Heavy vs. The NCAA DLC thread ((Florida International University Version 2))

heavybass

I had an idea for a continuation of the Heavy vs. The NCAA thread for a while but I wasn't sure how to impliment it... I can do it via the shakeup of how Texas Longhorns coerced Oklahoma Sooners into accepting fake Disney Money and from there I go whenever... but turns out when you research randomly into teams for the NCAA... you learn about other teams that exist outside the NCAA bubble and half of that is learning about different sides, So I figured I focus on that first.... so treat this as the recent Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Pass.... you get more uniforms to admire.

Anyway it's time to take a look at the first team and I am going into the lands of Canada for this one because this team was the first to stand out and if they WERE to be accepted into the NCAA then they have an identity that already makes them unique whilst idiots that support college football would call them ripoffs of say Boston College because they are a red and gold team.

INSTEAD THOUGH THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT THEY ARE..... FROM THE FRENCH CANADIAN SPEAKING QUEBEC!

LAVAL ROUGE ET OR ((RED AND GOLD))
AM-JKLVjSbtKyNLLoVuwp0Qplf2NwcTAXjZZWZad

AM-JKLU_SwhoDcQNZLKVLTvHo1BU-FeG1vQN_HeV

AM-JKLUxEedVfm9RS0Pp9tKFtLLd0jfBG8jJe4dP

The Red and Gold of Canada... a side that's been winning the most U cups since their inception in 1999.... A proud team that represents their colours of Red and Gold.... so into the Home and Road I've kept that proudness with a stripe pattern that works well.... and since they incorporated Black into their scheme, it sets them apart from Boston College although Florida State of my design wouldn't be impressed.

Where would they go? If they were to be integrated I can see ACC or American take them in.... i mean a nice trip to Quebec City is also good.

Well I wasn't sure anyone was convinced... so I am now going for a team that nearly made it into the NCAA, before the days of Alabama being an unlikeable juggernaunt that everyone hates... in Mexico there was a beloved team that was literally this...

In actuality there's like 4 different varients of this team in their top 14 but this is one of the well known teams...

Presenting:

BORREGOS SALVAJES MONTERREY ((MONTERREY WILD RAMS))
AM-JKLUwq825GyXT4CNvtxwSNURHlCjQJlHUgsmQ

AM-JKLUCNAWggNxVc_OP6SgrSDazr8RL0GKoRHqL

The first of the Borrejos Salvajes and there's 4 of them was apart of the breakaway league known as CONADIEP from the established ONEFA league which came back together in 2020... before the pandemic happened which stopped everything.

This version felt to me like classic LA Rams so that's what I did was I treated them like classic LA Rams... no Alts because this team doesn't have an alt although I think they would of gone with a black alt if they did.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA DLC thread ((Borregos Salvajes Monterrey))

I think it's time I go into the upcoming NCAA conference changeathon!

First up... a team that finally broke the North Dakota FCS dominance ((And unfortuately let them reclaim the damn title...)) that joined the WCC and now are going to join the C-USA...

SAM HOUSTON
AM-JKLVtAEE1ry7lcRTjGtHZFVMt4_7eDG_XG6rc

AM-JKLXcqBapM1J6PlhT59Tr7uZUMcuI1HBSP12s

Fun fact Sam Houston winning the FCS title in 2020 finally gave Texas the honor of having teams win EVERY level in College Football... the 4th state to have this honor.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA DLC thread ((SAM HOUSTON COUGARS))

You’ll never get as much interaction with these posts as you’d like until you slow down and put more effort into your designs. Sometimes it seems like you just want to see different colors together and don’t care about the actual design. I actually wouldn’t mind if that was your end goal, but other people don’t seem super intrigued by it. Not that you need to care what other people think, but you sometimes seem frustrated with the lack of interaction on some of your posts. Just my two cents, that is an interesting fun fact!

• Like 1

Its hard to get engaging interaction if I put all the effort into research, development and learning about others have done in concept ideas and receive bare minimum praise.

I hate complaining in these because someone is going to call me out on it as well...

12 hours ago, heavybass said:

Its hard to get engaging interaction if I put all the effort into research, development and learning about others have done in concept ideas and receive bare minimum praise.

I hate complaining in these because someone is going to call me out on it as well...

“All the effort, research and development” is not saying “they felt classic so I’m going to make them look exactly like the Rams”. You get what you put in

• Like 3

Anyway I'm back... I spent a few days doing essentially redesigning Sam Houston because I figured since SH State is now FBS, they'll need something to start with instead of what they got at the moment.

SH STATE UPDATE
AM-JKLWllTgPj_GbI9APSF5UDRhuUyy-tjh1hNoD

AM-JKLUnaWUSNlBxGLyhXk57kztjnBQF3AOJT7DR

AM-JKLUzfFIKkohfeNcun5IIJ2icS0PJF93_TQgV

Sam Houston State goes ahead and embraces the Black aspect and does what Texas refuses to do...

And now a new entry for another new team joining the C-USA in a few years.... and a school that got recently outed as ambitiously obnoxious.

LIBERTY FLAMES

AM-JKLVjnxqplfj32ThSAoJvrv53rdGAW990dtVx

AM-JKLU1MNKJgeMm2QIht-xxeec_1amcf7amVXCf

AM-JKLWFJFMBfMAf99OnoMXqVXtfqnTHUhjnic2v

Boy these guys did not come out of the Sun Belt saga well did they? Exposed for trying to prevent Old Dominion, Southern Miss and Marshall from leaving by financial means aka bribery... the idea here was something they would do whilst still claim to embrace traditional means.... the flames on the sleeves and the flaming numericals light up the new obnoxiousness in a league they financially 'own' so to speak.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA DLC thread ((SH State Update and Liberty Flames))
  • 1 month later...

Time for an updated team I did in the NCAA thread... and because I didn't like the design originally.

Let's redesign!

FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITYAM-JKLXOopAQoTC771lPCcxd4TFyr32kIq1NN9qM

AM-JKLVcuA-qRSOcJA2PFQ1i3Edgq8rGbksxONj6

AM-JKLXRUa__vFMxc0cBi7Sh_LpZ2bCU-CW0YvaR

Behold FIU version 2... where I kept the traditions of the uniform but added a new wide mark for pants and helmet for consistency.... B/B/W is home, B/W/B is road and B/G/B is the alt.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA DLC thread ((Florida Institutute Techonology Version 2))
  • heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA DLC thread ((Florida International University Version 2))