2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

6 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Never been a fan if the Pis-teals but I am sure some ppl are.

It really scares me how much Gen Z clamors for the teal on social media. Enough so that I've worried that the inept Tom Gores management group might actually consider bringing it back full time. Hopefully this Classic Edition satiates them.

• Like 3

2022-2023-nba-city-edition-uniforms-city

-Hawks: No bad I like em.

-Celtics: Meh, better than some of their recent ones.

-BKLN: The black version of these wasn't good either.

-Bulls: ...

-Cavs: 'The Land' will always be stupid.

-Mavs: I actually like these

-Nuggets: Is that a gray gradient on the side? If so why?

-GS: WTF!?!

-Clippers: They just love forcing black don't they?

-Lakers: more BFBS

-Memphis: Looks like the early 00s Kings.

-Heat: ditto Nets

-Bucks: more blue cause of lakes or something.

-Knicks: couldn't tell the difference between this and the black ones they're wearing this year. Either way BFBS.

-NOLA: Didn't they already have this but with sleeves?

-Thunder: more boredom from them and GFGS/

-Sixers: wow this are extremely boring and that's a mouthful to put on a front of a jersey. Running out of ideas? Still better than the boathouse row abominations though.

-Suns: isn't their a bunch of college teams doing this currenty?

-Blazers: That's cool I guess, but the fact teal isn't part of their identity it's bothering.

-Suns: Fantastic, my favorites.

-Raptors: Is there a sublimated pattern I'm missing? Cause these just look like they're old alternates just with 'Toronto' instead of 'Raptors'

-Wizards: I like pink and these remind me of the pink city Heat from a few years back, I just don't know why they're pink.

TLDR version: Spurs and Mavs are the only good ones, rest range from meh to awful.

• Like 2

Ok, let's got with City:

Atlanta - Look like another variation of Peach theme. Might be good

Boston - Darker green, Futura numbers, handwrite style wordmark. I'd say it's a nod to Red Aurebach (105th birthday)

Chicago - I really like current City and it look like a white version of it with few differents.

Cleveland - Gold&Marron, 80's style wordmark, Richfield Colisuem nod?

Dallas - I guess is another Dallas Skyline theme.

Denver - I hope this pattern on side isn't too much similar to Houston Rockets.

Clippers - Why not red? C'mon Clippers!

Grizzlies - kinda like mashup of 90's with 00's

Milwaukee - this crowned "M' reminds me of Manchester United pattern from adidas

New York - Look like mix of 20/21 with 21/22 City.

New Orleans - Navy version 18-20 but with numbers on center not on right side

Oklahoma City - boring

Philadelphia - quite plain and lack of blue

Phoenix - at first I thought it was a something like N7 in NCAA but then I realized that Phx is more Latino than Natives so I don't know what it could be.

Portland - I remember when @Conrad. made a PDX concept and people went fire even Dame himself retweet it.

San Antonio - Hell Yeah!

Toronto - another Ovo uniform...

Washington - Rosa 'American Beauty'? I think I could like it.

Classic:

Simply love all of them. I wish Pacers and Nuggets have their ABA throwbacks too and celebrate 55th anniversary of ABA founding or move 45th anniversary of merger from current season to next one.

Statement:

Dallas - Unpopular but I'd prefer return of trash-bags, with current fabrics it would look much better than in 2003.

Golden State - It should be yellow and their current statement is fine.

Clippers - Gangsta San Diego and again why not red? It would be better to keep current statement and only switch from logo to wordmark.

Lakers - People wanted to remove black so they add more of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Memphis - Why?

Phoenix - Back to black again but I thought they gonna change numbers font.

Basically all of them is Change for Change Sake

And last but not least:

Utah - LOOOOOOOOOL

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

5 hours ago, VikWings said:

2022-2023-nba-city-edition-uniforms-city

-Hawks: No bad I like em.

-Celtics: Meh, better than some of their recent ones.

-BKLN: The black version of these wasn't good either.

-Bulls: ...

-Cavs: 'The Land' will always be stupid.

-Mavs: I actually like these

-Nuggets: Is that a gray gradient on the side? If so why?

-GS: WTF!?!

-Clippers: They just love forcing black don't they?

-Lakers: more BFBS

-Memphis: Looks like the early 00s Kings.

-Heat: ditto Nets

-Bucks: more blue cause of lakes or something.

-Knicks: couldn't tell the difference between this and the black ones they're wearing this year. Either way BFBS.

-NOLA: Didn't they already have this but with sleeves?

-Thunder: more boredom from them and GFGS/

-Sixers: wow this are extremely boring and that's a mouthful to put on a front of a jersey. Running out of ideas? Still better than the boathouse row abominations though.

-Suns: isn't their a bunch of college teams doing this currenty?

-Blazers: That's cool I guess, but the fact teal isn't part of their identity it's bothering.

-Suns: Fantastic, my favorites.

-Raptors: Is there a sublimated pattern I'm missing? Cause these just look like they're old alternates just with 'Toronto' instead of 'Raptors'

-Wizards: I like pink and these remind me of the pink city Heat from a few years back, I just don't know why they're pink.

TLDR version: Spurs and Mavs are the only good ones, rest range from meh to awful.

I know you meant Spurs but you wrote Suns twice.  Wonder if they're going the Miami Vice route and rotate through every Fiesta color, e.g., orange and/or pink next two seasons, followed by ransom note.

Still true, RE: Jazz rebrand:

(I’m trying to link to @Magic Dynasty’s xkcd post, but keep landing on the post after. The link at least puts you in the ballpark.)

Edited by DustDevil61
Corrected link
  • Like 1

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

7 hours ago, DJT said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

These match the black statement jerseys, but not sure if they are legit.

Figure I'd post this in the thread it should actually go in.  IMO these look too real to be fakes. Just hope they can... jazz them up a bit with some mountains or something.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Good G-d, they somehow :censored:ed it up even more (though TBF it might look better, if it wasn’t THE LAKERS)

Purple is my favorite color, Lakers are my favorite NBA team, I always loved the purple jersey...

Now, this is a nice design and I like it way better than the previous Statement uniform but...

THE LAKERS NEED A NORMAL PURPLE JERSEY IN THEIR NORMAL UNIFORM ROTATION. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS. THIS IS THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS, NOT SOME RANDOM ASS NBA TEAM ESTABLISHED WITHIN THE LAST 15 YEARS.

Between the front office drama, the lack of good play on the court, and questionable uniform decisions, the Lakers are just morphing into a joke. I hate it.

• Like 6

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

spacer.png

Oh how I dearly miss these. Might've been my favorite uniforms in basketball, don't know how you can completely badger a classic like this.

Totally agree. I'm glad that the Heat and Pistons (at least the traditional home and roads for the Pistons), whose uniforms were from the same timeframe and IMO are similar modern classics, have resisted pressure to change their sets.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, projectjohn said:

It really scares me how much Gen Z clamors for the teal on social media. Enough so that I've worried that the inept Tom Gores management group might actually consider bringing it back full time. Hopefully this Classic Edition satiates them.

I am absolutely terrified of this.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DJT said:

Figure I'd post this in the thread it should actually go in.  IMO these look too real to be fakes. Just hope they can... jazz them up a bit with some mountains or something.

I hope and pray that in 8 months time there are racks and racks of unsold black and yellow garbage...but I just know Utahans too well and as every parent outfits their 6 kids in "new and exciting!™" merch, I have no doubt the ownership will have their sales ammunition against those of us who wish better for our team.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE