The Buccaneers Creamsicles Return

leopard88

. . .  in 2023

I'm a little surprised that I am first with this . . . I think.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/02/buccaneers-creamsicle-orange-throwback-jersey-2023

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why the writer thinks the creamsicle era ended in 1994 (pewter came in 1997) but anyway…

I always thought 2022 was still the goal because they were in the style guide…but maybe not? like BBTV said the supply chain excuse doesn’t match other sports. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Based on information that we have, both 1976 expansion teams should have their throwback looks in 2023. We should also have the Eagles in kelly green and the old school Patriots uniforms. I'm scared what the multiple helmet rule may bring, but I'm very excited for throwbacks to return. 

6 minutes ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

This global supply chain thing is horse :censored:, no reason why they can’t remake these uniforms in time for like 2 games this season.

THAT shouldn’t be a problem. It’s the retail versions they’re probably worried about (gotta make that money)

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Hoping more teams do this.  In an ideal world, thisis my top 10 throwbacks that need to come back (in no particular order):

1. Creamsicle Bucs

2. Red helmet Falcons

3. Fouts era Chargers

4. Zorn era Seahawks

5. Jaworski era Eagles

6. Ken Anderson/Boomer era Bengals

7.  Marino era Dolphins

8.  Elway era Broncos (pre 1996)

9.  Houston Texans allowed to wear Oilers throwbacks

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I always thought 2022 was still the goal because they were in the style guide…but maybe not?

They were in the style guide through 2019. When they made the changes in 2020 they did not include the throwback as there was no indication when all the changes were being planned of the one helmet rule going away. As such they felt no reason to continue to include them.

37 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Hoping more teams do this.  In an ideal world, thisis my top 10 throwbacks that need to come back (in no particular order):

1. Creamsicle Bucs

2. Red helmet Falcons

3. Fouts era Chargers

4. Zorn era Seahawks

5. Jaworski era Eagles

6. Ken Anderson/Boomer era Bengals

7.  Marino era Dolphins

8.  Elway era Broncos (pre 1996)

9.  Houston Texans allowed to wear Oilers throwbacks

Don't forget the red 90s Bills helmets!

mhsqny64dle21.jpg

1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

THAT shouldn’t be a problem. It’s the retail versions they’re probably worried about (gotta make that money)

^This is the thing right here. When the Bucs launched their new uniforms in 2020, it was freaking chaos trying to get retail versions (a bit easier for "Game" editions, but if you wanted a "Limited" jersey--forget it). I ordered a Brady limited jersey in April 2020, was told it would ship in May...then June, then July, then September...Finally got it in NOVEMBER.

Supply chain issues might not be quite as bad as they were at the height of the pandemic, but it certainly isn't operating anywhere close to what it was pre-pandemic. And the creamsicle jerseys and accompanying merch will sell BIG, even if the 2023 Bucs play about as well as the teams that wore creamsicle full time.

1 hour ago, canzman said:

They were in the style guide through 2019. When they made the changes in 2020 they did not include the throwback as there was no indication when all the changes were being planned of the one helmet rule going away. As such they felt no reason to continue to include them.

And there you go.  The "supply chain" excuse is BS.  They just don't want to say either "the league won't let us next year" or "we goofed by taking them out of the style guide."  So blame the "supply chain".  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

This global supply chain thing is horse :censored:, no reason why they can’t remake these uniforms in time for like 2 games this season.

Someone doesn’t understand retail, marketing, and logistics and it shows

Although I’m not a big fan of the concept of throwbacks in general, this is great (albeit unsuprising) news. The Bucs’ creamsicle is in that perfect sweet spot where it’s a great-looking uniform worth calling back to, but not worth building a whole new set around (The white jersey of the creamsicle set is vastly inferior to the home orange, in my opinion).

3 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Right. Now, IF they do this right--and I'll know by taking a look at the helmets once they're officially official--then their original orange, which dang near borders on peach, will take some time to recreate, just as was the case last time back in '09. It'll be interesting, recalling all the issues Nike (claimed they) had in reproducing the Eagles' midnight green, to see if they can actually pull off the original shade; or a/ get close enough and then call it a day, or b/ revert to the PMS 151 orange that came in later years. Either way, I'm glad I still have my creamsicle throwback from '09. (I had two, but my Lynch jaws got messed up somehow; I still have my "personalized" one though 😉)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Someone doesn’t understand retail, marketing, and logistics and it shows

IDk... college teams had no issues getting 400 alternate jerseys and helmets, NBA teams roll out 5 new alts every week,   The Commanders (granted they started earlier... maybe - we don't know when the Bucs decided to introduce the throwback) had no problems releasing the jerseys, even if the retail stuff is backordered (which was also the case for the Guardians, so that's just kinda how it works now.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Right. Now, IF they do this right--and I'll know by taking a look at the helmets once they're officially official--then their original orange, which dang near borders on peach, will take some time to recreate, just as was the case last time back in '09. It'll be interesting, recalling all the issues Nike (claimed they) had in reproducing the Eagles' midnight green, to see if they can actually pull off the original shade; or a/ get close enough and then call it a day, or b/ revert to the PMS 151 orange that came in later years. Either way, I'm glad I still have my creamsicle throwback from '09. (I had two, but my Lynch jaws got messed up somehow; I still have my "personalized" one though 😉)

Isn't the tampa orange the same as the vols orange? Seems like they could use that color.

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Can't decide if it's a good or bad thing that we won't see Brady in creamsicle

Bad: The more we can associate TB12 with the TB Bucs, the more annoyed Patriots fans get.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

IDk... college teams had no issues getting 400 alternate jerseys and helmets, NBA teams roll out 5 new alts every week,   The Commanders (granted they started earlier... maybe - we don't know when the Bucs decided to introduce the throwback) had no problems releasing the jerseys, even if the retail stuff is backordered (which was also the case for the Guardians, so that's just kinda how it works now.)

Good point

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived