USFL helmet leaks - Stallions, Generals

raz

22 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not yet. If it's the same people that did last year's Spring League uniforms than it will be OTC Sports. 

Let's hope not.  Under Armor would be an excellent go, I think.....  just my 2 cents though.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

As long is it's not the cheap adidas tire treads, anything should be a good look. The biggest issue last year was the lack of stripes on the pants. All teams wore blank pants with no logos. 

Cannella Leads Area Trio in Spring League Championship - Journal & Topics  Media Group

Fort Vancouver grad Jordan Suell shows off skills in brief Spring League  appearance - The Columbian

Who Will We See In The Spring League's 2021 Championship?

The jersey designs were decent, for the most part.

What the pro football world can learn from the AAF - CBSSports.com

I was a fan of most of the Starter designs for the AAF, had they planned on away jerseys we could have avoided a few stinkers.

Five Takeaways From the Collapse of the American Alliance of Football - The  Ringer

Calkins: Johnny Manziel wins first game as Memphis QB! (OK, while standing  on the sidelines) - Memphis Local, Sports, Business & Food News | Daily  Memphian

Rushing to get this out because no one though that navy blue and black are too close together on the color palette, (and because they were a fly by night company it turns out) was just egregious. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not yet. If it's the same people that did last year's Spring League uniforms than it will be OTC Sports. 

Hopefully this league understands the need to pair with a name-brand manufacturer or license.   Being that it's a revival, a vintage brand could be fitting; as of a few years ago, Wilson was still manufacturing a decent uniform that was mainly used at the Junior High or High School levels, as was Rawlings.  Rawlings never was a big name in football, but plenty of teams in the 80's & 90's used Wilson to manufacture their uniforms, and the quality of the Rawlings uniforms was not terrible, nearly on-par with Under Armour.

Would be neat to see the USFL use a manufacturer with some nostalgic appeal, or license a nostalgic brand via their uniform manufacturer.   Wilson makes sense, since they've long-made the footballs used by the NFL, most college teams, and most high school teams.  When I think of  the Joe Montana jersey I had as a kid, I think of that little Wilson "W" on the sleeve.

AAF tried to do this with 90's nostalgia with Starter, but the uniform execution made it feel more like the Wal-Mart Starter, instead of the cool early 90's Starter.

Mitchell & Ness could be another neat license to pursue in this type of league.  Any other brands come to mind?  And don't say Apex.  I guess Puma, since they're at least still in business, though they haven't messed with football in decades.

P.S.  Have a very good source that told me that Under Armour will be the official uniform & football provider for the XFL when it comes back in 2023.  Obviously this is an easy assumption to make due to The Rock's involvement, but my source is based in the licensed apparel industry.  Project Rock just became the official footwear of the UFC, so it remains to be seen whether the XFL uses UA-branded product, Project Rock-branded product, or both.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Hopefully this league understands the need to pair with a name-brand manufacturer or license.   Being that it's a revival, a vintage brand could be fitting; as of a few years ago, Wilson was still manufacturing a decent uniform that was mainly used at the Junior High or High School levels, as was Rawlings.  Rawlings never was a big name in football, but plenty of teams in the 80's & 90's used Wilson to manufacture their uniforms, and the quality of the Rawlings uniforms was not terrible, nearly on-par with Under Armour.

Would be neat to see the USFL use a manufacturer with some nostalgic appeal, or license a nostalgic brand via their uniform manufacturer.   Wilson makes sense, since they've long-made the footballs used by the NFL, most college teams, and most high school teams.  When I think of Joe Montana jersey I have as a kid, I think of that little Wilson "W" on the sleeve.

AAF tried to do this with 90's nostalgia with Starter, but the uniform execution made it feel more like the Wal-Mart Starter, instead of the cool early 90's Starter.

Mitchell & Ness could be another neat license to pursue in this type of league.  Any other brands come to mind?  And don't say Apex.  I guess Puma, since they're at least still in business, though they haven't messed with football in decades.

P.S.  Have a very good source that told me that Under Armour will be the official uniform & football provider for the XFL when it comes back in 2023.  Obviously this is an easy assumption to make due to The Rock's involvement, but my source is based in the licensed apparel industry.  Project Rock just became the official footwear of the UFC, so it remains to be seen whether the XFL uses UA-branded product, Project Rock-branded product, or both.

Wilson would be a good get, especially since they're already providing the game balls.  Mitchell and Ness would be interesting too. They made the original Philadelphia Soul Arena League uniforms before the league went to only one uniform provider. Who actually owns Apex now? Is it Converse or Nike? Puma would probably just hand off the design to Ripon. They've seemed to be only focused on soccer and track uniforms, and occasionally basketball. Champion is still up and running and I actually thought they might make a comeback with XFL2.0. I'm agreement with you as far as next year. Unless UA goes completely under I'd expect them to the uniform providers next season, but probably not using the Project Rock logo. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Wilson would be a good get, especially since they're already providing the game balls.  Mitchell and Ness would be interesting too. They made the original Philadelphia Soul Arena League uniforms before the league went to only one uniform provider. Who actually owns Apex now? Is it Converse or Nike? Puma would probably just hand off the design to Ripon. They've seemed to be only focused on soccer and track uniforms, and occasionally basketball. Champion is still up and running and I actually thought they might make a comeback with XFL2.0. I'm agreement with you as far as next year. Unless UA goes completely under I'd expect them to the uniform providers next season, but probably not using the Project Rock logo. 

Good reply.  Agree on Mitchell & Ness, because they already have a manufacturing infrastructure for merchandise that would be plug & play.  I did not know they did the unis for the Soul at the start, neat trivia. 

I'm not sure the Apex brand is even alive, it might have been dead since the 90's.  

Puma would be fine, like you said, but yeah, they're a soccer/track brand now.  

Champion would be very easily digestible, and again, they already have existing apparel products that could be printed for the USFL.  Their logo being Red/White/Blue is also a perfect fit.  I would not be upset about this at all.  

Wilson or Champion would both be cool.  Adidas would be a surprise and I'd be shocked if they partnered with an upstart Spring League at all, but if Nike has the NFL, and UA is going with the XFL, then Adidas might want to get behind the remaining horse and have some market presence.  

Ah, who are we kidding...we know it'll be Fanatics. 🤢

On 1/27/2022 at 9:57 AM, MJWalker45 said:

The Generals logo is standard sized. I think it needs to be rotated a bit though, because part of the idea of a military attachment is that it stands at 90 degrees rather than being tilted to one degree or the other. The issue with the Stallions is that the neck is so short. The logo is already going over some of the vents so I don't think they see that as an issue. 

Super agree on the slight tilt. 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:36 PM, MJWalker45 said:

As long is it's not the cheap adidas tire treads, anything should be a good look. The biggest issue last year was the lack of stripes on the pants. All teams wore blank pants with no logos. 

Cannella Leads Area Trio in Spring League Championship - Journal & Topics  Media Group

Fort Vancouver grad Jordan Suell shows off skills in brief Spring League  appearance - The Columbian

Who Will We See In The Spring League's 2021 Championship?

The jersey designs were decent, for the most part.

What the pro football world can learn from the AAF - CBSSports.com

I was a fan of most of the Starter designs for the AAF, had they planned on away jerseys we could have avoided a few stinkers.

Five Takeaways From the Collapse of the American Alliance of Football - The  Ringer

Calkins: Johnny Manziel wins first game as Memphis QB! (OK, while standing  on the sidelines) - Memphis Local, Sports, Business & Food News | Daily  Memphian

Rushing to get this out because no one though that navy blue and black are too close together on the color palette, (and because they were a fly by night company it turns out) was just egregious. 

Those weren't Starter designs, I created all of those.

And the idea of having one jersey per team was my fault, I thought we could do it successfully with 8 teams. In fact, we TV tested matchups a month before the season started and were comfortable with the results. A swing and a miss.

58 minutes ago, Joe said:

And the idea of having one jersey per team was my fault, I thought we could do it successfully with 8 teams. In fact, we TV tested matchups a month before the season started and were comfortable with the results. A swing and a miss.

I wasn't aware of that. So Starter was just brought in as the uniform provider after the fact?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/25/2022 at 9:28 PM, LogoFan said:

Generals leaked as well.  Pretty much like the original. 

272695719_10159600394643164_22278323868418137_n

At least the helmetd look nice. I wonder how the uniforms will play out for USFL. I am sad the Invaders will not be present. I loved their sunburst yellow and true blue colors.

On 2/4/2022 at 7:10 AM, Joe said:

I didn’t like the “one-jersey” aspect of the AAF, but all the teams had pretty solid identities. Salt Lake helped me come around to liking pairing Light Blue with Silver!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 1/28/2022 at 9:36 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I take great offense to this. I was there. It was legit. We did everything right. If you have a problem, complain about the hockey guy in Carolina. 

18 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I take great offense to this. I was there. It was legit. We did everything right. If you have a problem, complain about the hockey guy in Carolina. 

Ebersol was a joke. I know you put your heart into it, but the people running the league were not the right people for that to work. That guy in Carolina cut his losses rather than spending more money he didn't want to. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, Joe said:

Oof.  Why does this not surprise me?  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/16/usfl-to-hold-postseason-at-tom-benson-hall-of-fame-stadium-in-canton/

So instead of keeping the playoffs in Birmingham, they are moving them to Canton, Ohio. So instead of having fields that would have the USFL logos on them they'll move to a field which won't allow that except as temporary paint on the 25 yard lines. It sounds pretty dumb to me. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/16/2022 at 2:50 PM, MJWalker45 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/16/usfl-to-hold-postseason-at-tom-benson-hall-of-fame-stadium-in-canton/

So instead of keeping the playoffs in Birmingham, they are moving them to Canton, Ohio. So instead of having fields that would have the USFL logos on them they'll move to a field which won't allow that except as temporary paint on the 25 yard lines. It sounds pretty dumb to me. 

Per the Birmingham local newspapers, some scheduling conflict with the 2022 World Games.  (Apparently, they are a kind of knock-off Olympic wannabe thing...)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

1 hour ago, EJ_Barlik said:

Per the Birmingham local newspapers, some scheduling conflict with the 2022 World Games.  (Apparently, they are a kind of knock-off Olympic wannabe thing...)

Yup. I've mentioned that on the other forum, tug of war, lacrosse and other summer sports that aren't in the Olympic.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived