Indigo's National Football League -- Ravens Update

Indigo

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Packers are one of the teams I wish more people would take creative liberties with.

Different stripes

Number outlines

Non-yellow pants

SOMETHING

However, you did a good job on the slight adjustment

The Packers have one of the most traditional looks in the NFL, so any major changes could cause an outrage. That being said, I do understand your point, @DCarp1231. I'm going to experiment with the Pack and get back to you.

• Like 3

I tried to experiment with the Pack the best that i could while still keeping them recognizable. The brighter green from the 1936 throwback is used throughout, because IMO the Packers current green is way to dark (the IRL jersey color is fine, but the online PANTONE shade confused my computer). Most of the changes in this set are based off of 1984:

• The five-stripe-pattern on the sleeves return (instead of 3).
  • The logo is placed on the sleeves.
  • The pants stripe is G/W/Y/W/G. (the helmet stripe now matches).
  • The numbers on the side of the pants return.

I also added a floating (offset? split? ghost?) outline around the numbers, as it keeps some familiarity compared to a direct outline.

c3PGF1o.png14ikKeV.png

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

• 3 weeks later...

Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles use a LOT of neon-ish/kelly green in their social media graphics, website, and even their stadium walls, and it looks great paired with the midnight green. It's time we bring it to the main branding as well. 

• On the logo, all of the unnecessary outlines are removed, while black is swapped for midnight green, and kelly green takes it's place.

nPBek8D.png

• All black is removed on the uniforms, and is replaced with kelly on the collar, sleeve cuffs, number outlines, facemask, and helmet wing outline.
  • The font remains, but the drop shadow is replaced for a double outline on the numbers.
  • Despite Philly's on-and-off relationship with the color, silver britches are the only options here.
  • A kelly green Cunningham-era fauxback is the alternate, with all traces of black replaced with midnight green. 

zZp4K4Z.pngJO24phr.pnguhzvqcs.png

• Like 7

• Indigo changed the title to LA Fakers + LA Snippers' National Football League -- (Kelly Green returns to Philly...sort of)
20 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles use a LOT of neon-ish/kelly green in their social media graphics, website, and even their stadium walls, and it looks great paired with the midnight green. It's time we bring it to the main branding as well. 

• On the logo, all of the unnecessary outlines are removed, while black is swapped for midnight green, and kelly green takes it's place.

nPBek8D.png

• All black is removed on the uniforms, and is replaced with kelly on the collar, sleeve cuffs, number outlines, facemask, and helmet wing outline.
  • The font remains, but the drop shadow is replaced for a double outline on the numbers.
  • Despite Philly's on-and-off relationship with the color, silver britches are the only options here.
  • A kelly green Cunningham-era fauxback is the alternate, with all traces of black replaced with midnight green. 

zZp4K4Z.pngJO24phr.pnguhzvqcs.png

these look great! ive always wanted to see midnight green and kelly green coexist. really missing the black though. i love when the eagles wear the all black uniforms. maybe if the midnight green was  little darker it would fill that void.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eegl75 said:

these look great! ive always wanted to see midnight green and kelly green coexist. really missing the black though. i love when the eagles wear the all black uniforms. maybe if the midnight green was  little darker it would fill that void.

I would agree with eegl75 on the above. Definitely miss the black. I just don't know how I feel about the double green. I would be very interested to see what this would look like if you darkened that midnight green quite a bit. I feel like it may balance the greens.

Either way - still a great job on my Eagles. That throwback is great. Looking forward to Kelly Green coming back. Lots of good work in this thread! Keep it up!

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 10:10 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

While I work on the Bucs adjustments, here are two new teams:

First, the Detroit Lions.

Detroit's 2017 overhaul brought them back to their roots, ditching the black, but a few tweaks are needed to truly make the look complete. (PS. This was the first team I did, before I started using team-specific player NOBs).

• Thin white stripes are placed in between the northwestern-style stripes, just to make the helmet look a bit more like the Barry Sanders-era.
  • Gray is ditched completely: the all-gray Color Rush was 86'd, and the numbers on the home uniform are blue with silver outlines.
  • Blue pants are now paired with silver socks, just like 1998

UWYmbkT.png

Epy7RMB.pngXAGdy06.png

This is fantastic. I am hopeful that this is what the Lions will do with the rebrand they've announced for 2023 (maybe 2024 when we host the draft). There's a lot of elements I liked with the 2017 rebrand but losing white was not one of them. 

Great job.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Philly's Phinest said:

I would agree with eegl75 on the above. Definitely miss the black. I just don't know how I feel about the double green. I would be very interested to see what this would look like if you darkened that midnight green quite a bit. I feel like it may balance the greens.

Either way - still a great job on my Eagles. That throwback is great. Looking forward to Kelly Green coming back. Lots of good work in this thread! Keep it up!

the birds always win when they wear all black

• Yawn 1

On 4/3/2022 at 12:47 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

I love that logo. Would totally get that on a hat

On 4/3/2022 at 1:09 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Love the update!

Only change I’d suggest is the number font. Even replicating the throwback font onto the primary jerseys would work.

On 4/4/2022 at 8:04 AM, eegl75 said:

On 4/4/2022 at 9:37 AM, Philly's Phinest said:

On 4/4/2022 at 11:09 AM, jaytavo305 said:

I love that throwback for Philly 

Thanks for all the feedback! Here are the Eagles revisions. (Gotta be honest, this set kinda reminds me of the Seahawks.)

eegjhik.png

g95BcJ1.png

zraR7Jb.png

dGYlaOI.png

• Indigo changed the title to LA Fakers + LA Snippers' National Football League -- (Eagles Updates)
  • 2 months later...

Arizona Cardinals

Back when we were discussing a possible Cardinals change a few months back in the NFL 2022 thread,  @BBTV mentioned using horizontal stripes on the shoulder similar to Texas A&M. I really liked that idea, so I took matters into my own hands with this concept.

• Helmet is unchanged.
  • Aggies-style shoulder stripes are thinly outlined in black.
  • Pants' double stripe matches the shoulders.
  • White socks (for red pants to avoid monochrome) are left plain to match the helmet.
  • Numbers and wordmark are sharply rounded to match bird-beak-wing side panels of the IRL Cards uniforms.

Mg1iC3F.pngfWriXuu.pngiNmEGJI.pnghlw2ic2.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Indigo changed the title to LA Fakers + LA Snippers' National Football League -- (Arizona meets Texas)
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys! I'm working on a new template that will be able to fit all the jerseys in one compact image, rather than 3-4 large images. In the meantime, here are the...

New York Giants

New York's uniforms, as they currently stand, have a bit of a color balance crisis. The home uniform is all blue, no stripes, no red, no nothing. The awayis the inverse, with all red numbers, red northwestern stripes, and new red-striped pants to match. That may have worked in the 60's, but for a team nicknamed Big Blue, this cannot (and should not) be the case.

• 1980-1999 set is the basis for this uniform.
  • Sleeve cuffs, collar, and pants stripe are colored blue-red-blue on both jerseys, intended to mimic the helmet stripe.
  • Names, and numbers are colored red akin to the current set.

UUBS2ba.png

7HxA7Oa.png

• Like 2

• Indigo changed the title to LA Fakers + LA Snippers' National Football League -- (Big Blue gets more...Blue)

Trying out a new template...tell me what you guys think about it.

Minnesota Vikings

In the NFL 2022 thread, we were discussing Vikings uniforms and a picture of Randy Moss wearing the UCLA-striped set came up. I lovbed that uniform, but hated the fact that the home version had Northwestern stripes instead. Solution? Add them to the home jersey.

• The UCLA stripes return, now being white/yellow/white on the purple jersey and socks.
  • White socks now have stripes to match white jersey.
  • Facemask is now purple.
  • Number font no longer has "Viking ship/horn" serifs.
  • New yellow jersey as an alternate, the first in Vikings history.
  • Color Rush is a thorwback to the infamous 1964 game against the Lions where both teams brought white jerseys, forcing MIN wear purple-on-purple for the first time. 

OURVgvr.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

• Indigo changed the title to LA Fakers + LA Snippers' National Football League -- Vikes With Stripes (plus new template)

That Vikings set looks great. The purple primary says "LSU" to me...probably because, unlike in the white, the Vikings haven't ever done that in purple. But I'd still take it because it's so good (and the outlined numbers set it apart). In fact, I like  everything here, though would want the yellow to be a rarity.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)