2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

1 hour ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

I hope and pray that in 8 months time there are racks and racks of unsold black and yellow garbage...but I just know Utahans too well and as every parent outfits their 6 kids in "new and exciting!™" merch, I have no doubt the ownership will have their sales ammunition against those of us who wish better for our team.

I don't buy jerseys but I'd definitely buy some merch. I like clean/simple looks. Like a black T-shirt with a little highlighter yellow logo on it. Or a hat. I'm sold. 

22 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

spacer.png

Ryan Smith looks like the type of rich douche who wears plain $500 “luxury” t shirts and baseball caps and desperately wants to look cool. Wade isn’t going to care about the history of the Jazz as much  as what can look good on the runways and black is always a fashionable color. I would be shocked if the Jazz didn’t have a black primary if their color scheme is black/white/yellow

The Jazz are the Canucks and Padres of NBA.  They can't freaking decide on an identity and stick with it long term.  Although it looks like the Padres might have finally figured it out.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I am not sure why Nike wants us to believe the Lakers are a team whose first jersey choice is gold, then has a purple clash kit, and wears white on a set rotation.

I'm not even that mad at the idea of less consistent home and road designations, nor do I ever wish anything good of the Lakers, but what's going on here is pure madness.

• Like 4

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

W1 hour ago, beachperroAZ said:

The Suns are making a horrible mistake getting rid of The Valley jerseys.  This should be apart of their permanent rotation forever just like the sunburst barkley era uniforms should be too.

I think they should've build an entire set around The Valley jerseys and leave the sunburst as the throwback.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

The Suns are making a horrible mistake getting rid of The Valley jerseys.  This should be apart of their permanent rotation forever just like the sunburst barkley era uniforms should be too.

Yes...I was expecting we'd see a white or purple version of the Valley set sooner rather than later,  but I guess we will not.

The Jazz make me sad. I truly think thier rebranding is coming from a good place, and something needed to be done, but playing Columbus Crew dress-up is far from the answer. Not even close to it, really.

This team’s brand has fallen so far from the one I grew up with and loved. There used to be no doubt what they were: they were a solidly purple team who had a “New Orleans era” and a “Utah era”. It really was as simple as that. Fast forward 20 years and consider all of the in-between along the way, and they look like a team devoid of a brand or a personality altogether.

Rooting for a team who reeks of false promise and underachievement every single year is frustrating enough; add a crumbling brand that’s difficult to be proud of or connect with on top of that, and it’s almost a joke altogether. I’ll always be a Jazz fan, but right now I’m a frustrated one. I don’t know what this team wants to be or what it’s trying to achieve in so many aspects.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 hours ago, sayahh said:

I know you meant Spurs but you wrote Suns twice.  Wonder if they're going the Miami Vice route and rotate through every Fiesta color, e.g., orange and/or pink next two seasons, followed by ransom note.

I did mean Spurs, doh. And let's hope not on the ransom note one lol.

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

#shamlessplug

This is really nice. 

I've never liked the Valley jerseys, not because of the design but because of the use of a nickname. Conrad's concept fixes that by keeping the design scheme but placing the team's primary identifiers front and center. On top of that, you can see enough hints of prior eras -- the '70s Western look and the Barkley rising sun look -- in these to make it feel like it's a direct descendent of those, which to me, is perfect. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FamousAtticus said:

Patiently waiting for an Orlando Magic leak. Hoping that we ditch the "orange" theme and finally bring back the T-Mac era road (or home) sublimated star/dazzle jerseys for a handful of games next season or the following 2023-2024 season.

I want new primaries lol

• Like 2

spacer.png

14 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Powder snow and bright yellow? Now you got my attention!

I saw a leak of new Nets statement jersey on reddit. Black with NETS in white outline. No more graffiti 😕

Ehhh I feel like the grey graffiti jersey never lived up to it’s potential. Plus they’ve already pretty much phased those out.

• Like 1

Excellent!

I've flown through Portland and never noticed their airport carpet.  I guess I don't have an artistic eye.  

Trying to make it out as something special and worthy of honoring on a uniform seems kinda... dumb.  Really scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of Portland landmarks and civic pride.

Can't wait for the Wizards alternates that honor DC's pee stained Metro carpets!

Susan Stumme on Twitter: "Dang, they dusted off the DC Metro cars with  CARPET https://t.co/rOpYKxzSyU" / Twitter

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

90758391980.gif

13 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I've flown through Portland and never noticed their airport carpet.  I guess I don't have an artistic eye.  

Trying to make it out as something special and worthy of honoring on a uniform seems kinda... dumb.  Really scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of Portland landmarks and civic pride.

PDX's carpet has been a local meme since before we even called them memes. Kind of ridiculous and painfully Portland, sure. But by the criteria of the City program it is a slam dunk. 

• Like 4

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers