2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

5 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

Warriors' new Statements are now official.

FZKwbdGUcAAAsE9?format=png&name=large

So exactly what "Statement" is this supposed be making again??

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

not feeling the warriors new threads. no personality. i see no reason why they should have a navy statement jersey. and if they’re gonna make a navy jersey at least add some personality to it. surely there’s a much better font from the past that they could have used. or surely they could have just continued the front circle emblem design that all their jerseys usually have. and no bridge design either? yikes

really took the golden state out of the golden state warriors 

• Like 1

IMG-7122.gif

What's interesting about these Golden State uniforms is that they're not ugly, they're just odd, particularly in the context of the team's prior branding. 

I can see a Cal Bears influence, though I'd find that an odd choice for a theme to a Statement or even a City Edition jersey considering there's likely zero actual graduates of Cal on the team, and how pro athletes often remain loyal to their own alma maters. 

There also appears to be a continuation of this super-simplification trend we'd seen prior from Utah and Cleveland. Like both of those, it's not something I find immediately off-putting. I just find it strange and slightly confusing. 

• Like 7