Players with Multiple Right Uniforms

48 minutes ago, Burmy said:

Jordan:

DWAtbpyUMAACDPv.jpg

50 minutes ago, Burmy said:

And I present to you the winners of this thread...same team, same look, same uniform design, but different numbers (both of which are retired by the team they played for).

#45 isn't retired by Bulls

4r2eer.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Burmy said:

And I present to you the winners of this thread...same team, same look, same uniform design, but different numbers (both of which are retired by the team they played for).

Jordan:

Why-did-Michael-Jordan-wear-No.-45.jpg

Kobe:

kobe-bryant.jpg

Nah.  Jordan in anything but a Bulls 23 is the wrong jersey.

I would say the question for this thread is "What team/uniform immediately comes to mind for most people when you mention this player"

For someone like Shaq it's largely going to be the Lakers with a bit of Orlando thrown in.  I don't picture him in my mind with Boston, Cleveland, Phoenix, or even Miami.

Wilt Chamberlain?  Lakers, Warriors or 76ers are all reasonable answers.  He was with all three for an extended period of time and had success at all three stops.  Same with Kareem with the Bucks or Lakers.

Randy Johnson?  Mariners and Diamondbacks, yes.  Astros, Giants and Yankees, no.  No one pictures him with those teams first unless they're a fan of those teams (and that's a maybe).

And who here honestly thinks of #45 or #12 right away when they think of Michael Jordan?  Right.  Nobody.  Same with Drew Brees in San Diego.

Yeah Drew Brees in San Diego is the epitome of players in the wrong uniform. It’s a fun fact, not a this is what they’re remembered for. It’s the same as Gretzky in a Blues sweater. That’s weird. Gretzky in an Oilers or Kings sweater? That’s just right 👌🏻

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

There’s already a thread for that.

I was under the impression that thread was for players who at least have one “right” uniform.

In the case of Harden, I don’t think he has any “right” uniform. Furthermore, I don’t think a player of any sport, more so in today’s NBA, who bounces around from team to team, will ever have a “right” uniform.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I was under the impression that thread was for players who at least have one “right” uniform.

In the case of Harden, I don’t think he has any “right” uniform. Furthermore, I don’t think a player of any sport, more so in today’s NBA, who bounces around from team to team, will ever have a “right” uniform.

Like I said in the other thread:

On 2/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Harden’s right team will always be the Rockets (unless he wins a ring and plays 5-6 years at an MVP level in Philly).

spacer.png

spacer.png

And your second point is complete garbage. Joel Embiid’s right team is the 76ers; seeing him in any other jersey would be off-putting.

I barely follow the NBA and associate Harden with the Rockets.  That said, in the "super team" era, there will be more and more players without "right" uniforms - Durant is a perfect example.  I guess I associate him with GSW, but maybe OKC?  If you have to debate it, then he doesn't have a "right" uniform.  I'm even torn on Lebron.  More years in Cleveland, but different uniforms, but arguably his move to Miami and formation of the super team there was when he was most iconic (obviously the title in Cleveland is probably tops, but that was a singular moment vs 4 years).  Then with the Lakers, just being "the guy" for the team with the iconic yellow uniforms is significant enough to add them to the argument, though obviously saying Lakers are his "right" jersey is wrong.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Speaking of Pippen I don't know like you but for me Blazers is also a right team/uniform for him:

Scottie-Blazers-Feature.jpg

I'm sorry but Blazers Scottie Pippen is a first-ballot "wrong" uniform.

spacer.png

Archived