2022 Lacrosse

MJWalker45

18 hours ago, tigers said:

They know that 1.00pm in Summer in those areas is hot right.

It's a summertime league. You can't reasonably expect them to play all night games. MLB doesn't even do that. 2 out of 21 games so far with a 1pm start time ain't bad. If they drink enough water, wear sunscreen, light clothing, a hat and sunglasses the lacrosse fans of Albany and Long Island will be fine watching a game on a June afternoon.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

19 hours ago, tigers said:

They know that 1.00pm in Summer in those areas is hot right.

Can't wait for a 1.00pm game in Phoenix in the next release.

Phoenix wouldn't likely be involved, since it's not a lacrosse hotbed, but even then you plan for things like that and probably play inside State Farm for those games. The spots they choose tend to have highs in the mid-90's at most, so it's not too rough on the players and more importantly, the fans. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

PLL tour went there last season. Besides the permanent NFL markings sewn into the turf it was a nice facility for them. PLL should stick to small stadiums for the time being.  I know they need to go to Boston/New England every season, but Gillette is way too big of a venue for what the PLL is right now. To my knowledge there are not any suitable alternatives in the Boston area as far as small stadiums go. Maaaaybe the place where the rugby team (Freejacks) plays.  Even though that's not on par with other PLL venues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Don't know if the thread was made with the intention of solely being a PLL thread, but for those of you that have ESPNU Johns Hopkins vs Loyola (delay) is going to air at 8pm.

College and NLL can be discussed here as well. It's a bit of a niche sport. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I only get to watch replays on utoob and i want it on the record that Tehoka Nanticoke is the most exciting player i have seen.

Can anyone tell me if this is his first season, and where has he played before if not?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 2/9/2022 at 6:15 PM, 4_tattoos said:

PLL tour went there last season. Besides the permanent NFL markings sewn into the turf it was a nice facility for them. PLL should stick to small stadiums for the time being.  I know they need to go to Boston/New England every season, but Gillette is way too big of a venue for what the PLL is right now. To my knowledge there are not any suitable alternatives in the Boston area as far as small stadiums go. Maaaaybe the place where the rugby team (Freejacks) plays.  Even though that's not on par with other PLL venues.

In Baltimore, they play at Homewood Field, which only holds 8,500.

spacer.png

Wiki says Nickerson Field at Boston University seats 9,871.

spacer.png

If's that is too small, Alumni Stadium at Boston College seats 44,500.  That's pretty big, but not as overwhelming at Gillette.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

Wiki says Nickerson Field at Boston University seats 9,871.

spacer.png

If's that is too small, Alumni Stadium at Boston College seats 44,500.  That's pretty big, but not as overwhelming at Gillette.

That looks good to me, but I have a feeling they wouldn't go to a stadium with just one side of seats. Think the optics of it might matter to Rabil and company in the PLL .

14 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

That looks good to me, but I have a feeling they wouldn't go to a stadium with just one side of seats. Think the optics of it might matter to Rabil and company in the PLL .

I had the same thought.  It might work if they can set up the cameras on the open side so only the other side is visible most of the time.

The Patriots played there during part of their AFL run and the Boston Breakers played there during the first season of USFL 1.0.  However, there were still seats on the other side and the total capacity was somewhere around 20,000.

spacer.png

I also forgot about Harvard Stadium, which seats 30,323 according to Wiki.  The Cannons played for a large part of their MLL tenure.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 hours ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

In NLL news, commissioner Nick Sakiewicz is stepping down immediately.

During his tenure the NLL added six teams and signed two new TV deals in Canada and the United States. The timing feels a bit weird with this, but he definitely did a solid job steering the ship.

Heading to MLB to fix them 🤣

He did a great job though pushing the brand out of a slump.

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Yeah. Very disappointing news. He’s helped breathe some life back into the league. 

im worried he saw the writing on the wall post-COVID and is getting away before things come bad. I hope I’m very wrong. 

• Like 2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)