship game regardless of how crap they were.

Because Ohio State is always the crap team in the Big Ten?   What are you talking about?

16 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Agreed. It's why Saban has a meltdown.

Well, it's on the list of reasons he's starting yelling at clouds.

• 2 weeks later...

Some white Georgia helmets have appeared, though I’d be surprised if these are anything more than for recruiting purposes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Georgia has a tendency to offer a lot of gear for recruiting visits that never actually hit the field. We so infrequently wear black jerseys, but they are the primary jerseys worn on recruiting visits.

These black jerseys have never been worn in an official game (only the spring game) despite having them since 2017. They wore the version with the Nike Flywire style thick collar (sans Flywire like some NFL teams did) in 2016 and also wore the ones with the block numbers, dog collar, and sleeve logos in 2020. That one was a commemorative one year only design to celebrate 100 years with the Bulldog mascot.

spacer.png

They have a set of plain white pants, which are clearly teamwear catalog style.

spacer.png

Ditto for black pants. They’ve even stitched on some G logos, but there have been other photos seen with the logos peeling off and they use lower grade materials. Clearly a catalog order.

spacer.png

Some recruits also use the 1980 style throwback pants from the 2020 alternate. These are legitimate team issued pants but only worn once in a game with the throwback.

spacer.png

Several years ago, there were rumors about a black helmet. That never happened, either.

spacer.png

I would like to see us mix it up a bit but still remain very traditional. Wear the black jerseys once or twice a year and we should also have red pants permanently in the rotation for a road game or two. For those, I’d like to see a single white stripe matching the helmet (unlike the mismatched 1980 style stripe). I’ve been advocating for a silver helmet with that same stripe for years. Georgia wore silver helmets for a lot of its history and the silver britches style is immediately recognizable so I think something like this would resonate and be a nice compromise as an occasional alternate.

spacer.png

I’d be shocked if that white helmet ever sees the field.

• Like 3

I'm a Georgia fan -- if I could see one alternate, it would be: 

White helmet, black facemask, red center stripe and the modern bulldog logo on the side (yes, I am serious)

Standard white jersey

Black pants with red and white stripes, like the ones worn in 2009

6 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm a Georgia fan -- if I could see one alternate, it would be: 

White helmet, black facemask, red center stripe and the modern bulldog logo on the side (yes, I am serious)

Standard white jersey

Black pants with red and white stripes, like the ones worn in 2009

Shameless plug.

This tool was made when block numbers were rumored so I used the non-outlined style from the 2020 alts before they released the updated design.

https://andrewwagner.wixsite.com/georgiauniforms

spacer.png

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I would like to see us mix it up a bit but still remain very traditional. Wear the black jerseys once or twice a year and we should also have red pants permanently in the rotation for a road game or two. For those, I’d like to see a single white stripe matching the helmet (unlike the mismatched 1980 style stripe). I’ve been advocating for a silver helmet with that same stripe for years. Georgia wore silver helmets for a lot of its history and the silver britches style is immediately recognizable so I think something like this would resonate and be a nice compromise as an occasional alternate.

spacer.png

Do what Ohio State does: 1 game with an alternate that still feels on brand for the team, and every other game is classic home/away

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 5/21/2022 at 10:37 AM, MJWalker45 said:

San Diego State with 100 years patch. 

I feel like this may be an unpopular opinion but San Diego State's uniforms and helmets suck. I was hoping for some uniforms this year to go along with the opening of their new stadium. 

• Like 2

It’s not my favorite look of their history, but it fits the name well and stands out brilliantly in the world of G5 stock uniforms. 

Plus, I give them mad props on sticking with the same look since 2015, which is a lifetime in college football uniform years. Would not mind at all if they’re set for life with these. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

15 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Do what Ohio State does: 1 game with an alternate that still feels on brand for the team, and every other game is classic home/away

The red pants did not feel on brand last year. They just ran out of ideas. 

13 hours ago, plobrien said:

I feel like this may be an unpopular opinion but San Diego State's uniforms and helmets suck. I was hoping for some uniforms this year to go along with the opening of their new stadium. 

10 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

It’s not my favorite look of their history, but it fits the name well and stands out brilliantly in the world of G5 stock uniforms. 

Plus, I give them mad props on sticking with the same look since 2015, which is a lifetime in college football uniform years. Would not mind at all if they’re set for life with these. 

I'd like to se them go with something based on the Marshall Faulk era uniforms, at a minimum as an alternate. I like the current helmet, but the old school helmets looked better for everyday wear. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The red pants did not feel on brand last year. They just ran out of ideas. 

I'd like to se them go with something based on the Marshall Faulk era uniforms, at a minimum as an alternate. I like the current helmet, but the old school helmets looked better for everyday wear. 

The helmets just look plain red unless you see them up close. A modernized Faulk era uniform would be way better. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, aawagner011 said:

Shameless plug.

This tool was made when block numbers were rumored so I used the non-outlined style from the 2020 alts before they released the updated design.

https://andrewwagner.wixsite.com/georgiauniforms

spacer.png

Nice site. I really like the silver helmet, my proposal would be to keep that striping consistent across all helmets and pants. I don’t mind the lack of a stroke on the jersey numbers either.spacer.png

The super high decal on the (real life) white Georgia helmet looks like absolute trash.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 6/1/2022 at 5:58 PM, aawagner011 said:

Couple more looks at the white lid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRVhrSL_ri/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

If Georgia were to ever go with white jerseys/white pants on the road, a silver helmet (instead of white) with the red/white/black stripes would probably look pretty cool. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.