What if All Star Games had players wearing their team uniforms?

Remember when the NBA's all star game from 1997-2002 had the players wear their team uniform for the game? What if the other sports leagues did that?

I was wondering. How come the NBA all star game during those years always had the eastern conference wear white and the western conference in the colored uniform?

• gothedistance changed the title to What if All Star Games had players wearing their team uniforms?
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve always preferred special uniforms for an all-star game. MLB has always had their players wear their team uniforms for an ASG, but had special uniforms just for the Home Run Derby, and I always felt it should be the opposite. When the NFL pitted conference all-stars against each other in the Pro Bowl, they had special jerseys, pants, and socks, but they wore their usual team helmets. Again I always thought that was odd.

On 3/10/2022 at 2:11 PM, gothedistance said:

Remember when the NBA's all star game from 1997-2002 had the players wear their team uniform for the game? What if the other sports leagues did that?

I was wondering. How come the NBA all star game during those years always had the eastern conference wear white and the western conference in the colored uniform?

The Lakers didn't have a white uniform to wear.

Edit: @MJWalker45 had it first. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2022 at 4:57 PM, BC985 said:

The Lakers didn't have a white uniform to wear.

Edit: @MJWalker45 had it first. 

They didn't get one until the year that they started wearing special ASG uniforms again, but they've worn them when they played in the rookie challenge games.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:24 AM, AFirestormToPurify said:

I liked when ASG in the NHL were just helmet, jerseys, pant shells (where you could often see the player's pants colour peaking through), and socks. I've always thought the mismatching gloves were cool

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kinda like in the NFL where they let players wear their team helmets in the pro bowl

spacer.png

How the 1964 AFL All-Star Game boycott struck a blow for civil rights

The AFL did this as well for their All Star games as well. The NFL would simply repaint the AFC and NFC helmets, and East/West before them, until the late 1970's I believe.

NFL Pro Bowl Uniforms Through the Years | Bleacher Report | Latest News,  Videos and Highlights

NFL Program: 1977 Pro Bowl | SportsPaper.info

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png