OKC Thunder Logo Redesign

ramsjetsthunder

2 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Potentially uniforms to come? Idk I'll see what I decide

XhXtZ2v.png

I like this. Keeps the shield and makes good use of the colors. I don’t know that you can use the bison interpretation of Thunder as the casual fan wouldn’t understand given that the current branding is more literal. It’s still a great logo regardless.

I love the concept, but the detailing doesn't quite read as a buffalo to me. Looks a bit too much like a gorilla or perhaps a viking/demon combo to me. Something about the structure of the face itself makes it seem oddly apelike. Still miles better than the current branding and an excellent start, but the details could use some tweaking to help it seem more like a buffalo.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Definitely agree with everyone that this is a huge upgrade from what they currently have. They have great potential but have the blandest branding in the league. I also agree with @PERRIN in that something seems off on the rendering of the buffalo. It does have a gorilla look or almost like a yeti look to it. One other minor gripe is how little the bottom hairs come out of the shield. I like the idea of the buffalo breaking the barrier of the shield but that seems like it isn't enough.

Overall a really good start, just needs some minor tweaking.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:11 AM, MDTrey4 said:

Definitely agree with everyone that this is a huge upgrade from what they currently have. They have great potential but have the blandest branding in the league. I also agree with @PERRIN in that something seems off on the rendering of the buffalo. It does have a gorilla look or almost like a yeti look to it. One other minor gripe is how little the bottom hairs come out of the shield. I like the idea of the buffalo breaking the barrier of the shield but that seems like it isn't enough.

Overall a really good start, just needs some minor tweaking.

Yea I agree with this. Looking great but maybe some minor tweaks.
I think you may need a little more detail / definition around the nostrils... and also as previously mentioned, I think the buffalo needs to clearly break the bottom of the shield or it can look like a mistake. Even if you contained it within the shield, it would still look good.

spacer.png

Suggestion: make the horns more like bison horns, and adjust the nose and mouth and eyes (the current eyes and brows are very gorilla-like instead of bison-like)...

American Bison

The trick is to avoid making it look too much like Howard University's logo:

Howard Bison Color Codes Hex, RGB, and CMYK - Team Color Codes

or the Buffalo Destroyers logo (which may be unused/abandoned now in terms of copyright law)

Buffalo Destroyers Logo Primary Logo (1999-2003) - Angry Buffalo on a circle below script SportsLogos.Net

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I agree with the above comments. Make the horns bigger and give them some curl. Rework the nose and mouth. Perhaps add some scruff along the right and left of the head to help define the shape of the head, which is distinct for a buffalo.

But the shape of the logo, with the head on top of the shield, and the current color balance you have going get a thumbs up from me.

Archived