American Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (Fictional College Sports Leauge)

MNL13

I'm new here, and I just got into digital design and Photoshop. I've wanted to create a fictional college sports league for quite some time. I will list all the schools at the beginning of my project. Feedback, advice, and comments are greatly appreciated. If anyone has ideas for logos, please let me know as well. So without further ado….

The American Intercollegiate Athletic Association

spacer.png

In 2002, a group of billionaire professional sports team owners, coaches, and players came together to create a plan to create a new college sports league. The American Intercollegiate Athletics Association's objective was to create a league that was really built around the students and coaches. This league allows students to make money from their skills, and gives scholarship opportunities to all students in all sports. Many NCAA Division 1 teams considered joining. Administration declined. The AIAA then began reaching out to smaller NCAA institutions (D2, D3), NAIA institutions, and schools with little to no sports presence. The league has had much success, especially in the last 10 years, and has gained more popularity than the now crippled and corrupt NCAA. They have 175 Schools (including some in Mexico, Canada, and US Territories) and 15 conferences. Their motto is Leadership, Scholarship, Competition

Men's Sports Offered

Basketball

Baseball

Cross Country

Field Hockey

Football

Golf

Ice Hockey

Lacrosse

Soccer

Track and Field

Swimming

Women's Sports Offered

Basketball

Cross Country

Field Hockey

Golf

Lacrosse

Soccer

Softball

Swimming

Tennis

Track and Field

Volleyball

Here are the 15 conferences

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Definitely looking forward to this. Curious to know if you have colors and nicknames already mapped out. Wisconsin State and Michigan International are two names I always used in NCAA Football when I wanted to pay with an original school.

38 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

So there’s only two colleges in Minnesota here, and none in the Twin Cities??

Actually, there's three colleges in Minnesota (Minnesota Northern, Polaris, and Red Lake). Polaris is located in St. Paul

13 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Definitely looking forward to this. Curious to know if you have colors and nicknames already mapped out. Wisconsin State and Michigan International are two names I always used in NCAA Football when I wanted to pay with an original school.

I don't have everything completely mapped out. I'm really just taking it one conference, and one school at a time.

13 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this too.

Is one of the Big Pacific schools based in San Diego?

No. I tried to put a couple of schools in Northern California, and I have two in Los Angeles.

First up is the Deep South Athletic Conference. All of these schools are located in the deep south, hence the conference’s name. There are multiple HBCUs in this conference, and is home to powerhouses in Basketball, Football and Track and Field.

spacer.png

Our first school is….

Ida B. Wells University

Founded: 1937

Type: Private HBCU

Nickname: Wildcats

Colors: Red Purple and Sea Green

Ida B. Wells University is an HBCU located in Holly Springs, Mississippi. Founded in 1937, IBW is one of the top schools for journalism in the country. The school was named for journalist, activist, and NAACP co-founder Ida B. Wells. The school was created by a group of black educators and journalists to not only honor her legacy, but to encourage other black students to pursue careers in journalism and education. 

IBW didn't have any sports teams before joining the AIAA in 2002. They got off to a rough start, finishing last in the Deep South Athletic Conference, in every sport they offered for its first three years. After coaching and administration changes, IBW began to perform well in track and field and basketball. IBW is now consistently in the top ten for track and field, and appeared in the Great 8 in the Womens’ 2019 AAIA Basketball Tournament. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Our next school in the Deep South is….

Magnolia University

Founded: 1948

Type: Private 

Nickname: Rebels

Colors: Magnolia Gold, White, and Gray

Magnolia University is a private liberal arts college located in Biloxi, Mississippi. It was originally founded as a teacher’s college in 1948, and is still one of the top producers of teachers in the country. The school is named after Mississippi’s state’s flower, the Magnolia, and its large campus is filled with them.

Magnolia quickly became a force in the AAIA after first joining in 2002. The school had left NCAA Division 2 to make a name for themselves. They won the AAIA Football Championship in 2018 and 2021, and finished in the top three in the conference in Basketball, Track, Swimming, and Baseball for the last four years. ‘Nolia Nation (as affectionately called by students and alumni) has one of the largest fan bases in the country, and is one of the top teams in the AAIA.

spacer.png

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MNL13 said:

It was originally founded as a teacher’s college

I think the teacher theme should be more apparent in the identity of this college…. How about calling them the MASTERS!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Our third school in the Deep South is….

Noble Jones University

Founded: 1876

Type: Public 

Nickname: Knights

Colors: Burgundy and Crimson

Noble Jones University is a Public university located in Augusta, Georgia. Founded as a small public institution for eastern Georgia students, Noble Jones is one of the top business schools in the country. The school is named after Noble Jones, an early Georgia settler and politician. After joining the AIAA, enrollment at the school tripled, increasing from a little under 6,000 to 18,000.

Noble Jones joined the AIAA from the NAIA in 2002. Although they struggle in football, basketball, and track, the Knights shine in Basketball and Volleyball. Noble Jones has an huge in state rivalry with Northwest Georgia.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Up next is...

Pinchback University

Founded: 1899

Type: Private

Nickname: Panthers

Colors: Dark Green, Light Green, and Gold

Pinchback University is a private HBCU located in New Orleans, Louisiana. Pinchback was founded in 1899 to encourage black students to purse careers in law and politics. The school soon expanded and is now one of the top producers in lawyers, teachers, and nurses in the deep south. Pinchback started offering sports in the late 1960s, which helped increase their enrollment significantly, and they did pretty well in NCAA Division 2 athletics. Striving to make more of a name for themselves and re-emphasizing the importance of the education of student athletes, Pinchback last the NCAA and joined the AAIA in 2004. 

Joining the AAIA in 2004, Pinchback immediately became a household name.  They are one of the football powerhouses of the AAIA, making the 8-team playoff 6 times in 7 years. Pinchback also does pretty well in basketball, track and field, and baseball.

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

About halfway done with the Deep South conference. Our next school is 

Baton Rouge State University

Founded: 1873

Type: Public HBCU

Nickname: Royals

Colors: Orange, Purple, and White

Baton Rouge State University was founded as a Baton Rouge School for Negroes in 1873 a young minister gained approval from the Louisiana State Legislature to begin a new university for African-American students. In its early years, the school focused on the education of former slaves. In 1902, the school changed its name to Baton Rouge College. The school began to offer degrees in Education, English, and philosophy among others. As the school gained recognition, it was able to add programs like Music, visual art, and fashion design. It quickly became one of the best public universities for the arts in the south.  In 1994, Baton Rouge College became Baton Rouge State University and began to offer NCAA Division II sports.  Aspiring to make a better environment for their student athletes, BRSU joined AAIA in 2003.

Baton Rouge State has done very well in the AAIA. They are known for their track and baseball programs. They have a heated rivalry with Pinchback University which makes football and basketball games particularly interesting to watch. BRSU is also lobbying the AAIA to add Gymnastics as a sport to increase the number of athletic scholarships at the school. 

yFQjAke.jpg