Indigo's National Football League -- Ravens Update

Indigo

Welcome to my version of the No Fun League National Football League, where every team will look (what I think) their best possible. There are some ground rules before we begin:

1. Socks must contrast the pants. No exceptions.
  2. No straight throwbacks. Something (even if minor, as we'll see with the first team) must be different from previous looks. That includes classic teams like the Bears, Packers, Raiders, Cowboys, ans so on.
  3. The model player will be that team's QB unless he doesn't wear a double-digit number. 
  4. Everyone is free to voice their opinions, whether constructive or critical. I'll try to keep up with suggestions, but I'll be going by my pace. Don;t be disappointed if I don't immediately post your suggestion; I will eventually get to it.

With that being said, lets begin with our first team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Sure, the Bucs have spent most of their recent history in pewter, but their "creamsicle" look stands out to me, and we need more teams with bright color schemes. Bright orange and red screams tropical Florida, and for a team named after a bay, it just looks right.

• The Bucs signature logo gets a creamsicle color swap, but remains the same design-wise.
  • The basic design of the throwbacks are the same, but I brought back the orange pants they wore for a few years as an option.
  • Instead of a bland gray facemask, the cage is now red.
  • A new red alternate is added, but I chose orange numbers to distingush them from their Super Bowl opponent Kansas City.

yO0NpbI.pngJowawSs.pngFxN2aNQ.pngoTMrtyC.png

• Like 7

21 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Welcome to the my version of the No Fun League National Football League, where every team will look (what I think) their best possible. There are some ground rules before we begin:

1. Socks must contrast the pants. No exceptions.
  2. No straight throwbacks. Something (even if minor, as we'll see with the first team) must be different from previous looks. That includes classic teams like the Bears, Packers, Raiders, Cowboys, ans so on.
  3. The model player will be that team's QB unless he doesn't wear a double-digit number. 
  4. Everyone is free to voice their opinions, whether constructive or critical. I'll try to keep up with suggestions, but I'll be going by my pace. Don;t be disappointed if I don't immediately post your suggestion; I will eventually get to it.

With that being said, lets begin with our first team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Sure, the Bucs have spent most of their recent history in pewter, but their "creamsicle" look stands out to me, and we need more teams with bright color schemes. Bright orange and red screams tropical Florida, and for a team named after a bay, it just looks right.

• The Bucs signature logo gets a creamsicle color swap, but remains the same design-wise.
  • The basic design of the throwbacks are the same, but I brought back the orange pants they wore for a few years as an option.
  • Instead of a bland gray facemask, the cage is now red.
  • A new red alternate is added, but I chose orange numbers to distingush them from their Super Bowl opponent Kansas City.

yO0NpbI.pngJowawSs.pngFxN2aNQ.pngoTMrtyC.png

Its giving off  houston rockets vibes

spacer.png

While I work on the Bucs adjustments, here are two new teams:

First, the Detroit Lions.

Detroit's 2017 overhaul brought them back to their roots, ditching the black, but a few tweaks are needed to truly make the look complete. (PS. This was the first team I did, before I started using team-specific player NOBs).

• Thin white stripes are placed in between the northwestern-style stripes, just to make the helmet look a bit more like the Barry Sanders-era.
  • Gray is ditched completely: the all-gray Color Rush was 86'd, and the numbers on the home uniform are blue with silver outlines.
  • Blue pants are now paired with silver socks, just like 1998

UWYmbkT.png

Epy7RMB.pngXAGdy06.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

And our second team, the Washington Commanders.

As we all know, the Commies fumbled the bag heavily on their new look. No need to beat a dead horse.

• I decided to take cues from the other maroon-&-gold team in sports, the Cleveland Cavaliers. I thought their look from the LeBron II era would work perfectly for Washington.
  • The DC (state?) flag is put on the shoulders, recolored in cabernet & cheese to match the helmet and pants.
  • Speaking of the helmet, rhe iconic gold facemask returns.
  • Sleeve caps will remain red on the road, just like their IRL counterparts.
  • I used an modern/stencil number font to better match the logo, and that led me to make a second home jersey, one with gold numbers and white outlines for readability. I ultimately chose the first one, but let me know what you guys think.
  • Snyder's wet dream of a black jersey comes true, albeit in a smoother way than before.
  • The alternate is simply the white jersey with a recolored base, and black stripes inbetween the two gold ones.

XbVV5HF.pngR7MV6kX.png

1IRxk8p.png3hWxg3m.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Great job on the Lions, you nailed everything. Maybe just a few tweaks such as making the blue pants' belt silver or blue and revising the NOB to what the Lions use now, and it's perfect.

I think that the design that you came up with for the Commanders is a homerun for me. I would suggest though that the numbers on the burgundy jersey be turned into gold without outline or white with gold outline, and the W helmet decal be gold without outline (just like what was unveiled). For the black jersey though, maybe gold numbers outlined in burgundy would be better, but it's on you if you'd retain it or not. Plus, black pants would pair well with the black jersey, but it could sound BFBS for most. Finally, you might want to fix the 7 to have equally distributed outlines.

I understand that you're fixing the Bucs right now, but I think white numbers outlined in orange on the red jersey would be a better choice.

Anyway, I said a lot of things, but you're off to a great start with those three teams. Keep up the great work! 😉

On 2/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, DCarp1231 said:

While I’m not a huge fan of the creamsicle uniforms, I really like these. My two suggestions are-

• move the sleeve numbers to the shoulders

• red helmet logo with orange outlines

On 2/28/2022 at 9:42 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

I'd like to see the tv numbers on the shoulder and the football in the logo needs to contrast with the skull/swords. Something about the name also strikes me wrong. Perhaps it needs to be bigger or skinnier

On 3/2/2022 at 11:19 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Detroit looks amazing!

As for Washington,

• Thinner number font

• Solid cheese helmet dubya

• Consider adding black into the home and away uniforms to eliminate the need for two white pants

Thank you fro your patience, and here are your Bucs updates! I tried to fit everyone's suggestions in, because I did't want to make multiple versions for small tweaks.

UAqpfg2.png27XoVFH.png8IhhvOu.pngrtxXm4Y.png

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, edjb93 said:

Great job on the Lions, you nailed everything. Maybe just a few tweaks such as making the blue pants' belt silver or blue and revising the NOB to what the Lions use now, and it's perfect.

I think that the design that you came up with for the Commanders is a homerun for me. I would suggest though that the numbers on the burgundy jersey be turned into gold without outline or white with gold outline, and the W helmet decal be gold without outline (just like what was unveiled). For the black jersey though, maybe gold numbers outlined in burgundy would be better, but it's on you if you'd retain it or not. Plus, black pants would pair well with the black jersey, but it could sound BFBS for most. Finally, you might want to fix the 7 to have equally distributed outlines.

I understand that you're fixing the Bucs right now, but I think white numbers outlined in orange on the red jersey would be a better choice.

Anyway, I said a lot of things, but you're off to a great start with those three teams. Keep up the great work! 😉

On 3/2/2022 at 11:19 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Detroit looks amazing!

As for Washington,

• Thinner number font

• Solid cheese helmet dubya

• Consider adding black into the home and away uniforms to eliminate the need for two white pants

On 3/2/2022 at 6:02 PM, BiggityBerfa said:

all good but the numbers on the commanders jersey need to be narrowed

On 3/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Commies' home uniform needs to have contrasting numbers. Plain athletic gold would be great

Here are the new-and-improve Washington Communists Commanders!

LvbKPyh.png

j6aGt18.pngJNTiJiq.pngEooaUpq.png

• Like 4

Thanks for all the love on the Commanders! We're swinging to the NFC North with our next team, the Green Bay Packers.

To the casual fan, it would seem as if I made no changes. That's a good thing, as the Packers have a top-3 uniform in the NFL. However, the pants and helmet stripes have thin gold stripes (think LSU) to match the shoulder and collar stripes. The biggest difference, though, comes in the form of a new throwback. The Pack bring back the 1936 uniforms, their second season wearing green(and last for another decade) and their first official NFL championship.

rRbkE1O.png

J9NzchH.png

q10jWPz.png