Another Commanders "fix" - joining the party

oldschoolvikings

This is pretty much what I had hoped the set would be when they first previewed the home jersey, but with a gold facemask. Then they showed the white jersey and everything went to hell.

The only change I would suggest (other than tossing black in the garbage altogether) would be to flip the striping on the white to burgundy/gold/burgundy.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, burgundy said:

This is pretty much what I had hoped the set would be when they first previewed the home jersey, but with a gold facemask. Then they showed the white jersey and everything went to hell.

The only change I would suggest (other than tossing black in the garbage altogether) would be to flip the striping on the white to burgundy/gold/burgundy.

Yeah, obviously I don't need a black option either. Just trying to make their mess work, as much as possible.

This is about as nice as the pig can look with all the lipstick in the tube. Obviously the black is stupid and I think the logo looks like a folded up piece of paper but those things aren’t your doing. 

I think I’d flip the sleeve stripes on the white jersey and change the numbers on the black jersey to yellow for visibility’s sake

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

This is about as nice as the pig can look with all the lipstick in the tube. Obviously the black is stupid and I think the logo looks like a folded up piece of paper but those things aren’t your doing. 

I think I’d flip the sleeve stripes on the white jersey and change the numbers on the black jersey to yellow for visibility’s sake

I tried the black jersey with gold numbers first, and as a stand alone piece, it looked better. The problem was gold numbers threw the color balance off with the burgundy pants.  My next thought was to pair the black jersey with the gold pants, but that was too much of a Steeler vibe. The only solution I could come up with to make the gold numbers work was an all black monochrome uniform, but you know, I have a reputation around here, so that was a no go. Left me with the burgundy numbers as the only choice.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I tried the black jersey with gold numbers first, and as a stand alone piece, it looked better. The problem was gold numbers threw the color balance off with the burgundy pants.  My next thought was to pair the black jersey with the gold pants, but that was too much of a Steeler vibe. The only solution I could come up with to make the gold numbers work was an all black monochrome uniform, but you know, I have a reputation around here, so that was a no go. Left me with the burgundy numbers as the only choice.

I get it, burgundy numbers probably works best with the burgundy pants. A turd can only be polished so much. It’s just a shiny turd

Great tweaks. I actually think their home and alternates are solid (minus the w on the front of the black helmet). Their aways are weak. You made the away so much better and even made the alternates better. Too bad they didn’t look more like this!

One thing I hadn't thought about until I had to deal with it was the basic font shape.  It's a bit of a mess. You don't really notice at first because the stencil lines sort of obscure it.  To recreate it, I started with the Bengals previous font (minus the drop shadow, of course) widened the verticals slightly, angled a few ends, them added the stencil line. Gotta say, I'm not a fan, although it's pretty far down on the list of what's wrong with the uniform.

Archived