Tampa Bay Buccaneers New Primary Logo [8/? Finished]

DCarp1231

22 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Option B is sort of awkward-looking. The “B” is too blocky to fit in the circle, it looks like something on Cartoon Network. Option A is the way to go.

Yeah, the more I looked at the “GB” it reminded me of the Warner Bros logo.

Now, I’m placing Option A against a new Option B-

FPDY_ZnXEAQb0XY?format=jpg&name=large

For the new B, I wanted to retain the new “G” and mimic the collar striping on the current uniforms

On 3/24/2022 at 1:58 PM, DCarp1231 said:

The problem with that is, the “T” looks more like an “I”

Two more tries at the logo-

FOpKW-gXMAAHsW7?format=jpg&name=medium

I do think that, of the H+T monograms you've done here, this particular one is the nicest.

That said, I do like the rocket + exhaust idea you've got going on, especially with the longer proportions, so something in between the dimensions of your first attempt and how you end up.  The latest, larger spacing between the two stems of the H and the stem of the T is good though.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:25 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Plus, a new direction. Trying out an attempt at an abstract space shuttle look. Should I thin out the spacing between the H? Not sure what to do with the T either.

FOp0HgYWUAM74Wk?format=jpg&name=medium

I think it would help to have the H be white and the T be red, so that the flame gradient feels less disconnected from the rest of the T. I'm on board with space / Astros tequila sunrise synergy; all the Houston teams should do it IMO :D

That wordmark font is a good choice too.

TBH I think the combo of the perfect circle and super geometric "G" is a bit too simple to work (it also feels a bit Google-y lol)... But I think shifting the bar of the G upward and/or shrinking everything proportionally while keeping the G's strokes the same weight would probably help it feel better. 

Undecided on what outline striping pattern is better, but I think option B's stripes are far too thin.

18 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Yeah, the more I looked at the “GB” it reminded me of the Warner Bros logo.

Now, I’m placing Option A against a new Option B-

FPDY_ZnXEAQb0XY?format=jpg&name=large

For the new B, I wanted to retain the new “G” and mimic the collar striping on the current uniforms

You seem to be doing change for the sake of change. Pass.

Neither of these are better than the existing logo. You're changing a logo in the shape of a football into one in the shape of a baseball or basketball. Why does anyone think that works?

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

It's where I sit.

8 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You seem to be doing change for the sake of change.

Yes, exactly. As I said on the first page, personally I’ve never been a fan of the Packers identity. Logo and all.

I’d rather Green Bay have a roundel logo. That’s all there is to it.

• Dislike 1

I like where you've landed with the Texans. It helps connect it with Houston in a better way I feel than the bull logo does.

As someone who does like the Packers logo, I think adding the dark blue could work and connect different eras of the team's history. If the goal is to get the team into a roundel style logo, I think maybe taking inspiration from the viewpoint looking at the end of a football instead of the current logo's side profile view could be a way to make it work a bit better. Putting notions of tradition aside, the things I noticed for these round G logos are that there is a pretty good amount of negative space inside of the G right now, and the G itself is looking a little plain and generic. Shaping the G in someway to hint at the end of a football may help to give the G some character like the H/T in your Texans logo have and fill the space a bit better.

• Like 4

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

7 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Option A keeps the similarity stripe-wise to the current logo. I think if you add blue, make the logo more circlular and change the stripes on it, that’s one too many changes.

4 hours ago, Wildcomet said:

I like where you've landed with the Texans. It helps connect it with Houston in a better way I feel than the bull logo does.

As someone who does like the Packers logo, I think adding the dark blue could work and connect different eras of the team's history. If the goal is to get the team into a roundel style logo, I think maybe taking inspiration from the viewpoint looking at the end of a football instead of the current logo's side profile view could be a way to make it work a bit better. Putting notions of tradition aside, the things I noticed for these round G logos are that there is a pretty good amount of negative space inside of the G right now, and the G itself is looking a little plain and generic. Shaping the G in someway to hint at the end of a football may help to give the G some character like the H/T in your Texans logo have and fill the space a bit better.

Thanks for the input!

Here’s 3 more options to go along with the original (A)

FPI9EZ3XoAQJyAL?format=jpg&name=large
FPI9EaeX0AM2Frp?format=jpg&name=large

B- Middle ground between the roundel and current logo shape

C- Attempt at mimicking the seams of a football as seen from a frontal view, as well as slightly rotating the “G”

D- The same as a previous option, but the striping is thicker

C&C appreciated as always!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Thanks for the input!

Here’s 3 more options to go along with the original (A)

FPI9EZ3XoAQJyAL?format=jpg&name=large
FPI9EaeX0AM2Frp?format=jpg&name=large

B- Middle ground between the roundel and current logo shape

C- Attempt at mimicking the seams of a football as seen from a frontal view, as well as slightly rotating the “G”

D- The same as a previous option, but the striping is thicker

I think B is the best option here.  You'd have to adjust the curvature of C for it to look like a football. 

• Like 1

Of these four D would be my preferred choice. The blue and green don't work great when contacting each other in my opinion so I think generally having a yellow or white in between them works better. The thicker striping helps and I like there being a gap between the outer rings and the G. In all the others the G is right up against the edge of the circle.

With B, I would consider adding a gap between the G and the blue ring, and making the part of the G that goes in go a little further in.

My main critique on C (I appreciate you trying it) is that the G is at a different angle than your seams indicate the rest of the logo would be, so the implied perspective is a bit jarring. I think if you either kept the G level like the seams are, or adjusted the seams and the perspective to align with the angled G (this may take more effort though), it would work better.

• Like 2

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

On 3/31/2022 at 9:44 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I think B is the best option here.  You'd have to adjust the curvature of C for it to look like a football. 

On 3/31/2022 at 11:16 AM, Wildcomet said:

Of these four D would be my preferred choice. The blue and green don't work great when contacting each other in my opinion so I think generally having a yellow or white in between them works better. The thicker striping helps and I like there being a gap between the outer rings and the G. In all the others the G is right up against the edge of the circle.

With B, I would consider adding a gap between the G and the blue ring, and making the part of the G that goes in go a little further in.

My main critique on C (I appreciate you trying it) is that the G is at a different angle than your seams indicate the rest of the logo would be, so the implied perspective is a bit jarring. I think if you either kept the G level like the seams are, or adjusted the seams and the perspective to align with the angled G (this may take more effort though), it would work better.

Thank you as always for the feedback!

I’ve decided to roll with Option B with the slight adjustment of adding space between the blue and G. While it’s not the approach I was going for initially, it’s likely the best to not stray too far from the original and current logo. I also updated the wordmark. Scrapping the horrendous stencil font.

FPSxxuSXIAsfizu?format=jpg&name=large

Onto the next team-

Again, one of those franchises that I’ve always felt needed a little update as I’ve never really been a fan of the identity.

Pittsburgh Steelers

First and foremost, I understand the significance of the current logo. As that may be, I still don’t like it. The team needs something new while remaining classic. The two constants throughout these options are replacing the “Steelers” with a “P” as well as removing the stars in favor of stripes. “Steel Sunrise” I’ll call it.

Option A- Retains the roundel, placing the “P” up at the top with the Steel Sunrise. Circle is white.

FPSx9wlXIAYucQE?format=jpg&name=medium

Options B1 & B2- Effectively the same, with B2 sporting a bolder “P”. Again, Steel Sunrise at the bottom, all enclosed in a Keystone shape.

FPSx9wiXIAUHDlg?format=jpg&name=900x900
FPSx9wjWYAEX69V?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

• DCarp1231 changed the title to Pittsburgh Steelers New Primary Logo [HOU/GB Finished]

You could use the top option as a secondary to the circle in the first post. Not a fan of the last two. I see what you were trying to go for, but that effect doesn’t really work out in practice.

11 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

I like the first one in an alternate 70s universe 

10 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

You could use the top option as a secondary to the circle in the first post. Not a fan of the last two. I see what you were trying to go for, but that effect doesn’t really work out in practice.

Thank you for the feedback!

Here’s the Primary, Secondary, and Wordmark for the Steelers-

Primary- Slightly bolder “P” is the only change

Secondary- More evenly spaced steel sunrise

Wordmark- Mimics the secondary

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

FPYnJFyXEAcxGwQ?format=jpg&name=medium

This entire set developed into a very retro-70s identity for the Steelers. Which, works well in my opinion as I wanted Pittsburgh to take on a new identity that still felt classic. Overall, I’m pretty happy with the outcome!

• Like 4

On 4/3/2022 at 11:25 PM, Wildcomet said:

I think you ended up in a good spot for your Pittsburg redo. I'll admit the 70's style isn't my personal favorite in general and you've definitely hit that, but this is well executed and fits the franchise well.

Thank you!

Onto the next team-

This time I went way out west… into the NFC West!

San Francisco 49ers

FPn5xXMWQAIOq1V?format=jpg&name=large
FPn5xXHXwAYNWrd?format=jpg&name=large

Gone is black with a heavier emphasis on the main colors of red and gold.

I prefer the top option, but wanted to see how people felt about the bottom option as it mimics the correct 49ers jersey striping

• Like 3

• DCarp1231 changed the title to San Francisco 49ers New Primary Logo [HOU/GB/PIT Finished]

From a consistency standpoint, that second one is right in line with their current striping, but I do prefer the top option. I love the incorporation of the silver and I think that font is spot on. Would be interesting to see overall what a set would look like with a red, gold and silver scheme for the Niners. As always - great work here. 

• Like 1