USFL helmet leaks - Stallions, Generals

raz

• raz changed the title to USFL helmets - Stallions leak

It's a good start.  I like that they went with a lighter gold.  A bit surprised that the logo is not just a bit bigger on the helmet, but not complaining.   Hoping the get the Breakers and Panthers right.  Those two are the most distinct (or were in the original USFL at least.)

2 hours ago, ralphz said:

Leaks have started, here's the Birmingham Stallions:spacer.png

Those colors sync nicely with Bham's city flag...

800px-Flag_of_Birmingham_Alabama.svg-500

That said, the [lack of] contrast is a BIG issue here,  but I don't know that an additional white keyline would do anything to help that. Then again, we haven't seen it in outdoor light yet, either.

Nice horsehead logo, though!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 hours ago, WideRight said:

It's a good start.  I like that they went with a lighter gold.  A bit surprised that the logo is not just a bit bigger on the helmet, but not complaining.   Hoping the get the Breakers and Panthers right.  Those two are the most distinct (or were in the original USFL at least.)

Agree the logo needs to be larger.  Not sure how well the white will stand out in the daytime.

10 hours ago, LogoFan said:

Agree the logo needs to be larger.  Not sure how well the white will stand out in the daytime.

It's a good size.  Anything larger and then the chinstraps and/or helmet vents would get in the way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

It's a good size.  Anything larger and then the chinstraps and/or helmet vents would get in the way.

I agree on the size. If anything, I think the shape of the horse, and how it sort of abruptly cuts off at the base of the neck, is a little awkward. The Broncos helmet does something similar, but I think it's less noticeable because its logo stretches more horizontally, taking up a larger amount of space on the helmet. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

It could be 5-10% bigger, moved a little lower, and still avoid the chinstrap and helmet vents. 

The bigger issue is the Generals helmet...the decal is positioned at the wrong angle.  Decals should be angled upward if the helmet is on a flat surface. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• raz changed the title to USFL helmet leaks - Stallions, Generals
On 1/25/2022 at 10:28 PM, LogoFan said:

Generals leaked as well.  Pretty much like the original. 

272695719_10159600394643164_22278323868418137_n

I feel like the logos are smaller than they should be. I'm wondering if it's because of the vents on new helmets. I also notice this when looking at the Saints' fleur-de-lis. That thing used to be larger!  

I'm on board for both logos BUT I feel like the Generals didn't need the thick black outline.   

6 minutes ago, Est1980 said:

I feel like the logos are smaller than they should be. I'm wondering if it's because of the vents on new helmets. I also notice this when looking at the Saints' fleur-de-lis. That thing used to be larger!  

I'm on board for both logos BUT I feel like the Generals didn't need the thick black outline.   

The Generals logo is standard sized. I think it needs to be rotated a bit though, because part of the idea of a military attachment is that it stands at 90 degrees rather than being tilted to one degree or the other. The issue with the Stallions is that the neck is so short. The logo is already going over some of the vents so I don't think they see that as an issue. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree on the size. If anything, I think the shape of the horse, and how it sort of abruptly cuts off at the base of the neck, is a little awkward. The Broncos helmet does something similar, but I think it's less noticeable because its logo stretches more horizontally, taking up a larger amount of space on the helmet. 

It might have been a good opportunity to go with a Jacksonville Bulls kind of wrap-around at the back of the helmet connecting the two stallion logos. Perhaps even with B'HAM put in there like there used to be BULLS.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/8d/8e/70/8d8e70ade239133d95a76afeaf8f0264--shop-fans-professional-football.jpg

22 hours ago, LogoFan said:

ElSIcUlXgAA3KcA

Looks to me like that decal actually got put on upside down, judging by the pentagon shape on the inside. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/25/2022 at 10:28 PM, LogoFan said:

Generals leaked as well.  Pretty much like the original. 

272695719_10159600394643164_22278323868418137_n

Evidently these people do not understand about lighting, as they take a photo lit from the back.  If they wanted to get the stands in the background, they could have set up a table on the field.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived