United Plates of America (CANADA FINALE!)

TheGiantsFan

NORTH CAROLINA

FUwE7TaUAAApsNc?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The main focal point of this license plate is the typography for the state name, inspired by the plates used from 1939 to 1941 as well as serif, pirate-style type that references the coast’s history of pirates. At the upper left corner is a rendition of the Wright Flyer in the shape of North Carolina. At the bottom is a coastal dune landscape that rises to the Blue Ridge Mountains to represent the diverse landscapes of the state.

Shoutout to @CDCLT for the North Carolina advice in the making of this plate; there was definitely some artist's block involved :/ 

• Like 11

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (36/56 North Carolina)
On 6/8/2022 at 12:14 PM, CDCLT said:

Yes! I'm loving this. A nice and refined plate that is a big improvement on the one we've had for 40 years. Nice work!

Glad you like it! :)

Thanks for all your suggestions, and I'm happy that it's approved by someone from North Carolina! I was honestly surprised to learn that y'all have had the same exact plate design since 1982 😮 

On 6/10/2022 at 9:07 AM, Jake3roo said:

That New York concept is absolutely amazing. Everything is gorgeous and makes sense, top to bottom.

Thank you very much! I wanted to make sure that the New York plate was simple yet effective :)

---

NORTH DAKOTA

FU_hapVUUAAhM1Q?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Despite its presence as a slogan on North Dakota license plates since 1958, visual elements of the International Peace Garden have never been featured on the plates! The main focal point of this plate is the garden’s Floral Clock, which depicts the bison and features the prairie rose, the North Dakota state flower. The clock is set at 11:02 to represent North Dakota’s statehood date of November 2, 1889. The bottom half of the plate combines the layout of the garden with a patchwork of agricultural fields, and the green and gold are taken from the North Dakota coat of arms.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (37/56 North Dakota)
On 6/12/2022 at 7:09 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Since you’ve done Maryland (the best one, obviously), I think your next best has been Nevada and North Dakota, respectfully.

Well done all around!

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like 'em! :)

(Personally, I really like how Nevada turned out in the end!)

---

Finally finishing through the long list of the N's (nine total!)

NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS

FVJ8ZezUYAApUq_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Located east of the Mariana Islands is Mariana Trench, the deepest trench on Earth which goes down to 36,000 feet in depth. Inspired by MacOS’s depiction of the submarine Monterey Canyon, this design shows off the dark depths of the trench. The latte stone (used as ancient Chamorro building stones) and star from the territorial flag serves as the divider, and the territory name is listed in the native Chamorro and Carolinian languages.

• Like 2

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (38/56 Northern Mariana Islands)

OHIO

FVP3nQXUsAAUx7z?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ohio's newest license plates are honestly such a trainwreck, so here's my simple remedy!

After a series of very cluttered license plates in the 2010s, I decided to keep it simple for my Ohio redesign. This red-based plate focuses on the uniquely shaped Ohio state flag, which adorns either side of the Ohio wordmark like one of the concepts for Ohio’s 2013 license plate redesign. The map from Ohio state highway shields serves as the tittle for the “I” in the wordmark. Despite the 2021 plates having flat-screened numbers, I decided to re-emboss these plates for my redesign.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (39/56 Ohio)
23 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Ohio's newest license plates are honestly such a trainwreck

It's true. I have the "old" one, the one with all the gray wording on it. Even though I miss my bicentennial plates from my old car. I liked those plates.

This concept is a whole lot better and this is what should be used for the plates. Nice job!

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

6 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

It's true. I have the "old" one, the one with all the gray wording on it. Even though I miss my bicentennial plates from my old car. I liked those plates.

This concept is a whole lot better and this is what should be used for the plates. Nice job!

Thanks so much!!! Glad it's approved by an Ohio resident :)

The red/white/gray Ohio plat you're talking about definitely grew on me through the years; I really liked how simple it looked from far away, and I always thought of the triangle thing at the top as an abstract Ohio lakeshore map 😅

5 hours ago, StevenGrant94 said:

This entire series has been superb so far, the Hawaii and New York plates are especially awesome!

Your Ohio plates are a big improvement over their current design.

Glad you're enjoying the series, my friend! Hawaii is definitely one of my favorites in the series :)

---

OKLAHOMA

FVWZ5kOVIAA2LvF?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The centerpiece of my Oklahoma license plate redesign is the return of the state flag shield previously seen on the state’s plates from 1990 to 2017. Similar to the flag and the current license plates, the background is light blue in color. The sunburst design is inspired by the Oklahoma City Thunder’s 2018-19 City Edition jerseys, which were themselves inspired by Native American art. A flowy serif font is inspired by Oklahoma’s 1982 sunset license plates.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (40/56 Oklahoma)

2 hours ago, buckeye said:
2 hours ago, jzn110 said:

For some reason the image link for Ohio is showing as broken on my end, but it shows up just fine on your Twitter. Looks awesome!

Same for me

37 minutes ago, Jake3roo said:

Re-linked the image, so Ohio should show up for y'all here now! :)

I'm super excited about this plate for the state I'll be calling my new home in a few months! :)

OREGON

FVfA91BVsAEFrO7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Although Oregon’s current douglas fir license plates have become iconic to the state, I decided instead to tweak the retro license plates that I ended up loving on a recent trip to Oregon. Originally used from 1955 to 1973, my modernized gold-on-blue plates feature the beaver from the back of the Oregon state flag and the wordmark from Travel Oregon. A sublimated wood pattern references the state’s vast forests and love for the outdoors.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (41/56 Oregon)

PENNSYLVANIA

FVzLiU9VsAEma9d?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This license plate for the Keystone State depicts the keystone on a structural arch for the first time in license plate history. The arch has a brick center to represent the colonial-era architecture of Philadelphia and eastern Pennsylvania. Steel beams form the outside of the arch to represent the steel industry of Pittsburgh and western Pennsylvania (including a wordmark inspired by steel I-beams). Blue and gold have been on the state’s license plates since 1923, so those colors remain.

An alternate license plate commemorates the upcoming 250th anniversary of American independence with a patriotic color scheme.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (42/56 Pennsylvania)

PUERTO RICO

FV4XgtaUEAAGVe3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The color scheme for my Puerto Rico license plate is based off of the pre-American Puerto Rican flag from 1895, which uses a lighter shade of blue than the current one. Flag elements are used to portray a beach scene, complete with a sand-colored gradient. The wordmark is inspired by street signage in old San Juan and is inside a bomba skirt, referencing the traditional Puerto Rican music and dance style. In the middle is a traditional Taino coquí symbol, representing the island’s symbolic frog. 
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Huh? 1

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (43/56 Puerto Rico)

RHODE ISLAND

FV8ylMAVUAAO2nA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This simple design for Rhode Island features the state flag for the first time in its license plate history, with the stars rearranged so that the anchor is more prominently featured. Some finalists of the 2022 Rhode Island redesign contest feature the waves from the current license plate, so a sublimated wave pattern is seen in the background.
  • Like 9

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (44/56 Rhode Island)

Work has been extremely slow this week, so I'm able to breeze through the states!

SOUTH CAROLINA

52168810278_fb7eb0c88b_o.png

My South Carolina license plate depicts the state flag as a nighttime beach scene, with the crescent moon lighting up a single palmetto tree and the Atlantic Ocean. There are 46 stars to represent the state’s 46 counties; 8 of the stars are slightly larger to represent South Carolina being the 8th state in the United States.
Edited by TheGiantsFan
Slightly brighter stars!
  • Like 13
  • Love 2

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to United Plates of America (45/56 South Carolina)