Group A -Netherlands, Senegal

Group B - England, USA

Group C -Argentina, Poland

Group D - France, Peru

Group E - Spain, Germany

Group F - Belgium, Canada

Group G - Brazil, Cameroon

Group H - Portugal, Uruguay

Group B -  If the United  States ties or beats England in the second game I think they'll win the group. That's a pretty big ask though. 

Group  D - I'd pick Demark over the playoff winners, even if it's Peru. 

Group F - I think Canada vs Croatia will decide second place, but I think it's the Croats that go through instead.

Group H - I don't think Uruguay will make it out. I'd pick Ghana over them.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

27 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Looking at Canada's draw, that's almost the best they could have hoped for.  If Scotland survives that playoff I don't worry about them as much as I do the other two options.  Mexico has to survive Poland and Argentina, but I think if they play their A+ game, they can beat Poland. I don't think they'll beat Argentina even with their A++ game. Ochoa would have to copy Tim Howard's game vs Belgium in 2014.  

Other than hoping they would be in Group A, this is not the worst case scenario. Who knows what state Belgium and Croatia are going to be at. It beats being in group E.

I saw, I came, I left.

2 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

Other than hoping they would be in Group A, this is not the worst case scenario. Who knows what state Belgium and Croatia are going to be at. It beats being in group E.

Yup, that's why I said it's almost the best. Croatia is a team that plays to the level of their opponents most of the time. That can help Canada out immensely if that's what happens here. I also wonder if teams that have a bunch of players that play over the summer will be in better shape than those teams playing the traditional European calendar.  With the EPL/UEFA clubs, I think they'll be through maybe 8 -10 weeks  of the season, and the group stages of Champions League would likely be condensed to the front of the calendar as well. So between 8-18 games for players from those leagues as opposed to MLS which will close their season a few weeks ahead of the tournament, they may not be as ready as the teams with players in North America.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

England

Iran

USA

Ukraine/Scotland v Wales

Could be worse -- could be Mexico. Group A (Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands) would have been nice. If the USA makes the knockout round, they'll certainly have earned it.

I hope Ukraine or Scotland wins the playoff (prefer Scotland). Wales has a ton of quality. If Wales advances, the US’s group will be rather unfair IMO. All four would be ranked as one of the 21 teams in the world.

Wales and Iran would have both been Pot 3 teams, same with Ukraine, had they concluded their playoff before the draw. But oh well. 

Having said that, this is a good group for the US, or at least it’s a group we should advance from. Even if Wales or Ukraine advance to the World Cup, the US is better than both of those teams. If we can manage a result against England, we should advance no matter what. I’m confident the US will beat Iran and then just need a result against England or the UEFA playoff winner. 

It could have been a lot worse. I’m rather relieved. 

Canada also got probably the best group they could have hoped for. They knew going in they were going to have to face at least two of the world’s best teams, Belgium and Croatia are beatable, or at least Canada could get a result against one of them. They should be able to beat Morocco as well. 

Should be a good World Cup!

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I hope Ukraine or Scotland wins the playoff (prefer Scotland). Wales has a ton of quality. If Wales advances, the US’s group will be rather unfair IMO. All four would be ranked as one of the 21 teams in the world.

Wales and Iran would have both been Pot 3 teams, same with Ukraine, had they concluded their playoff before the draw. But oh well. 

Having said that, this is a good group for the US, or at least it’s a group we should advance from. Even if Wales or Ukraine advance to the World Cup, the US is better than both of those teams. If we can manage a result against England, we should advance no matter what. I’m confident the US will beat Iran and then just need a result against England or the UEFA playoff winner. 

It could have been a lot worse. I’m rather relieved. 

Canada also got probably the best group they could have hoped for. They knew going in they were going to have to face at least two of the world’s best teams, Belgium and Croatia are beatable, or at least Canada could get a result against one of them. They should be able to beat Morocco as well. 

Should be a good World Cup!

If that's the case, then we're officially in the Group of Death regardless of what the pundits say. I sense that most people believe the USMNT will beat Iran and Wales/Scotland/Ukraine in Group Play, but none of those national teams are automatic victories. I recall that the media hyped up a win against Iran back in the 1998 World Cup, and unfortunately, that didn't go exactly as planned.

25 minutes ago, BrySmalls said:

If that's the case, then we're officially in the Group of Death regardless of what the pundits say. I sense that most people believe the USMNT will beat Iran and Wales/Scotland/Ukraine in Group Play, but none of those national teams are automatic victories. I recall that the media hyped up a win against Iran back in the 1998 World Cup, and unfortunately, that didn't go exactly as planned.

The Group of Death is clearly Mexico, Argentina, and Poland, isn't it? Saudi Arabia clearly doesn't have a chance, and I can't see Mexico having one either.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Group of Death is clearly Mexico, Argentina, and Poland, isn't it? Saudi Arabia clearly doesn't have a chance, and I can't see Mexico having one either.

With this new scheme of seeding groups, it’s hard to have a true Group of Death the way we used to, but I felt the same about that one. Maybe the Spain/Germany group too, if Japan plays their best and Costa Rica manages to stay hot.

meanwhile the cupcake group is what Qatar drew lol. Shocker!

Nearly every possible game in Group B is politically and/or historically fraught which is fun. Do we want the UK battle at the World Cup or do we want to see who awkwardly wants to be the :censored:s who knock out the war victims? I’m kinda rooting for Wales honestly, they haven’t made a World Cup anywhere close to my lifetime and it’d be fitting for Bale to get a chance.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

27 minutes ago, Digby said:

With this new scheme of seeding groups, it’s hard to have a true Group of Death the way we used to, but I felt the same about that one. Maybe the Spain/Germany group too, if Japan plays their best and Costa Rica manages to stay hot.

It had just occurred to me that had Italy qualified and was put in this group instead of Spain, it would been quite the World War II reunion. 

I saw, I came, I left.

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Don’t really think there is a group of death this year. The closest would be Canada’s group or Brazil’s, but even then Morocco and Cameroon brings the quality of both groups down. 

I wouldn’t count out México. Even in their current state, with a team that isn’t what it once was, they’re clearly the 2nd best team in that group. Poland is highly dependent on Lewandowski and doesn’t have a lot of quality elsewhere.

The Saudi’s are a well coached team, and play really well together. They topped their group with their one loss coming to Japan on the road. They probably finish last in the group, but they’ll be a tough out. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

7 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

It’s been confirmed that every US group stage game will be at 2pm EST. Super happy about that. I was dreading the possibility of having 2am and 5am start times for some games. 

10 AM soccer! Nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is it really a Group of Death if you don't give Saudi Arabia and Mexico a chance?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61301238

Russia getting their sanctions increased:

Russia women out of Euro 2022, Portugal is in. Russia had beaten them in the playoffs.

No club teams in UEFA competitions for 2022-2023

Russia's bids for Euros 2028 and 2032 have been thrown out

Not allowed to compete in Nations League, automatically placed last in their current group and dropped to League C. They are currently in League B.

Banned from all youth tournaments, futsal and beach soccer tournaments through 2023 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61653086

Hungary is officially playing a game vs England behind closed doors . . . that will have 30,000 fans due to a UEFA loophole. Jumping cues, bad. Racial harassing English players . . . not so bad? FFS!!!!!

"Hungary have been ordered to play games without crowds after racist behaviour by their fans.

But their football association is using a Uefa regulation that allows children to attend, accompanied by an adult.

And the Hungarian FA has had 30,000 children register for Saturday's game.

In June 2021 Uefa ordered Hungary to play three games without fans, with the final match being suspended, and fined them £85,000 as a result of discriminatory behaviour by their supporters during Euro 2020".

How Old Are You? Am 12 More Like 1200 Here'e My Birth Certificate Seems  Legit Funny Movie Scenes on Twitter I Am 12 #Benchwarmers Httptco | Funny  Meme on ME.ME

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

That's so... Hungary.

Honestly, I had nothing.

England will be copying them for their one game behind closed doors. But it's not at Wembley so they won't have as many "kids". 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61716504

Jamaica team threatened to sit out because their federation didn't plan for their return from Suriname this week. The team actually arrived back to Jamaica after their opponents because the federation hadn't arranged return travel after the match. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...