The NHL Refresh Series - EDM, NYI, VGK 4/30

DTConcepts

Hey everybody! Welcome to yet another NHL redesign series here on the boards. This is a series that I've been working on for a while, and I'm happy to finally share it with you guys. Welcome to the...

cHtzOwR.png

This is an idea that I'm sure isn't totally unique, but it's an idea I had a while ago that I decided to run with. In my opinion, every team in the NHL has a solid identity, but every team still has a couple things I think could be improved upon -- hence my inspiration for this series. I'm going to be designing four jerseys for each and every NHL team, each of which centered around building a stronger identity out of the branding already established by each team.

I'll be designing a home and road jersey for every team that will be based off of elements in each team's current -- or past -- identity, as well as an alternate jersey that helps expand that already established brand. The fourth jersey is called the "Wild Card," and that's where I'll be having fun with my designs. Some of the Wild Card jerseys will play off the other three jerseys, while others will be drastic departures from the team's branding. In short, the home, road, and alternate jerseys will be refreshes of each team's identity, while the Wild Card will push that identity into uncharted territory.

Got it? With that being said, let's get on with the show! Here's the first team in the series, the Columbus Blue Jackets:

FgBjcOw.png

The Jackets are, in my opinion, one of the biggest missed opportunities in the NHL, at least in terms of branding. The team has so much Civil War history, so much patriotic iconography, and so much room within their relatively young brand to work with, and yet they have one of the most plain uniform sets in the league. Aside from their cannon alternate, the team really hasn't had anything but mediocre jerseys in their repertoire, and I wanted to change that.

Because the cannon is, in my opinion, the team's best logo, I decided to use that as their new primary mark. I also updated their color scheme to include both their navy blue used in their primary jerseys and the lighter blue used in the cannon alternate in order to give them a more distinct visual identity. A chest stripe felt natural for the team, as it blends both the modern and classical elements within the team's identity. Also, take note of the Captain and Alternate Captain patches -- they're inspired by the Captain and First Lieutenant insignia worn by the Union soldiers that the team is named after.

The alternate was designed as a fauxback, and capitalizes on the use of a cream coloring. After all, shouldn't a team named after faded Civil War uniforms employ that kind of old-school color? The typography employed in Union Army recruitment posters also helped inspire the fonts used used for the diagonal script, the numbers and the NOB.

The Wild Card jersey, believe it or not, is what inspired this series. I initially made it as a concept for a potential CBJ Stadium Series game, but decided that it belonged more in the limelight. I made the CBJ logo that serves as the crest myself, and it's pretty heavily modeled after the Ohio flag -- which is also on the uniform's right arm. The diagonal sash was inspired, again, by the uniforms worn by Union soldiers in the Civil War, and is pretty freaky for a Jackets concept. I think it sets a good precedent for what to expect with the Wild Cards in this series, though, which is why I wanted to post it first.

How do you feel about these new Jackets jerseys? I hope you like 'em as much as I do 🙂

• Like 7

Thank you for the kind words, everyone! I'm gonna be diving right into the meat of this series with the next team, where I'll be touching the untouchable.

The Flyers are a modern classic. Since they reintroduced their original jerseys in 2008, the Flyers' uniforms have been some of the prettiest in the league. It's the uniform they won two Stanley Cups with, it's the uniform the franchise was born wearing, and it's the uniform many fans grew up watching. All of that has combined into one of the most-loved identities in the NHL.

It's also why I was excited to "fix" them.

8hC0j61.png

The home, road, and alternate jerseys are all fixes of jerseys the Flyers have used in their past. The home and road jerseys are a blend of their classic inaugural jerseys and their uniforms from the mid-80s through mid-aughts. Truth be told, the only change is that the striping became a bit busier and the role of black is emphasized in the color scheme, but I do think this is a solid update on an already solid identity.

The alternate jersey, too, is designed as a fauxback. Plenty of people have done throwbacks to the Philadelphia Quakers, which is why I tried to avoid using them as inspiration for the design. Instead, I did a fix of their 2012 Winter Classic jerseys, which were so close to perfect. Not much else to write about there.

The Wild Card for the Flyers is also one of the most fun I've done so far. The "FLYERS" wordmark and the addition of teal is borrowed from a set of unused logos and jerseys from the '90s, which Icethetics unearthed a few years back. I didn't want to directly use either of the unused jersey concepts, due to how gaudy they are, but I did find a lot of inspiration in the way the unused white concept utilized the wordmark. The design of the jersey itself is pretty restrained and similar to the Flyers' usual jerseys, in an attempt to balance out the unusual nature of the wordmark and the odd addition of teal.

And with that, team two of the series is in the books! What do you think of these four sweaters?

• Like 7

• DTConcepts changed the title to The NHL Refresh Series - Philadelphia Flyers 3/20
23 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

1. The home, road, and alternate jerseys are all fixes of jerseys the Flyers have used in their past. Truth be told, the only change is that the striping became a bit busier and the role of black is emphasized in the color scheme.

2. Plenty of people have done throwbacks to the Philadelphia Quakers, which is why I tried to avoid using them as inspiration for the design.

1. I was going to say “great minds think alike”, but my take that I submitted to Icethetics was meant to simplify the look. I guess great mind think completely differently, yet end up in the same place? Either way, I support your home/away options!

2. Put me on blast haha! I appreciate you stepping away from the low hanging fruit to give us something different for the alt.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, logo-maker said:

Nice work overall on the Flyers set. One thing I thought that would add more consistency with the wordmarks on the sleeves of the Wild Card jersey would to use the Flyers '02-'07 alternate logo (maybe use teal for the bevel coloring):

https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/22/full/162.png

Here's a fix for that! It's a minor tweak, but I think you're right in that it sells the 90s aesthetic of the jersey much better.

zJarHbb.png

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Bit disappointed that there isn't a black jersey for the Flyers, think they have usually looked boss in that colour. Having said that, the Alt and the Wild Card are really nice and the use of teal on the wild card is spot on.

Thanks for the kind words! In retrospect, I probably should've made the alternate black, but I was trying to stay true-to-form and keep it as a fix of their Winter Classic jerseys. Just for :censored:s and giggles, I decided to swap the colors around on the jersey, and I think it looks much better in black. Great suggestion!!

IIChRuc.png

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

1. I was going to say “great minds think alike”, but my take that I submitted to Icethetics was meant to simplify the look. I guess great mind think completely differently, yet end up in the same place? Either way, I support your home/away options!

2. Put me on blast haha! I appreciate you stepping away from the low hanging fruit to give us something different for the alt.

Thanks for the kind words, man! I honestly hadn't seen that Flyers concept, and I'm a little shocked that we ended up in similar places despite having different thought processes. Regardless, it's a sick concept! I also promise I wasn't throwing any shade on you for the Quakers idea haha, I just wanted to go a bit farther out there with my designs.

What do you guys think of the tweaks to the alternate and Wild Card jerseys?

• Like 5

• DTConcepts changed the title to The NHL Refresh Series - Flyers Alternate & Wild Card fixes 3/21

On to the next one!

HyTAZgG.png

When the Panthers rebranded a few years ago, they got so close to perfect. They finally had a clean, modern, distinctive identity that didn't utilize excessively detailed logos or unnecessary piping. Even though they got so much right, there were a few points that I thought could make their identity a bit cleaner, more distinctive, and good-looking.

On the home and road jerseys, I added an extra layer of navy piping around the chest and arms, in order to keep the white and gold from bleeding together like they do in real life.  I also added the same blue stroke around the numbers on both jerseys, in order to further unify that three-stripe identity.

I debated making the alternate the Wild Card, due to how outlandish the concept of the X-shaped striping is, but given that it played well into the identity established in the first two jerseys, I decided it belonged in the alternate slot. The jersey is based off of Florida's state flag, which features the State Seal inside of a red diagonal cross. I decided to embrace that red cross on a white background, but meshed two of the Panthers' alternate logos to create a simplified version of the State Seal. As outlandish as the design is, I think it really turned out well here.

The Wild Card is the obligatory Miami Vice design that we've seen so often for the Panthers. The striping is loosely based on the Panthers' inaugural jerseys, and utilizes an unused Panthers logo designed by Ken Loh and chronicled by Icethetics a few years back. The neon-like design of the logo made it a perfect fit for the bright colors I wanted to use, and the ball just kept rolling from there.

All in all, there are just minor changes on the home and road, but stark departures from the Panthers' identity in the alternate and Wild Cards. What do you think?

• Like 3

• DTConcepts changed the title to The NHL Refresh Series - Florida Panthers 3/23

Here's the next team. There's a lot more noticeable changes here compared to the minor tweaks I made for the Panthers.

fPWq1Ef.png

I'll be the first to admit that the new jerseys the Flames are using these days are things of beauty. The team was right to abandon the piping-filled uniforms they'd been using for the past couple decades, and I'm glad they're going in the right direction. However, I'm also not a huge fan of teams using straight up throwbacks as their primary jerseys. I'd much rather see something new, even if it is classically inspired -- which is what I did here.

There's been a lot of debate on the boards about whether or not the Flames should completely remove black from their color scheme. I don't think the team should've completely removed black from its palette, but I don't think it should've been as prominent as it was. In the home and road jerseys, I used black as a tertiary color in order to give some contrast to the rest of the very-bright colors. I also used a logo the team was considering for their 2013 alternate jerseys on the shoulders, to give the jerseys some more flare.

The alternate jersey is a kind of reverse retro, and kind of a tweak of their 90s-era "Pedestal" uniforms. They're the kind of jerseys that you either love or you hate, and I'm personally a big fan. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of doing direct throwbacks, so I decided to remove the namesake pedestal from the design to make the jerseys a bit easier on the eyes. I decided to embrace black on the jerseys, too, since it just seems to match with the crazy, almost NASCAR-like striping patterns and fonts.

The Wild Card is where I pushed the Flames into new territory. I decided to embrace a double-red color scheme, and remove white altogether. The logo is another unused logo concept from the team's 2013 alternate, which I think works really well as a primary crest. I don't have much else to write about here, other than that the striping pattern also mimics the uniforms worn by the Flames in the early 2000s.

• Like 4

• DTConcepts changed the title to The NHL Refresh Series - Calgary Flames 3/27

In honor of tripleposting here in this thread, I'm gonna post three teams today.

LDeHRnu.png

First up is the Sabres. While their return to royal has been nothing short of beautiful, I decided to tweak their uniforms just a tad. The home striping is inspired by their 2018 Winter Classic threads, creating a new retouched look for the Sabres. The road jersey is tweaked just a tad to have the waist and arm striping actually match, something that really bugs me about the Sabres' current set of uniforms. The secondary logo from the 2018 Winter Classic also makes an appearance as the shoulder patch for both jerseys.

The alternate is where I just decided to have fun. I think the Sabres would look really good in yellow, and the alternate is a manifestation of that. The striping is, again, inspired by their Winter Classic jerseys, but the pattern is relegated to the chest of the sweater. Not much else to write about here!

The Wild Card for Buffalo is, admittedly, not as wild as it could be. I knew I wanted to run with the goathead logo for this jersey, but I couldn't figure out how best to go about it. I ended up doing a redesign of their red and black jerseys, emphasizing the role of grey and redoing the striping entirely. It's a fresh look, and it certainly deviates from the blue-and-gold identity, but it isn't as wild as most of the Wild Cards here.

a450twl.png

Tampa is yet another team that has all the right pieces to create a truly perfect identity, but just hasn't. I wish the team would stop playing Leafs dress-up and embrace more of their '90s identity, which is what I did with their jerseys. I used an old alternate logo from their inaugural identity for the jerseys' crest, brightened the shade of blue to make it more electric, and emphasized the roles of black and silver in the color scheme. More than any other jerseys the team has worn, these feel like Tampa to me.

The alternate is inspired by a mixture of ideas. It uses black and grey heavily in the colors in reference to the team's current alternate jerseys, and in an attempt to imitate the clouds of a thunderstorm. The logo is a tweaked version of their current alternate logo, in that I updated the font, removed some of the finer details, and added a drop shadow to the lightning bolt.

If you know me and my history on these boards, you'll know just how much I love ugly '90s hockey jerseys. The Wild Card for Tampa is a cleanup of the team's first-ever alternate jersey, lovingly referred to as the "Storm" jersey. I took out the sublimated raindrops, excessively long shoulder yoke, and unreadable font, and really utilized the lightning striping pattern. If there's any team that has the ability to go all out on a jersey like this, it's the lightning, right?

JSCfUqt.png

Last but not least in today's post is the Winnipeg Jets. The Jet's modern identity isn't bad by any sense, but it's just so boring and indistinct. There's a lot of fun that can be had by a team with such a long history and a fun identity, and I wanted to embrace that. The jerseys take cues from the jerseys worn by the first incarnation of the Jets, with some notable tweaks. The first thing you'll notice is the addition of propellers to the shoulders, which I think is a fun way the team could embrace their aviation identity.

The alternate is a fauxback, plain and simple. No deep meanings, no crazy symbolism, just a red jersey that looks like it's right out of the '70s.

The Wild Card is an embrace of the team's longstanding "Winnipeg White Out" tradition. For playoff home games, the fans will all wear white and wave white playoff towels in order to create a uniquely passionate and intimidating atmosphere in the arena. The Wild Card jersey also has military inspiration, with stenciled numbers and striping inspired by Canadian Air Force insignia.

What do you guys think of these three teams? Any changes or tweaks I should make?

• Like 4

• DTConcepts changed the title to The NHL Refresh Series - BUF, TBL, & WPG 3/29

I usually feel like the era combos for Tampa Bay I've seen on these boards fall a bit flat, especially because most people don't address how the old and new logo sets aren't *quite* compatible... but this comes pretty dang close, and convinces me it's actually possible! I do really like the way you incorporated the drop shadow into the roundel logo; I'd just appreciate one last recoloration step and stroke weight unification step to make the whole logo set consistent.

The home and away and third jerseys are quite elegant, and definitely give the team their own solid identity. My only real suggestions would be making the player name black and the roundel outline white (i.e. invisible) on the white jersey.

Your take on the storm jersey is definitely an improvement but it's still too crazy for my taste. That said ditching the silver outlines (or at least the bottom silver outline) would help, as would replacing yellow with silver. Idk maybe it's not worth fixing it for me : P

I think if you're gonna ditch light blue for the Jets, you shouldn't keep it for the collar pentagon. You could make that silver, I guess.

The propeller feels a bit out of place as-is, but I think you could make it work if you EITHER:

• make it more like the jet in the logo (i.e. silver with navy outlines, with navy shadows taking up half of each blade) as part of a new secondary logo (e.g. with a roundel of text around it)
  • OR incorporate it more directly into the striping... My first thoughts are using it as the stripe on the bottom of the yoke (like the Bruins' white yoke stripe) with the pentagon as the "hub," or using it as a chest stripe.

Buffalo looks solid! I appreciate the consistent striping on the road. I'd just suggest ditching the white outline on the alt logo since nothing else is double outlined like that.

Not a big fan of Calgary using black but your design uses it fairly well. I love that burgundy alternate; just put black instead of burgundy between the red & yellow stripes and it's golden!

I really like your take on the Flyers with teal! I don't normally like wordmarks in the striping but this works well here. Not sure it'd be better, but I'm curious to see a version with either the orange or the black as a stripe rather than extending to the ends of the sleeves. The rest of the set is quite classy; I appreciate the more interesting striping designs you've gone with. Love the one less outline on the P logo on the alt.

Totally the right call to use the unused logo for the Panthers alt. It's the only way to do Vice for them, IMO. I like the pop of yellow, but I'm not sure the sun+trees+stick logo matches the neon aesthetic. I'd maybe go with the recolored state flag without the panther on top.

Good work!

On 3/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, DTConcepts said:

In honor of tripleposting here in this thread, I'm gonna post three teams today.

LDeHRnu.png

First up is the Sabres. While their return to royal has been nothing short of beautiful, I decided to tweak their uniforms just a tad. The home striping is inspired by their 2018 Winter Classic threads, creating a new retouched look for the Sabres. The road jersey is tweaked just a tad to have the waist and arm striping actually match, something that really bugs me about the Sabres' current set of uniforms. The secondary logo from the 2018 Winter Classic also makes an appearance as the shoulder patch for both jerseys.

The alternate is where I just decided to have fun. I think the Sabres would look really good in yellow, and the alternate is a manifestation of that. The striping is, again, inspired by their Winter Classic jerseys, but the pattern is relegated to the chest of the sweater. Not much else to write about here!

The Wild Card for Buffalo is, admittedly, not as wild as it could be. I knew I wanted to run with the goathead logo for this jersey, but I couldn't figure out how best to go about it. I ended up doing a redesign of their red and black jerseys, emphasizing the role of grey and redoing the striping entirely. It's a fresh look, and it certainly deviates from the blue-and-gold identity, but it isn't as wild as most of the Wild Cards here.

a450twl.png

Tampa is yet another team that has all the right pieces to create a truly perfect identity, but just hasn't. I wish the team would stop playing Leafs dress-up and embrace more of their '90s identity, which is what I did with their jerseys. I used an old alternate logo from their inaugural identity for the jerseys' crest, brightened the shade of blue to make it more electric, and emphasized the roles of black and silver in the color scheme. More than any other jerseys the team has worn, these feel like Tampa to me.

The alternate is inspired by a mixture of ideas. It uses black and grey heavily in the colors in reference to the team's current alternate jerseys, and in an attempt to imitate the clouds of a thunderstorm. The logo is a tweaked version of their current alternate logo, in that I updated the font, removed some of the finer details, and added a drop shadow to the lightning bolt.

If you know me and my history on these boards, you'll know just how much I love ugly '90s hockey jerseys. The Wild Card for Tampa is a cleanup of the team's first-ever alternate jersey, lovingly referred to as the "Storm" jersey. I took out the sublimated raindrops, excessively long shoulder yoke, and unreadable font, and really utilized the lightning striping pattern. If there's any team that has the ability to go all out on a jersey like this, it's the lightning, right?

JSCfUqt.png

Last but not least in today's post is the Winnipeg Jets. The Jet's modern identity isn't bad by any sense, but it's just so boring and indistinct. There's a lot of fun that can be had by a team with such a long history and a fun identity, and I wanted to embrace that. The jerseys take cues from the jerseys worn by the first incarnation of the Jets, with some notable tweaks. The first thing you'll notice is the addition of propellers to the shoulders, which I think is a fun way the team could embrace their aviation identity.

The alternate is a fauxback, plain and simple. No deep meanings, no crazy symbolism, just a red jersey that looks like it's right out of the '70s.

The Wild Card is an embrace of the team's longstanding "Winnipeg White Out" tradition. For playoff home games, the fans will all wear white and wave white playoff towels in order to create a uniquely passionate and intimidating atmosphere in the arena. The Wild Card jersey also has military inspiration, with stenciled numbers and striping inspired by Canadian Air Force insignia.

What do you guys think of these three teams? Any changes or tweaks I should make?

I HATE the Tampa Bay Lightning, but these concepts are nice. Swapping in a lighter blue is a great way to go for them. The Winnipeg set is great. Color choices beat out their current colors and the military alt is amazing

ZUH86xc.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • DTConcepts changed the title to The NHL Refresh Series - BOS, COL, MIN 4/20

The Avs alt design would make a great primary, it's that good.

Flyers...granted, it's hard to screw them up, but I love the tweaks you made to the main set.  I'm already plotting to make the alt for myself.  I need it in my life and I'm not even a Flyers fan.

CBJ...the wild card is easily my favorite of the set.  I can't find anything technically wrong with the rest, I'm just not feeling em like I feel that one.

Flames...nice use of the boot.  On the wild card, nice use of maroon, though I wouldn't have used both maroon and black on this one, just maroon.  The contrast is just too weak to do that.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On to the next one three.

w6ckajvu55s81.png

The home and road jerseys are a mix of different looks the team has had in the past. There's obvious inspiration from both their inaugural uniforms and their current uniforms, but the bulk of the design is based on the laurel pattern in the team's logo, and the Sens' 2000-2007 alternate jerseys, which are my personal favorite Sens jerseys of all time.

The alternate doesn't need much explanation. It's a simplified version of the original Senators' "O" jerseys. It also takes cues from the Sens' NHL 100 Classic jerseys, without mirroring them exactly.

For the Wild Card, I was inspired by the team's unused logo and jersey combo from when they were campaigning to bring the team back. I decided to incorporate the green from the logo into the striping of the jersey, and to use a vintage cream color to solidify the throwback vibe.

9s45larlwpu81.png

The striping on the home and road are meant to be a merger of multiple eras of Blues hockey. The base of the striping is inspired by the team's inaugural uniforms, while including the double-blue color scheme of the current jerseys. The yellow numbers from the team's pre-Adidas jerseys also make a return in order to balance out the color scheme.

The alternate jersey was a tough one for design. Personally, I love the Blues' mid-90s jerseys, and wanted to incorporate them into the redesign. That said, I wanted to avoid directly throwing back to the '90s jerseys since the team has already done it, so I decided to make it a sort of Reverse Retro. It incorporates the current color scheme within that same '90s design.

The Blues were one of the easiest Wild Cards to make thus far. I decided to go all-in on the wildness of the jersey, and essentially copied the team's unused '90s alternate to the current Adidas template. It's crazy, it's gaudy, it's ugly, but I love it.

fjmw6x7n0jt81.png

The Caps were a hard team to refresh, mainly because of how much I dislike their current jerseys. I can't help but feel that the arm piping, armpit striping, and awkward waist trim is all a bit uncomfortable, and as a result, I decided to move the Caps into a more classically-styled uniform set.

The main inspiration for the home and road jerseys comes from the D.C. flag, which is far and away one of the most beautiful and recognizable city flags in the world. As a result, I implemented the two red stripes from the flag on the jerseys, as well as incorporating the three star motif on the arms. The star placement on the arms and the red shoulders of the road jersey are also in reference to the Capitals' inaugural jerseys that remained mostly untouched for the better part of 20 years.

The alternate jersey is also inspired by the D.C. flag, but in a bit of a different way. More than anything, I viewed it as a combination of the Caps' current alternate jerseys and the team's 2018 Stadium Series sweaters, which both come so close, yet so far from being truly perfect jerseys.

I had a lot of ideas about where to go with the Caps' Wild Card, but I settled on refreshing the team's "Screagle" jerseys. I thickened the striping, added more black, removed the wordmark on the waist, and changed the font to be a bit more readable on these jerseys, but otherwise kept the 90's vibes alive.

There are the next three teams! Do you guys think I should continue with the write-ups for each team to explain my design choices, or should I just post the jerseys as they are?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• DTConcepts changed the title to The NHL Refresh Series - OTT, STL, WSH 4/25

Three teams, twelve jerseys, hot off the presses!

fanj4wcsi5s81.png

For the Oilers, I took lots of inspiration from the jersey designs they've worn in the past. I like the way you guys have embraced the primarily orange color scheme in recent years, but I don't like the way their current jerseys balance the colors. As a result, I took some inspiration from the team's original WHA uniforms, and tried to make the home and road jerseys more orange+blue than orange+white. The road jersey in particular is pretty heavily inspired by the Oilers' Reverse Retro sweaters, which were easily some of the cleanest in the league.

The alternate is where I began pushing the boundaries of the team's identity. I was inspired by the team's first alternate jersey from the early 2000s, utilizing an alternate logo from that era as the jersey's crest. Grey takes a role in the striping as well, but rather than going with a solely navy/grey sweater, I decided to throw in a darkened orange to round out the color scheme. The striping is simple but clean, to keep things from being too complex and "out there."

Initially, for the Oilers Wild Card, I played around with the idea of having a giant oil drop on the chest, similar to the Avs' 2020 Stadium Series jerseys, before deciding that it was too gaudy and experimental. Instead, I tossed a collegiate-style wordmark on the chest, wrapped it in a rounded stripe, and attached the oil drop on that stripe in order to evoke the design of the team's logo. The arm striping stays curved as well, and encircles the numbers just as the chest stripe encircles the city name.

mczmv4oc5dq81.png

On to the league's other orange-and-blue team!  Even though they were much more boring than they could've been, the Isles' Reverse Retros from last year made me realize just how good the team looks in navy. As a result, I embraced navy in the home and road jerseys, and used the lighthouse logo as the shoulder patch. I also tried putting more orange into the jerseys in order to make the colors pop just a bit more.

The alternate jersey is an mishmash of eras the team has had. As much as I love our current alternates, I really wish the team had an orange jersey that didn't look as awful as the Pumpkin jerseys from the early 2000s. Resultingly, I tried to make a fauxback using a combination of old Islanders looks. The logo is the slightly tweaked one we used in the '70s and '80s, and teal is reintroduced into the color scheme. Not much else to write about here!

The Isles' Wild Card is another fauxback, but going a bit farther back than the alternate jersey. The Wild Card embraces the Long Island identity, featuring the island's silhouette on the jersey front-and-center. I initially designed the jersey to be a Winter Classic concept, as you can tell from the vintage-white base and classical striping, but I thought it worked pretty damn good as a concept here.

epf0xvz3upu81.png

The Knights' jerseys are *almost* perfect as they are, so it was a bit of a challenge to find something to tweak about their jerseys. That said, the series would be pretty boring if I left half the league the same, so I made some minor tweaks to the home and road jerseys. I incorporated the 'V' from the logo into the striping pattern, added a touch of white to the color scheme, and matched the waist striping to the arms. Other than that, not much else changed!

The alternate was designed to mostly be an inverse of the team's current alternate jersey. While the current alternate took the Vegas neon inspiration and went all-out, I tried to stay restrained with the neon-lights theme. White is removed from the color scheme altogether, and the black background provides a sharp contrast for the neon-y color scheme.

While the first three jerseys are meant to be slight refreshes of each team's identity, the Wild Card is where I'm trying to move in a new direction. The Vegas Wild Card is mainly inspired by the Las Vegas Gamblers, who were the city's first professional hockey team. I took a little bit of liberty with the colors and striping, obviously, but the logo and classical style of the jersey remains inspired by the Gamblers.

There's the next three teams! Any thoughts on these?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1