College Football 2022

Kevin W.

As an Illinois fan and state resident, I think their “FAMILLY” slogan is incredibly stupid. Why not spell the word correctly and just highlight the IL, you know like the state abbreviation?

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2

On 6/2/2022 at 8:29 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I'd like to se them go with something based on the Marshall Faulk era uniforms, at a minimum as an alternate. I like the current helmet, but the old school helmets looked better for everyday wear. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:23 AM, plobrien said:

The helmets just look plain red unless you see them up close. A modernized Faulk era uniform would be way better. 

The Aztecs had a set that was on point. Then they ditched them.

2578355.jpeg
CA%20sd-sp-the52(4).JPG

• Like 4

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

12 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

The Aztecs had a set that was on point. Then they ditched them.

2578355.jpeg

The only problem with this particular set was the striping was different on the shoulders (thin white stripes) and the pants (thick white stripes). If they had made them more similar, it would have looked better. 

The Marshall Faulk unis are an iconic look for SDSU...wish they'd just use that look (modernize for templates) full time. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

An article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution confirms that the all white Georgia uniforms will not be worn in a game. They confirm that they special ordered a small batch of gear for recruiting visits. They have proven to be super popular with the recruits (did we expect they wouldn’t be?) so I suppose the door is open down the road, but right now they don’t have a full inventory of gear for the team.

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 6/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, WSU151 said:

The only problem with this particular set was the striping was different on the shoulders (thin white stripes) and the pants (thick white stripes). If they had made them more similar, it would have looked better. 

The Marshall Faulk unis are an iconic look for SDSU...wish they'd just use that look (modernize for templates) full time. 

Agreed 100%. Match the shoulder and pants stripes, and those uniforms would improve from being solid to great. But no matter what, SDSU needs to be referencing the Faulk era in their uniforms (more than just color scheme).

As an aside, I was at the game Faulk ran for 299 at BYU. Easily the best single performance by any player I’ve ever seen. It was one of those typical no-defense WAC games—BYU ended up with 560 total yards and still lost.

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

If I had a bezos-esque fortune I would sponsor all the bowl games and just give them a noncorporate name. The Fiesta and Peach Bowl don't need PS4 and Chick-fil-A on their branding. If lower ranked bowls want to he taken seriously and treated like they matter, slapping bad boyz lawnmowers to the front of it and playing in the worst baseball stadium isn't the way to do it.

I'd also move a bowl to US Bank stadium and call it the "Northstar Bowl" with a B10 and MAC tie in

• Like 6

On 6/10/2022 at 11:22 AM, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

I'd also move a bowl to US Bank stadium and call it the "Northstar Bowl" with a B10 and MAC tie in

There is one nonexistent bowl game that I want that makes sense with a sponsor:

The General Mills Cereal Bowl at US Bank Stadium

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

21 hours ago, 29texan said:

I didn't know where to post this, but Homefield Apparel just dropped their TCU line and the reviews have been QUITE positive . . . 

FVjYe8uWIAUx0ru?format=jpg&name=medium

Not every team needs a helmet with a script on it... 

...But I would love to see a white helmet for TCU with this script on the side. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

New "Country Roads" alternates for West Virginia – to debut September 1st at Pittsburgh.

It’s not bad…but it sure seems like the athletics department pays people to promote :censored: like this with “heeeeaattttttttt” comments in the replies.

Blue helmets and yellow pants are still the best choices for West Virginia no matter what. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That WVU alternate is certainly not terrible. Given the alts they've had in the past (Pro Combat coal whatever--incidentally used in one of the last iterations of the Backyard Brawl wherein WVU beat Pitt to a pulp at Heinz Field, various iterations of the grey uniforms, etc.), this is pretty nice. As @Bathysphere mentioned, if they're going to do an all-white alternative, this is it. And I like the flying WV in the state outline.

Like @WSU151 said, WVU's away look should be blue helmets, white jerseys, and gold pants, especially for the first iteration of the rivalry game in 11 years. But I like this as a once-per-season alt, generally speaking.

Sidenote: my wife and I are going to go to that game in September, and I'm REALLY looking forward to it. My dad and I were WVU season ticket holders through 2018, and I haven't been able to go to a game since.

• Like 1