infrared41's Who am I? Super Bowl Trivia for the Old School Crowd - Super Bowl LVI Edition

infrared41

Round IX

I. I played in three Super Bowls which is also 75% of my primary team's Super Bowl appearances. They've lost every one.

II. Like the player in Round VIII, it's unlikely that I'd go in the first round of the draft today, but I did when I was drafted.

III. I led the league in this stat which was pretty unusual considering the position I played. It was also the NFL record for my position at the time.

IV. A few of my teammates were known by one of the most colorful nicknames in football.

V. It's safe to say that I suffered climate shock going from college to the NFL. It worked out, I was named Rookie of the Year.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll chime in late with Chuck Foreman too because I'm pretty sure that's the right answer.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 hours ago, jmoe12 said:

Chuck Foreman?

jmoe12 on the board again with Chuck Foreman.

I. I played in three Super Bowls which is also 75% of my primary team's Super Bowl appearances. They've lost every one.

Foreman played in Super Bowls VIII, IX, and XI with the Vikings who also lost Super Bowl IV.

II. Like the player in Round VIII, it's unlikely that I'd go in the first round of the draft today, but I did when I was drafted.

He was a running back and the 12th overall pick in the 1973 NFL Draft.

III. I led the league in this stat which was pretty unusual considering the position I played. It was also the NFL record for my position at the time.

Foreman led the NFL in receptions in 1975 with 73 which was unusual for a running back. Especially in that era.

IV. A few of my teammates were known by one of the most colorful nicknames in football.

The Vikings defensive line was known as "the Purple People Eaters."

V. It's safe to say that I suffered climate shock going from college to the NFL. It worked out, I was named Rookie of the Year.

Foreman played in college at Miami. He wasn't crazy about leaving the sunshine and warm weather to go play the Vikings. He was the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 1973.

chuck-foreman.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

3 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I got busy and missed out on these, but it was still enjoyable to go back and try to get them myself.

Thanks for bringing this back, red.

My pleasure. Real life got a little busy so I wasn't able to finish the week. (Sorry about that.) We'll do better next year.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived