Fanatics buy Mitchell & Ness

Another Predator eating up possible competition.

I hope Mitchell & Ness continues to offer unique retro designs and good quality.

All the MLS and NHL stuff that I have from them is of good quality.

Bought 1 MLS team hoodie from fanatics and not only is does the material feel cheap, but the design too. 

They just plaster a teams logo on a generic jacket, hoodie and call it done, often non even in accurate colors.

Pretty clear now that we're never going to return to the peak of retail team sports apparel, as exclusivity/monopoly rights allow the biggest players to pump out crap at ever-higher prices. It's been this way since the Reebok/NFL deal hit in 2001, and it's only gotten worse and more prevalent since. I was in a Dick's Sporting Goods last week and was genuinely stunned at the poor quality of Nike's NBA, NFL, and IIHF replicas.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

54 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

*PAGING THE US SUPREME COURT*

Yeah, we're gonna need to do something about this. 

I think they somehow will use the defense that each of these sub-ventures, like JayZ being a 25% stake holder in M&N, and the leagues being minority stakeholders in the trading card division, or even Darius Rucker having a NFL clothing line where he owns a small percentage, negates the idea of being a monopoly...."We have 'business partners' in our subsidiary ventures" 

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Fanatics may make the "official" jerseys but its not like they own every apparel brand. You can still easily buy another Steelers shirt or hat from a non-fanatics source. I hate it and it sucks, but I don't see it encroaching on monopoly level yet.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:38 AM, kmccarthy27 said:

This is not good. Isn't this company becoming a monopoly now?

I feel like they are.

On 2/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, GriffinM6 said:

I'd love it if DOJ's Anti-Trust Division would take a look at Fanatics.  I'm sure they could find a Sherman Act violation somewhere.

20 hours ago, VikWings said:

Hopefully nothing changes but who gets paid in the end. Because M&N is high quality stuff where as Fanatics brand is crappy and cheap.

That depends on where you buy it--have you seen some of M&N's stuff lately? Much of the M&N retro stuff I've seen on shelves lately really isn't any better than the lowest-grade Nike or adidas team jerseys--most notably in the lack of actual tackle-twill sewn-on numbers. It's really disappointing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

That depends on where you buy it--have you seen some of M&N's stuff lately? Much of the M&N retro stuff I've seen on shelves lately really isn't any better than the lowest-grade Nike or adidas team jerseys--most notably in the lack of actual tackle-twill sewn-on numbers. It's really disappointing.

They started selling swingman versions and you see a lot more of them in the wild than the authentics, so that's probably what you're seeing. People are more willing to pay 110-150 for a jersey than 300-400.

16 hours ago, VikWings said:

They started selling swingman versions and you see a lot more of them in the wild than the authentics, so that's probably what you're seeing. People are more willing to pay 110-150 for a jersey than 300-400.

M&N has been selling swingman jerseys for years, but the quality has gone down over the last few.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived