The Buccaneers Creamsicles Return

leopard88

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TruColor said:

I'm going to say it again...you guys understand I've got all of the historical Pantone info on my site, right?

🤔

Noted, sir! You're definitely the truth! (Pun intended). I guess what I meant was more  of the live, non-official visuals through different means (media, uniform material, football cards, VHS, images, etc.,). Their colors seemed to travel between the spectrum of the official Pantone swatches during that period.    

7 hours ago, nuordr said:

I think it is great the Creamsickles are making a return, but it would make it 1000x better if they also brought back this road set: 

spacer.png

Would love to see those as well but Instead of using those socks with those pants, maybe go with the inaugural season striped version or experiment with the red to break the orange.

4 hours ago, Sport said:

Because they still use the same helmet the Bengals could wear the 80's throwback uniforms tomorrow if they wanted to sell the :censored: out a throwback jersey.

The helmet stripes were actually altered a bit when they did their first redesign of the modern uniform. So they could do the different stripes. 

But I'd love to see the "BENGALS" helmet set too. 

19 hours ago, Est1980 said:

I'm definitely a fan of what you call "double outline". I always saw it as an "empty space line" since I was a kid.  

I look at it this way too.  When the inside "outline" is the same color as the jersey, my mind doesn't perceive it as an outline.  Instead, I perceive it as just a gap between the number and the outline, which is why I always think of it/refer to it as an "offset outline".

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I liked the one-helmet rule because of the helmet's role in a team's identity. I don't want to see team identities get watered down.

That said, this throwback is Silver Lining #1 for me.

I agree. I think they should allow helmets just for throwbacks, but not an alternate helmet if that makes sense.

6 hours ago, ralphz said:

The helmet stripes were actually altered a bit when they did their first redesign of the modern uniform. So they could do the different stripes. 

But I'd love to see the "BENGALS" helmet set too. 

They can’t change the stripes, they are painted on. At the same time I don’t think anyone other than here would notice a difference, even still i don’t know if anyone here realized the stripes changed (if they even did)

5 minutes ago, ralphz said:

They used to be stickers back in the day. 

K, doesn’t mean they can change the stripes today because they are now painted. It would have to be a totally different helmet for something less than 1% of people would notice.

19 hours ago, guest23 said:

Yes it's just another phrase to be derided and mocked by the woefully ignorant.

Obviously supply-chain issues are a thing, but we know for fact that these teams couldn't do the throwback jerseys in 2022 even if they wanted to, so it's not true in this case.  Or even if it is true, it still isn't the reason they can't wear them in 2022.

Seattle is claiming that the supply-chain issues are preventing them from getting retail product, which sounds reasonable enough, except that they too wouldn't have been able to wear their throwbacks until 2023.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, ralphz said:

Helmet from 1981

Ken_Riley.0.jpg

Helmet from 2006

56528628-cincinnati-bengals-v-kansas-cit

usa_today_15021463.0.jpg

They still look the same to me. Any small differences are likely just a result of switching from decals to painted stripes and trying to accommodate for changes in helmet constructions, but the design of the six stripes has more or less been the exact same for the 40 years it's been in use. 

Larger point is they could've done an 80's throwback at any point in the last 25 years without changing anything about the helmet. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

As a bucs fan, I agree that the throwback is cool for a game, not a new set.  My issue is now even less time for the red jersey. I also don’t know why the love for the white Bucco Bruce uniform. It was a mess with leotard orange socks-pants and the 77-97 reversal of orange numbers-red outline to red numbers-orange outline. 76 had it right the first time. If I were in charge (and had design skills) it would be red-pewter home, white- pewter road, pewter-white alternate and for the second helmet option you could have a white helmet (like riddell flat white fashion helmet) red jersey white pants or get real freaky with the white helmet and swap the red and orange of the home jersey to make an orange alternate with white pants. I can see these designs in my head and I know descriptions can’t compare to a picture, but that’s what you get from a 45 year old who can’t even use Microsoft paint.

KISSwall09.jpg

26 minutes ago, hormone said:

for the second helmet option you could have a white helmet (like riddell flat white fashion helmet) red jersey white pants or get real freaky with the white helmet and swap the red and orange of the home jersey to make an orange alternate with white pants. I can see these designs in my head and I know descriptions can’t compare to a picture, but that’s what you get from a 45 year old who can’t even use Microsoft paint.

I could see this if they went with something like the white helmet from the options they explored during the original rebrand

spacer.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

10 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

I could see this if they went with something like the white helmet from the options they explored during the original rebrand

spacer.png

That would be nice, especially without the black outlines.  Seen some concepts out there like that and it looks nice. 

On 3/1/2022 at 11:05 AM, TruColor said:

You know, I've had this site for the past 20+ years that outlines that kind of thing...

And you know, I bet there's not more than a week between my visits there to check or look up some obscure uniform or logo's color information.

Thanks for maintaining it all these years, TruColor!

19 hours ago, hormone said:

As a bucs fan, I agree that the throwback is cool for a game, not a new set.  My issue is now even less time for the red jersey. I also don’t know why the love for the white Bucco Bruce uniform. It was a mess with leotard orange socks-pants and the 77-97 reversal of orange numbers-red outline to red numbers-orange outline. 76 had it right the first time. If I were in charge (and had design skills) it would be red-pewter home, white- pewter road, pewter-white alternate and for the second helmet option you could have a white helmet (like riddell flat white fashion helmet) red jersey white pants or get real freaky with the white helmet and swap the red and orange of the home jersey to make an orange alternate with white pants. I can see these designs in my head and I know descriptions can’t compare to a picture, but that’s what you get from a 45 year old who can’t even use Microsoft paint.

As Scott Adams says, add that skill.  Those with multiple skills are more valuable in the future economy.

19 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

spacer.png

Personally, I like the top left black option, except with a "TB" instead of just "B" on the tip of the helmet.  Or better yet, throw in a football-shaped "hole" on the hat, like it got hit with a sword or something...

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

On 3/1/2022 at 4:11 PM, leopard88 said:

I look at it this way too.  When the inside "outline" is the same color as the jersey, my mind doesn't perceive it as an outline.  Instead, I perceive it as just a gap between the number and the outline, which is why I always think of it/refer to it as an "offset outline".

I once saw it called  a “floating outline” (referring to the Gators uniforms) and that’s what I call it now.

Archived