2022 International Soccer

MJWalker45

23 minutes ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

Tuchel should be an immediate upgrade, as Frank really isn't a big team coach yet and Chelski isn't the club to learn on the go.  Of course, Tuchel is also volatile and I'm gonna assume that they are gonna be looking for a new manager 2 years from now when he inevitably burns bridges with management.  Then again, that's pretty much par for the club.

It was a mistake to hire Lamps with one year experience at a little club in the first place, but hopefully he gained some good experience from this to find success elsewhere.  He still can be a good coach, he just needs an environment that affords more patience for his growth to happen.

Lamps routinely cut his own nose by how he set his teams up. I think if the manager that Abramovic wanted was available when he hired Lampard, Lampard would be at Derby instead of Wayne Rooney.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

As much as I can appreciate the excitement it caused...

I hate the UEFA version of the away goals rule where it's checked again after extra time.

Why haven't they changed that? Doesn't CONCACAF and CONMEBOL turn off away goals in overtime?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56459754

The EPL Women's Super League just got a new deal that will put games on BBC One and BBC Two. It also puts more money in WSL team's coffers as well. This may be their shot at raiding more NWSL rosters as they try to get back on top in Europe. I'd love to see ESPN or Fox come up with a similar deal for NWSL. I'd also like Manchester United to keep Tobin Heath and Cristen Press because they've lifted that team up to third in the league. 

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/2021/03/22/columbus-crew-3-600-fans-allowed-concacaf-champions-league-match/4797163001/

The Crew will welcome 3,600 fans for their Concacaf Champions League game vs Real Esteli FC.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

If you want to considered a European superpower.... you get rid of Jose ... 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur/story/4341303/jose-mourinho-sacked-as-tottenham-manager

And they're reportedly after Naggelsman at Leipzig, or Brendan Rodgers at Leicester City. I would have figured they'd wait until summer, but they're already in the doghouse may as well start cutting losses. For some reason people are hoping he told the board he didn't like the Super League instead of admitting he's a bad fit for the players that Tottenham have. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2021-concacaf-gold-cup-host-cities-and-stadiums-announced

Concacaf Gold Cup cities for the entire tournament have been revealed. It's very Texas heavy this year, I wonder why?

I guess to minimize travel.

That said, I'm pissed no Seattle. Maybe I'll try and get tickets to the final in Vegas.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Pulisic just scored against Real Madrid in the semifinals. Should have had an assist earlier had Werner not botched it. Absolutely incredible.

The dude is a great player and borderline world class (he will be once he manages to stay healthy). However, for some reason in big games throughout his career he steps it up a few levels and plays not only like the world-class player we all know he is, but he’s usually the best player on the pitch too. He does this consistently. The USMNT has never had a player like that. Ever.

Donovan and Dempsey were the previous best USMNT players (excluding keepers) in terms of performing on the big stage in the biggest moments. 

But Pulisic routinely makes fools of other world-class players when he’s on form. 

• Like 3

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Hopefully he doesn't get the Brad Bobley treatment that the English gave Bob Bradley, just because he dared to say soccer instead of football. He's been within the Red Bull organization for years now, so the worst that should happen is that people hate him for working under the umbrella of an overpriced energy drink company. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

The Premier League should award Liverpool the 3 points and a 3-0 scoreline. There was no excuse for this. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56960091

The FA won't though, only because there's the extremely slim chance that Manchester City could lose every game remaining and United could win every game. Likely? Nope. They don't want City to win that way, they'd rather United lose on the field. Watching the Twitter feeds for some of these fan groups, I understand they don't like the Glazer family and never will, but standing up for the people that trashed their team's stadium and injured police and other fans just smacks of hubris. They actually threw flares at the Sky Sports crew's broadcasting booth. They're also asking for the 50+1 standard to be emplaced in English football. Good luck with that! That'll be less likely than promotion/relegation in MLS next season. These so called fans also just made Manchester United's schedule more difficult because they have to find a date that will work for United and Liverpool, because United is still in the Europa League and most likely will be in the final, unless they manage to throw away a four goal lead on Thursday.  

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

32 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The FA won't though, only because there's the extremely slim chance that Manchester City could lose every game remaining and United could win every game. Likely? Nope. They don't want City to win that way, they'd rather United lose on the field. Watching the Twitter feeds for some of these fan groups, I understand they don't like the Glazer family and never will, but standing up for the people that trashed their team's stadium and injured police and other fans just smacks of hubris. They actually threw flares at the Sky Sports crew's broadcasting booth. They're also asking for the 50+1 standard to be emplaced in English football. Good luck with that! That'll be less likely than promotion/relegation in MLS next season. These so called fans also just made Manchester United's schedule more difficult because they have to find a date that will work for United and Liverpool, because United is still in the Europa League and most likely will be in the final, unless they manage to throw away a four goal lead on Thursday.  

Might as well just hand over the title to City anyways. (I say that as a United "fan". A lukewarm fan mind you, but they are the Premier League team I support)

Arsenal fans want Kroenke out, but they did not invade the pitch, park outside the team hotel and threaten media at the ground.  

If these fans were so outraged over the Glazers NOW, they should have just followed the other disgruntled supporters years ago to FC United of Manchester. Or maybe they go become Salford supporters. 

The 50+1 sounds enticing, but I hope these "supporters" can stomach the losses that come with trying to keep up with the City, or  Real Madrid or Barcelona. We are talking about the way Bundesliga clubs are run. So yeah, good luck with that

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.