2022 Lacrosse

MJWalker45

This is very disheartening news. My wife and I became Wings STH when they came back and I have really gotten back into the league. If I can think of any positives that might ease our minds, it would be that there is a lot of money invested into the league and the teams. Tsai, Pegula, and Comcast all have teams. Plus, there is still expansion into Las Vegas. Maybe the league is in good hands.

• Like 2

We may see some new uniforms this year.  Figured a move from Adidas to Champion was coming. Last season everything but the player's game uniforms had already switched to Champion. Even the referees wore Champion uniforms.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

9 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Yeah. Very disappointing news. He’s helped breathe some life back into the league. 

im worried he saw the writing on the wall post-COVID and is getting away before things come bad. I hope I’m very wrong. 

I hope you are too.

After the last slump the NLL had they don't need another one.

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

2 minutes ago, tigers said:

I hope you are too.

After the last slump the NLL had they don't need another one.

Not the first time you’ve wanted me to be wrong 😂 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

41 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

Not the first time you’ve wanted me to be wrong 😂 

Not the first time i've been wrong about you being wrong.😎

🤣

I like the Box game and i went to a game last year with one Singapore University team against a Taiwan team and the crowd was around 3500 people and they loved it, if they could get a few countries where indoor sport is bigger i think it could really go places.

• LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tigers said:

What's the white star near Kentucky?

Hmm. After looking at a map of the US States outlined for comparison, the white start appears to be somewhere in Tennessee. No clue as to how that may relate to the PLL.

I'm not a fan of all-star games. I would have much preferred if they had an additional regular season game in week 6 in another city, then come to Boston/Foxboro for the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JayMac said:

I wonder how many of those games will be played on ABC or ESPN networks. I have a feeling at least 75% of the games will be on ESPN+ only.

Seeing how lame ESPN's summertime programming usually is, I'd be willing to bet more games end up televised this season than it did in past years on NBC.  Outside of MLB games, PLL wouldn't regularly be competing against ratings juggernauts for airtime on the main ESPN channels in the summer months. I want to believe PLL will get TV time ahead of cornhole tournaments 🤷🏿‍♂️

As far as ABC specifically. I think week 1 and the all-star game for sure. I hesitate to say the championship game will air on ABC because the PLL runs in to the early weeks of college football. I doubt PLL gets to air on ABC over some early out of conference matchups in CFB. That third week of September is when CFB usually has some major programs playing each other.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

PLL's 2022 broadcast schedule has been announced. Mostly ESPN+ games. Luckily, I have the plus now (thank you Hulu). I talked a lot of trash about the existence of that app, but once it became part of my Hulu package I instantly realized how much it comes in handy when there's nothing good on TV. I've watched an insane amount of college baseball and softball in the last couple of weeks.

Anyways here it is.

So, I wonder what the Toronto Rock of Hamilton thinks of their first season in Steel City?  (and whether or not they should've just moved to Coca-Cola Coliseum like I'd suggested)

bYhYmxh.png

On 5/5/2022 at 6:57 AM, Burmy said:

So, I wonder what the Toronto Rock of Hamilton thinks of their first season in Steel City?  (and whether or not they should've just moved to Coca-Cola Coliseum like I'd suggested)

Yeah...still stupid.  Why they don't just rename themselves the Ontario Rock is beyond me.

On 3/9/2022 at 5:58 PM, tigers said:

Actually surprised there is no Centre Lakes, LA or Canadian games.

I'm not too surprised, but I guess they didn't think they'd draw well in the Midwest or LA.  Lax isn't all that widely played in either region (ironically enough, a city in western Wisconsin is literally named after lacrosse).  Not sure why they're not at least holding a game in Toronto though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Coca-cola Coliseum, in my opinion, would be a great venue for the team.  To be honest, I think it would be ideal.

Thing is that they are the only Toronto sports entity that isn't linked to MLSE (The Jays are owned by Rogers who owns about half of MLSE) and MLSE owns or manages all the Toronto arenas. Apparently for years the Rock owner (Jamie Dawick) has tried to work with MLSE to get a more favorable rent price. I don't know specifics, this is just what i've heard through the grapevine.

Some people believe MLSE just doesn't want any team they don't own in town but that's just a theory out there and I would think that if MLSE wants them bad enough, they can throw enough cash at Jamie to get them. 

Year 1 in Hamilton wasn't great in the sense that there were capacity limits set by the government early on (just a fact, I don't mean to/want to get into a political discussion). I think this needs a few years. The arena is going to be basically rebuilt starting this fall so that should help too. As a former resident of Hamilton, I've been there many times, it's not the nicest place to go for an event. I think a heavily refurbished arena will at least get some curious people to come out. We'll see of course, that's just my opinion. Again, Coca-Cola Coliseum would still be better in my opinion but I think it's too soon to say the Hamilton move was a failure.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 hours ago, Jer15 said:

Coca-cola Coliseum, in my opinion, would be a great venue for the team.  To be honest, I think it would be ideal.

Thing is that they are the only Toronto sports entity that isn't linked to MLSE (The Jays are owned by Rogers who owns about half of MLSE) and MLSE owns or manages all the Toronto arenas. Apparently for years the Rock owner (Jamie Dawick) has tried to work with MLSE to get a more favorable rent price. I don't know specifics, this is just what i've heard through the grapevine.

Some people believe MLSE just doesn't want any team they don't own in town but that's just a theory out there and I would think that if MLSE wants them bad enough, they can throw enough cash at Jamie to get them. 

Year 1 in Hamilton wasn't great in the sense that there were capacity limits set by the government early on (just a fact, I don't mean to/want to get into a political discussion). I think this needs a few years. The arena is going to be basically rebuilt starting this fall so that should help too. As a former resident of Hamilton, I've been there many times, it's not the nicest place to go for an event. I think a heavily refurbished arena will at least get some curious people to come out. We'll see of course, that's just my opinion. Again, Coca-Cola Coliseum would still be better in my opinion but I think it's too soon to say the Hamilton move was a failure.

Can you see the Rock becoming Hamilton or even Ontario Rock?

2 hours ago, tigers said:

Can you see the Rock becoming Hamilton or even Ontario Rock?

No because the owner said this when they announced the move. The name isn't going to change.

21 hours ago, Jer15 said:

No because the owner said this when they announced the move. The name isn't going to change.

Is it a permanent move or just until they can get a better deal at one of the Toronto Arenas?

11 hours ago, tigers said:

Is it a permanent move or just until they can get a better deal at one of the Toronto Arenas?

They signed a 5 year deal.....but I bet you if they get a better deal in Toronto they'll find an out. 

12 hours ago, Jer15 said:

They signed a 5 year deal.....but I bet you if they get a better deal in Toronto they'll find an out. 

Do free hot dogs and wine spritzers for the owners count?

• LOL 1