Hello all!

I am back again for yet another NHL redesign. I've done one in the past, but my skills have improved since then, I have had uniforms I've designed been worn on the ice, and I have found even better templates to use. This prompted my idea to design what I think every team should look like. Nothing crazy. Every team changes in some form, some more than others. There's only 9 teams I left the primary logo pretty much the same, while the rest of the teams have redesigned/reimagined logos. 

To pair with the home and away concepts, I added an alternate and a city jersey. I plan on sticking to a couple rules. I'll stick to my rules for the most part, there may be a couple exceptions.

Home & Road:

• Must have at least one difference from their current look (besides a couple of the original 6 teams)
  • Can dip back in time to past uniforms (I think some teams had really good looks in the past but ditched the more modern look for a classic look. It's time to look more modern in some cases)

Alternates:

• They must be a different colour than the home or away. 
  • They cannot be just a throwback/retro jersey

The throwback rule may be broken a couple times, but I'm really trying to make the alternates look different from their home and road jerseys.

City:

• Should not use the colour scheme of the team (unless the colours are tied to the city and integral in the design)
  • Will borrow the logo, but the logo will adapt to the new colours (similar to the Wild's reverse retro)

The city jerseys are an idea borrowed from the NBA. I wanted to design something that ties back to the city, that is radically different from the main uniform set. I think the NHL needs some fun in jersey design, but not as much as the NBA, but to allow some of these cool designs that are often worn in warmups, to be worn during the game. The City uniform is one way I think it could happen. It really may just end up being a city flag jersey haha, but that can be cool in it's own way as well.

Because of the way I set things up, there won't be a pants or gloves design for the city jersey, but I don't think that's needed anyway.

Templates for every team were created by the brilliantly talented Orion Taylor

Alright, with all that ground work said and done, let's move on to the first team.

Anaheim Ducks

The home and away are pretty simple. Based on the classic look, but with their current colours. I love the orange, I may be in the minority there haha. I think the current colour scheme is better than the eggplant set. Hard to argue with me because it's my ideal set haha. The striping on the one arm may not be right because my brain could not figure out what direction it should go, so if anyone has that answer, I'd love to know.

spacer.png

Don't worry though, the eggplant makes an appearance in the alternate. Using a design from another past uniform, but changing up the colours. So it's technically not a straight throwback. Rule not broken. Now the City jersey is where things get real different. You can see the flag for the City of Anaheim in the top corner there, that's what this designed is based on. Even though it looks like the perfect All Star uniform, it is indeed just the Ducks city jersey. You may also notice the Ducks logo recoloured to fit the theme.

spacer.png

I have all the logos prepared, but not the uniforms, so I'll be posting them as I finish them. Any C&C is appreciated, even if this is all about what I think the NHL should look like, I still appreciate comments! Especially if someone can tell me how to angle stripes on the back right sleeve haha.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

7 hours ago, TrueNorth13 said:

Hello all!

I am back again for yet another NHL redesign. I've done one in the past, but my skills have improved since then, I have had uniforms I've designed been worn on the ice, and I have found even better templates to use. This prompted my idea to design what I think every team should look like. Nothing crazy. Every team changes in some form, some more than others. There's only 9 teams I left the primary logo pretty much the same, while the rest of the teams have redesigned/reimagined logos. 

To pair with the home and away concepts, I added an alternate and a city jersey. I plan on sticking to a couple rules. I'll stick to my rules for the most part, there may be a couple exceptions.

Home & Road:

• Must have at least one difference from their current look (besides a couple of the original 6 teams)
  • Can dip back in time to past uniforms (I think some teams had really good looks in the past but ditched the more modern look for a classic look. It's time to look more modern in some cases)

Alternates:

• They must be a different colour than the home or away. 
  • They cannot be just a throwback/retro jersey

The throwback rule may be broken a couple times, but I'm really trying to make the alternates look different from their home and road jerseys.

City:

• Should not use the colour scheme of the team (unless the colours are tied to the city and integral in the design)
  • Will borrow the logo, but the logo will adapt to the new colours (similar to the Wild's reverse retro)

The city jerseys are an idea borrowed from the NBA. I wanted to design something that ties back to the city, that is radically different from the main uniform set. I think the NHL needs some fun in jersey design, but not as much as the NBA, but to allow some of these cool designs that are often worn in warmups, to be worn during the game. The City uniform is one way I think it could happen. It really may just end up being a city flag jersey haha, but that can be cool in it's own way as well.

Because of the way I set things up, there won't be a pants or gloves design for the city jersey, but I don't think that's needed anyway.

Templates for every team were created by the brilliantly talented Orion Taylor

Alright, with all that ground work said and done, let's move on to the first team.

Anaheim Ducks

The home and away are pretty simple. Based on the classic look, but with their current colours. I love the orange, I may be in the minority there haha. I think the current colour scheme is better than the eggplant set. Hard to argue with me because it's my ideal set haha. The striping on the one arm may not be right because my brain could not figure out what direction it should go, so if anyone has that answer, I'd love to know.

spacer.png

Don't worry though, the eggplant makes an appearance in the alternate. Using a design from another past uniform, but changing up the colours. So it's technically not a straight throwback. Rule not broken. Now the City jersey is where things get real different. You can see the flag for the City of Anaheim in the top corner there, that's what this designed is based on. Even though it looks like the perfect All Star uniform, it is indeed just the Ducks city jersey. You may also notice the Ducks logo recoloured to fit the theme.

spacer.png

I have all the logos prepared, but not the uniforms, so I'll be posting them as I finish them. Any C&C is appreciated, even if this is all about what I think the NHL should look like, I still appreciate comments! Especially if someone can tell me how to angle stripes on the back right sleeve haha.

It is a true honor to leave some feedback on my favorite team! First off, great overall presentation. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the rest of the league! Second, I’m going to rate each jersey individually and then the overall concept! 

Home- I’m on board for the Ducks to rebrand to the old design, but with the modern colors added to it which you did an exceptional job on here! Only criticism I have is that I personally am not digging the orange shoulder yokes to where it’s quite a distraction from the rest of the jersey. I’d make it black and the bottom can be orange focused. Striping seems a bit busy imo to where I envision a cleaner look by getting rid of the top white stripe. Might do the trick. 7.5/10

Away/Road- pretty much identical to what I said about the home set, if you were to add black shoulders (similar to the current white road jersey) then it really balances out the primary & secondary colors. Ironically, the striping on here works perfectly! One thing I forgot to mention about the other jersey is the striping to where you might want to balance the arm stripes with the bottom hemp stripes by lowering them to match the diagonal side (like the original Mighty Ducks jerseys). 8/10

Alternate- SHUT UP AND TAKE MY $! That’s what most Ducks fans and I would declare! It is a great combination of the ANAHEIM Mighty Ducks alternate jersey from 2003-06 striping design and the classic eggplant road jersey which works quite perfectly here! Might even consider it a future “reverse retro”. Only minor thing that is missing are some shoulder patches to make it pop even more. Other than that, totally MIGHTY! 9.5/10

City- Boy oh boy! This one is where it comes to a complete drop off where the other 3 jerseys were all on an upscaling chart! As a resident of Anaheim myself, the city doesn’t even embrace the new design as there have been quite negative feedback about it. It’s so lackluster, the city hasn’t even raised the flag up in our own city hall! That’s how much of a disgrace the flag is! 
Back to the jersey itself, the logo feels like a child sized jersey crest logo slapped on an adult sized jersey. And the D shoulder patches feels out of place especially since there’s nowhere else on the jersey that has the metallic gold color scheme. 5.5/10

Overall rating: 30.5/40

It is a true honor to leave some feedback on my favorite team! First off, great overall presentation. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the rest of the league! Second, I’m going to rate each jersey individually and then the overall concept! 

Home- I’m on board for the Ducks to rebrand to the old design, but with the modern colors added to it which you did an exceptional job on here! Only criticism I have is that I personally am not digging the orange shoulder yokes to where it’s quite a distraction from the rest of the jersey. I’d make it black and the bottom can be orange focused. Striping seems a bit busy imo to where I envision a cleaner look by getting rid of the top white stripe. Might do the trick. 7.5/10

Away/Road- pretty much identical to what I said about the home set, if you were to add black shoulders (similar to the current white road jersey) then it really balances out the primary & secondary colors. Ironically, the striping on here works perfectly! One thing I forgot to mention about the other jersey is the striping to where you might want to balance the arm stripes with the bottom hemp stripes by lowering them to match the diagonal side (like the original Mighty Ducks jerseys). 8/10

Alternate- SHUT UP AND TAKE MY $! That’s what most Ducks fans and I would declare! It is a great combination of the ANAHEIM Mighty Ducks alternate jersey from 2003-06 striping design and the classic eggplant road jersey which works quite perfectly here! Might even consider it a future “reverse retro”. Only minor thing that is missing are some shoulder patches to make it pop even more. Other than that, totally MIGHTY! 9.5/10

City- Boy oh boy! This one is where it comes to a complete drop off where the other 3 jerseys were all on an upscaling chart! As a resident of Anaheim myself, the city doesn’t even embrace the new design as there have been quite negative feedback about it. It’s so lackluster, the city hasn’t even raised the flag up in our own city hall! That’s how much of a disgrace the flag is! 
Back to the jersey itself, the logo feels like a child sized jersey crest logo slapped on an adult sized jersey. And the D shoulder patches feels out of place especially since there’s nowhere else on the jersey that has the metallic gold color scheme. 5.5/10

I can see the 25th anniversary jersey influence on the home and roads, and it makes for a solid look that pays homage to everything they've worn before. I prefer the eggplant and jade colour scheme, but something like this is ideal if they're sticking with black and orange. Even putting aside my logo preference (I prefer the Mighty Ducks crest over the D) this is a big improvement over the current uniforms. I don't know if it would look better without coloured shoulder yokes, but I liked it on the 25th anniversary jersey and I like it here too.

The alternate is nice, only change I would suggest is swapping the yellow sticks for orange on the logo to match the rest of the identity. Jade helmet and pants is something we never saw in the Mighty Ducks era so that could look interesting, or it might be a bit too much jade. But with this being based on their 2003 alts I can see why you did it that way.

Speaking as a Ducks fan who is not a resident of Anaheim, let alone North America; I like the flag inspired design in itself, however it kind of goes against how the team markets itself. The whole reason they use orange in their identity is as a nod to Orange County, so maybe a design inspired by the Orange County flag would be a more appropriate way to tie it all together. That said, if the Ducks were ever to host an All Star game the design you're currently using would be perfect for that.

• Like 4

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I think both home and road would look better without the yokes, but this is a great black/orange/gold concept for the Ducks. Maybe increase the angle of the stripes on the torso. But logo choice and stripe pattern and color balance is excellent. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, jgamarra2511 said:

It is a true honor to leave some feedback on my favorite team! First off, great overall presentation. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the rest of the league! Second, I’m going to rate each jersey individually and then the overall concept! 

I love the detailed critiques, and I think the scoring makes sense. I love the orange colour, which is probably why I added so much orange to the design. The orange definitely isn't for everyone, but I'm quite fond of it. I don't usually like having coloured shoulder yokes, I love the clean look without it, but I figured I shouldn't have every team follow that pattern. The alternate is my favourite of the set, so I'm glad you reacted similarly, especially as a Ducks fan. 

And the city jersey. haha. I knew I would for sure either upset or have a not so positive reaction to many of my city jersey designs. There's certain teams I think will be easy to design a city jersey for, Toronto, Chicago, New York etc. Anaheim is a tough one to start with. With me not really knowing everything about each team's cities, it will result in a city jersey that comes down to a city flag, or a design I like. I don't think even a google search will do justice for what each city represents. Maybe once I finish every team, I can go back and redesign those city uniforms using comments I receive from fans of the team. That said, I kind of love the Anaheim city flag, as an outsider. And I'll admit, I did not spend much time with the Ducks city jersey, it all came together in maybe 10 minutes, so I'd be open to changing the City uniforms up once this series is done.

But I appreciate the C&C, I hope to receive this much engagement with every team in the series.

• Like 1

Next team up! I'm actually finishing these faster than I thought I might.

Arizona Coyotes

I think a lot of the minor/major changes with the Coyotes is going to come back to whether you heavily favour the original look and colours or the more modern colours. I did mix both identities, combining a very popular classic look with a modern look. I removed purple and used instead the Coyotes red, eliminated the weird angled shoulder yoke and made it black. I originally wasn't going to add green back in, but I think it just wouldn't make sense to use the Kachina look without green. But I simplified the colour use. I love the Kachina look and I'm glad they brought it back, but they did one thing wrong, which I think Ottawa did wrong as well. They just didn't change anything about it. Design as come a long way since the 90's, and while it still can look good now, I think they should've attempted to bring some modern design into it. Cleaned it up a bit, so that was really my mission with it. I haven't met many people that prefer the howling coyote logo over the Kachina. This just makes sense for Arizona. I also went with red as the home uniform colour. Just nice to have some colour rather than a black home uniform.

spacer.png

I'm so excited about the alternate and city uniforms. The alternate could potentially be my favourite alternate in the series. Only time will tell. It plays off of the uniforms the Coyotes wore for a couple seasons before they returned to the Kachina. It's a simple look, but I love simple. It just fits so well. By making the primary the red, it opens up for a nice, clean, black alternate.

The city jersey, I definitely did better here than Anaheim. I used a couple different ideas to bring this one together. The flag of Arizona obviously. I haven't seen many concepts of an Arizona team without that classic sunshine pattern. I used that subtly on the front of the uniform and the helmet. The rest of the uniform is based off of the awesome Arizona sunsets and the Phoenix Suns city jersey. It's a beautiful and colourful jersey. It may make you think of the Utah Jazz, but oh well. There's no NHL team in Utah, so we won't have to worry about that haha.

spacer.png

As always, C&C is appreciated! And if you have any ideas for any team's city uniform, especially if you're from that city, I'd love to hear ideas I can incorporate into the upcoming teams.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Arizona Coyotes (2/32)
5 hours ago, TrueNorth13 said:

Next team up! I'm actually finishing these faster than I thought I might.

Arizona Coyotes

I think a lot of the minor/major changes with the Coyotes is going to come back to whether you heavily favour the original look and colours or the more modern colours. I did mix both identities, combining a very popular classic look with a modern look. I removed purple and used instead the Coyotes red, eliminated the weird angled shoulder yoke and made it black. I originally wasn't going to add green back in, but I think it just wouldn't make sense to use the Kachina look without green. But I simplified the colour use. I love the Kachina look and I'm glad they brought it back, but they did one thing wrong, which I think Ottawa did wrong as well. They just didn't change anything about it. Design as come a long way since the 90's, and while it still can look good now, I think they should've attempted to bring some modern design into it. Cleaned it up a bit, so that was really my mission with it. I haven't met many people that prefer the howling coyote logo over the Kachina. This just makes sense for Arizona. I also went with red as the home uniform colour. Just nice to have some colour rather than a black home uniform.

spacer.png

I'm so excited about the alternate and city uniforms. The alternate could potentially be my favourite alternate in the series. Only time will tell. It plays off of the uniforms the Coyotes wore for a couple seasons before they returned to the Kachina. It's a simple look, but I love simple. It just fits so well. By making the primary the red, it opens up for a nice, clean, black alternate.

The city jersey, I definitely did better here than Anaheim. I used a couple different ideas to bring this one together. The flag of Arizona obviously. I haven't seen many concepts of an Arizona team without that classic sunshine pattern. I used that subtly on the front of the uniform and the helmet. The rest of the uniform is based off of the awesome Arizona sunsets and the Phoenix Suns city jersey. It's a beautiful and colourful jersey. It may make you think of the Utah Jazz, but oh well. There's no NHL team in Utah, so we won't have to worry about that haha.

spacer.png

As always, C&C is appreciated! And if you have any ideas for any team's city uniform, especially if you're from that city, I'd love to hear ideas I can incorporate into the upcoming teams.

Really makes me wish that the Coyotes would be able to do the desert sand as their road jersey color. I actually really dig the alternate you made. It’s like their previous home jersey striping. But this one is WAY better! Keep it up! 👏 

• Like 1

The Coyotes kachina jerseys are a unique design but the muted colours on a primarily black uniform makes for a surprisingly dull look on the ice. I think they look better as a red team, and this simple colour swap of yours looks great. However I think the white jersey also needs to emphasise red as the primary colour instead of black.

And speaking of black, I like the alternate uniform. Not much else to say except that the striping design reminds me of an enlarged version of what the Ducks currently use in their branding (as do the Kraken). But since your version of the Ducks are no longer using that design I guess this is a moot point 😛

The city jersey is excellent. Love the sunset striping.

• Like 1

mTBXgML.png

23 hours ago, jgamarra2511 said:

Really makes me wish that the Coyotes would be able to do the desert sand as their road jersey color. I actually really dig the alternate you made. It’s like their previous home jersey striping. But this one is WAY better! Keep it up! 👏 

I actually had planned to design the road jersey with the sand colour, but in the process I kind of just realized that I love how clean the white looks. The sand almost dims the design down a little, but the white helps it stand out better.

Boston Bruins

Sound the alarms! haha I changed up the look slightly of an original 6 team. Black is such a prominent colour for so many teams, I thought why not bring brown back into the Bruins set. It's not even that crazy because it has existed in their identity in the past. Jersey striping stays consistent, but I did simplify the logo somewhat. I always thought there was too many strokes and outlines in the current logo. So not much change beyond the logo and brown instead of black.

spacer.png

The black makes a return in the alternate uniform though. It's based on a previous alternate design, but with some modern details, and the colours swapped. So almost like a reverse retro style king of thing. The city uniform is heavily based on the city flag, elements of the Boston Marathon, and the logo plays off of the markers on the Freedom Trail, which I just learned existed today. It makes for a unique logo and uniform that ties directly back to Boston. The idea for the tie back to the Marathon comes from what the Red Sox did with their City Connect uniforms. It made enough sense to me to replicate that idea in this uniform. And it may be the only uniform in the series with lower case letters in the back name plate.

spacer.png

C&C appreciated, and if you're from Boston and are slightly offended by my take at a city jersey, I'm very sorry haha. And if you have ideas for the previous and future city jerseys, you can add it to your C&C, I'd love to know what people from various NHL cities think should go on their team's city jersey.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Boston Bruins (3/32)
1 hour ago, TrueNorth13 said:

Boston Bruins

Sound the alarms! haha I changed up the look slightly of an original 6 team. Black is such a prominent colour for so many teams, I thought why not bring brown back into the Bruins set. It's not even that crazy because it has existed in their identity in the past. Jersey striping stays consistent, but I did simplify the logo somewhat. I always thought there was too many strokes and outlines in the current logo. So not much change beyond the logo and brown instead of black.

spacer.png

The black makes a return in the alternate uniform though. It's based on a previous alternate design, but with some modern details, and the colours swapped. So almost like a reverse retro style king of thing. The city uniform is heavily based on the city flag, elements of the Boston Marathon, and the logo plays off of the markers on the Freedom Trail, which I just learned existed today. It makes for a unique logo and uniform that ties directly back to Boston. The idea for the tie back to the Marathon comes from what the Red Sox did with their City Connect uniforms. It made enough sense to me to replicate that idea in this uniform. And it may be the only uniform in the series with lower case letters in the back name plate.

spacer.png

C&C appreciated, and if you're from Boston and are slightly offended by my take at a city jersey, I'm very sorry haha. And if you have ideas for the previous and future city jerseys, you can add it to your C&C, I'd love to know what people from various NHL cities think should go on their team's city jersey.

LOVE the brown for the Bruins especially from their 2019 Winter Classic jersey! The yellow alternate is really cool looking as well! City connect is pretty clever (only gripe Boston fans may have since they love holding onto grudges is that it looks like the Blues color scheme), but totally get that it’s from their annual marathon. What do you think if you were to add brown shoulder yokes on the white away jersey? 

I never thought the Bruins' modern look could be improved, but you've pretty much done just that. The subtle simplification to the spoked B works well. The dark brown is an appropriate middle ground between their current black and the original brown, and this colour scheme looks fantastic and really suits them. I like the alternate yellow jersey, however I'm a bit disappointed that it still features black instead of brown.

I'm not familiar enough with the inspiration behind the city uniform, but visually it makes much more sense for the Bruins than the Red Sox.

• Like 1

mTBXgML.png

This is a fantastic start to a series! Looking forward to the rest of the teams mate! Keep going on going as this is really good!!

• Like 1

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

17 hours ago, TrueNorth13 said:

Boston Bruins

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bringing back the brown works with it being such a dark brown that I didn't even realize it was brown. I'd be interested in seeing the white uniform using the black, well dark brown for your color scheme, B. I always liked how the team did the different colors on their jerseys in the past. The alternate I think suffers from your same complaint of the current logo. Too many strokes. The City uniform works so much better for the B's than the Sox. If you hadn't done a yellow alternate I'd say make the city uniform yellow more like what the Sox did, but with there already being a yellow uniform I wouldn't double up on the color; unless you made the alternate black........Either way great work

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

47 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

Bringing back the brown works with it being such a dark brown that I didn't even realize it was brown. I'd be interested in seeing the white uniform using the black, well dark brown for your color scheme, B. I always liked how the team did the different colors on their jerseys in the past. The alternate I think suffers from your same complaint of the current logo. Too many strokes. The City uniform works so much better for the B's than the Sox. If you hadn't done a yellow alternate I'd say make the city uniform yellow more like what the Sox did, but with there already being a yellow uniform I wouldn't double up on the color; unless you made the alternate black........Either way great work

It seems a lot of the colours will look different when I export it than on my program, but I think the brown still comes across enough thankfully. I'm pleasantly surprised by the positive feedback on the city uniform, I wasn't super sure about it. Thanks for the feedback!

11 hours ago, Tore said:

This is a fantastic start to a series! Looking forward to the rest of the teams mate! Keep going on going as this is really good!!

Thank you! There's going to be some really cool concepts coming up. 

13 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

I never thought the Bruins' modern look could be improved, but you've pretty much done just that. The subtle simplification to the spoked B works well. The dark brown is an appropriate middle ground between their current black and the original brown, and this colour scheme looks fantastic and really suits them. I like the alternate yellow jersey, however I'm a bit disappointed that it still features black instead of brown.

I'm not familiar enough with the inspiration behind the city uniform, but visually it makes much more sense for the Bruins than the Red Sox.

That's probably the best compliment I could get, thank you! There's only a couple team's I'm semi scared to change, the Bruins, Habs, Blackhawks. It's great to be getting solid and positive feedback like this though, especially for a supposed untouchable original 6 team. The alternate including black was solely so I could stick to some of the rules I set out for myself, to make it clearly different from the home/road uniforms. It would probably look great with the brown, but that's too predictable. 

• Like 1

Buffalo Sabres

I know everyone's first question is why I used Jeff Skinner for the uniforms. I just like the guy haha. He gets a bad rep because the GM gave him a terrible contract. But he's not too bad. And he wears a unique number that I could showcase on the uniforms.

I just love working on the Sabres. Gold and blue may be my favourite colour scheme to work with, it seems like nothing can look bad. I think the most obvious change is the logo. I altered it slightly. When the Sabres released their 50th anniversary logos, I loved how the swords reached past the boundary. It's such a simple addition to their logo, but I think it makes it stand out a little more. Almost seems more modern without really changing it at all. The stripes remain the same on the home. My biggest issue with Buffalo is the lack of matching stripes. I'm a huge fan of matching striping patterns. So when the road didn't match the home, it almost ruined the whole thing for me. Even worse was the arm and waist stripes not matching. Not to mention it just felt like what Chicago and Dallas do already with their striping. So I switched it up, and matched the home and road striping. I think the gold gets lost a little bit in the blue, but I'd imagine if it were fully printed in a real uniform, it would be more obvious. 

spacer.png

I felt it was a no brainer to bring in the alternate they are already bringing back. Plus it got a lot of positive feedback from fans so I had to make it the alternate. I really wanted to use the shoulder logo from the home/roads for the alternate uniform, but I feel like it would have to be gold, and it's just too close to the home and road set, it would go against all my goals for the series. The one aspect of this throwback style I hated was the number font. I don't think we really need to bring back every rugged and jagged font from the 90's just because they used it back then. So I had the retro style stitched numbers in my fonts, and I really like the look of that font, so I just went with it. Block letters will always be superior to those weird 90's fonts. Like the Ducks reverse retro font that no one could read. 

And the ever so tough to design city uniforms. When I had the idea, I didn't think it would be that hard. And then I figured I could just fall back on the city flag design. Until Buffalo. Where the city flag is white and blue. And for obvious reasons, Buffalo will not have a blue and white uniform. So now I had to think of what Buffalo is about. The main thought that came to mind was the Bills. I know Bills fans are insane, in the best way possible. The city loves that team. So I figured why not combine the two? A football style uniform, with the number in the front. The bonus is the jersey striping used on the Bills red alternate is the same style used by the Sabres in the past, so really it's a perfect fit. I recoloured the Sabres shoulder logo to fit, and added the flag element on the front. I even kept the white helmet to match the Bills.

spacer.png

And as always, C&C is appreciated! Just don't roast me on liking Jeff Skinner lol

• Like 10

• TrueNorth13 changed the title to My Ideal NHL - Buffalo Sabres (4/32)

I like the tweak to the Sabres logo. I see what you were going for in making the stripes more consistent, but the yellow accents really do get lost in the white jersey - and seeing this now has made me understand why they historically put more emphasis on it on their road whites.

With the alternate, I don't think the old-timey stiched numbers mesh well with the modern uniform design (but I also agree that their 90's number font was terrible). Somehow I'm getting the impression that the bison is annoyed at being mistaken for a "goat head" one too many times.

A dark blue flag inspired city jersey could have worked, but with the lightning bolt imagery I suppose you'd run into the issue of them looking like another team, so going a different direction makes sense here. After using front numbers for several years, it would be funny to see them go all the way with footbaw numbers on the front. But what about that shoulder patch, or the script from their 40th anniversary alts instead?

mTBXgML.png

The Bruins set is really good, but the NHL Logo Background panel being white on the Home and the City Connect looks odd. Making the panel the same colour as the main body on the home and the same colour as the yoke on the city connect might make a couple of really nice uniforms even nicer.

• Like 1

Calgary Flames

I think a majority of people and Flames fans would say their current uniform set is the best they've had. Me, personally, the horse head logo has and will always be my favourite logo they've ever had. It fits with the stampede theme of Calgary, and still connects to the name 'Flames'. When they introduced the reverse retro last season, it was easily the best uniform they've ever worn, in my opinion. In the previous era of uniforms, the style they went with made the black addition on the uniform look pretty bad. So when they unveiled the new uniforms, it was an immediate upgrade. I don't think that they needed to remove black for it to be an upgrade. I guess if you aren't a fan of the horse logo, you may not agree with me whatsoever, but this is my ideal look for the Flames. Based on the reverse retro uniforms with an added white stripe on the home, and a matching uniform for the road. I also did bring back the shoulder logo, I think it's quite a solid shoulder logo. Especially with the return of black into the set.

spacer.png

I could've gone the easy route with the alternate, and just used the Flames current home red uniform, but I thought since I added black back in, I might as well dive back into the uniform history and go with this classic. Cleaned up. I think it looks pretty solid. For the city uniform, Calgary's flag makes for a perfect fit. They essentially have their own hockey logo built into the flag. While I was making it, it somewhat reminded me of Denmark's uniform, but for a special jersey, I didn't think that would matter too much. It's simple enough to fit on a uniform, but still recognizable as to what it would stand for, at least to Calgarians. 

spacer.png

Any C&C is appreciated!

• Like 8