Cubs Patriotic Special concepts

Discrim

Been thinking about this one off and on for a while, I think I might have even given this idea thoughts ever since I learned about the A's' old patriotic one-offs...finally put something together.  So here's a patriotic Cubs concept...

cubspatriotic221.png

cubspatriotic222.png

I had a couple ideas for the logo treatment, so I posted both of them.  The idea was basically having red pinstripes and star-spangled blue cuffs as a more subtle version of what many a minor league team has worn on the 4th, so you get the novelty of a one-off uniform while still having the Cubs in pinstripes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

They weren't the league wide designs we saw a few years back, if that's what you're thinking of, back in 1999 the A's wore a red/white/blue version of their home whites for the 4th, with navy replacing green, red in place of gold, and a flag patch on the right sleeve.  Two years later, they wore a similar uniform again, though this version had red front numbers, the flag patch was slightly different, and they used the Oakland script instead of Athletics.  Only downside, if you can call it that, is the cap ended up looking like the Braves.

And yeah, I find myself preferring the solid blue C...speaking of that old Sox uni, I wonder why they don't break that out for the 4th. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, Discrim said:

They weren't the league wide designs we saw a few years back, if that's what you're thinking of, back in 1999 the A's wore a red/white/blue version of their home whites for the 4th, with navy replacing green, red in place of gold, and a flag patch on the right sleeve.  Two years later, they wore a similar uniform again, though this version had red front numbers, the flag patch was slightly different, and they used the Oakland script instead of Athletics.  Only downside, if you can call it that, is the cap ended up looking like the Braves.

And yeah, I find myself preferring the solid blue C...speaking of that old Sox uni, I wonder why they don't break that out for the 4th. 

Just looked up the uniform you described. It kind of looks like the A's if they had kept their early Kansas City colors after moving to Oakland. 

Archived