Oldschoolvikings' CFL concepts - long sleeves

oldschoolvikings

I have this long sleeve football uniform template I made a few years ago, and I'm looking for an excuse to use it. Now, I know putting Canadian teams into long sleeves is going to make me look like I'm one of those dopey Americans who assumes it's always cold in Canada, but I promise that isn't why I'm doing it.  (Actually, I live in the only city in the US where you can look due south and see Canada, so...) I really just like how it looks and I just want a league to try it out on.

So, here we go...

spacer.png

That Saskatchewan double green jersey is quite surprisingly nice! I think it'd pair better with either the Kelly green helmet or with white pants, since the white feels a bit out of place. No complaints about the home or away; a solid set.

I like the long-sleeve stripes for Hamilton but some things about the set feel a touch off... The away feels pretty good, but I guess I'm not crazy about the white shoulder blocks at home, so maybe yellow shoulder blocks and white numbers? Also not sure the helmet stripe needs white outlines, especially with such a nice yellow helmet...

Definitely like the idea of gray for Hamilton, and that helmet is really nice! That said, black numbers on gray feels iffy to me, and the white on the pants feels out of place; yellow for both, I think. The yellow shoulder panels + tiger stripes work, though I wonder if it'd look better with yellow stripes on a black background?

Only suggestion for the Elks is going yellow/green/white/green/yellow on the green pants' striping. Otherwise nice look!

Like the idea for Winnipeg's alt a lot! I think the bolt you use on the chest is a tad cramped, though... Maybe two zags per side would be better?

On 2/2/2022 at 2:14 PM, vtgco said:

I like the long-sleeve stripes for Hamilton but some things about the set feel a touch off... The away feels pretty good, but I guess I'm not crazy about the white shoulder blocks at home, so maybe yellow shoulder blocks and white numbers?

Just following the classic, I guess...

spacer.png

I really like the idea of long sleeve football uniforms and I’m kinda surprised Rutgers is the only team who’s tried them. The extra real estate on the sleeves for real stripes and shoulder TV numbers is great. I’m a sucker for TV numbers above sleeve stripes. It really gives off an old -school football vibe. I don’t love the double green Saskatchewan alt, but everything else is really sharp.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:38 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Just following the classic, I guess...

Hmmm fair enough... Guess I'm not crazy about it the original either, but can't blame you for the throwback!

Calgary looks great; you integrate gray well.

Love the idea with the extended helmet logo for Montreal, and the jerseys look good; I'm not sure the coloration of the new logo on the sleeve pairs quite right. I think white outlines like the helmet logo; maybe blue background circle for use on the home jersey, no background or blue at all on the alt?

Archived