2022-23 International Club Soccer Kits

officeglenn

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Spurs are going to run into this away to Brighton too, won't they? Their classic white plus two different blue shirts that are different design but not-so-much in hue.

I think they’ll be okay to wear their away kit since it has the black raglan sleeves and shorts, plus the neon socks. The purple/blue base color is still somewhat close to Brighton’s blue, but I think the overall light/dark contrast between these two kits will be acceptable:

spacer.png
spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Mistake on the mothership article on the shirts for Ligue 1 -

Lille OSC’s home kit for 2022-23 is a modernized version of what the club wore in 2011-12, when they won both the Ligue 1 title and the Coupe de France.

LOSC didn't win anything that season, Montpellier shocked French football by winning their first title and Lyon won the Coupe de France. It was the previous season that Les Dogues did the double wearing a very different shirt to their 2011-12 shirt (though they did wear the 2011-2012 kit when they lifted the League Trophy)

lille-champion-2011.jpg?fit=320%252C244%

2010-11 home

36e074a26a1dd505c1fc23c2cfe2afeb.jpg&f=1

2011-12 home (pictured here lifting 2010-11 League Title)

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Mistake on the mothership article on the shirts for Ligue 1 -

LOSC didn't win anything that season, Montpellier shocked French football by winning their first title and Lyon won the Coupe de France. It was the previous season that Les Dogues did the double wearing a very different shirt to their 2011-12 shirt (though they did wear the 2011-2012 kit when they lifted the League Trophy)

lille-champion-2011.jpg?fit=320%252C244%

2010-11 home

36e074a26a1dd505c1fc23c2cfe2afeb.jpg&f=1

2011-12 home (pictured here lifting 2010-11 League Title)

I don't know what to tell you -- that bit of information about the kit came straight from the club's announcement.

Pour 2022-2023, le LOSC change de peau avec un design inspiré du maillot 2011-2012, modernisé et conçu sur mesure par les équipes de New Balance.

• Like 2

New kits for Beitar Jerusalem, a huge delay because they were past the deadline to get their finances settled or get bounced two leagues down but finally got sold and are staying put.

Yellow home, probably black clash and white third (that's how it usually is, but no labels). No sponsor yet because the new management hasn't signed anyone yet, but it'll probably be ugly (also, at least in Israel, you have to pay extra to get the sponsor logo on a replica, so all of mine are clean. Just here?).

12 minutes ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

New kits for Beitar Jerusalem, a huge delay because they were past the deadline to get their finances settled or get bounced two leagues down but finally got sold and are staying put.

Yellow home, probably black clash and white third (that's how it usually is, but no labels). No sponsor yet because the new management hasn't signed anyone yet, but it'll probably be ugly (also, at least in Israel, you have to pay extra to get the sponsor logo on a replica, so all of mine are clean. Just here?).

In the UK if you want a clean kit, you have to be a child or small enough to fit a kids shirt. But only if it's alcohol or gambling ads. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason Everton are wearing their alternate kit, pink and dark grey, vs Leeds in all white. They could have just worn their regular home kit. 

Leeds United v Everton FC - Premier League

Unfortunately the brightness on the TV at work is jacked up so if it weren't for the shorts I could get confused as to who is who. 

• Huh? 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

47 minutes ago, Digby said:

Looks like Arsenal are wearing the grey goalkeeper kit socks for their outfield players with the black away today? I guess it sorta matches the stripes on the shirt, almost?

Yeah, actually doesn’t look too bad. Certainly better than white teamwear socks or a different color altogether. Kind of surprised they don’t have dedicated clash socks for the kit, but not mad about this:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, actually doesn’t look too bad. Certainly better than white teamwear socks or a different color altogether. Kind of surprised they don’t have dedicated clash socks for the kit, but not mad about this:

spacer.png

I would have thought white socks would have been considered, but United is probably the only team they'd have to wear a different set of socks against. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

29 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would have thought white socks would have been considered, but United is probably the only team they'd have to wear a different set of socks against. 

Think they’ll probably have to do the same at Brenford (might even need clash shorts for that one). Could easily see them having issues in cup matches, too. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Bayern Wiesn kit (aka Oktoberfest).

A few things of note: this is the first kit to feature the new Deutsche Telekom logo. The previous logo has more dash marks on the right side of the "-T---." They'd used the new logo on training kits, but all of the match kits use the old logo since they were produced before the company updated its branding. Also, this is basically a redux of last year's dark green Wiesn kit. Exact same design, except this year they included the same vertical textured chest stripe from this year's away kit. Last year they paired the dark green shirt with the black shorts from that year's black kit. 2022 includes matching shorts. Even the socks are the same as last year, except in dark red.

spacer.png

spacer.png

For reference, here is last year's design:

spacer.png

I expect this to be a very popular design. Despite Bayern typically wearing bright red, very dark red is also a historically traditional color for the club. It's seen in many of its earlier kits and notably from this fan favorite from 15-16 years ago:

spacer.png

More recently, it was used in the 120th anniversary kit in early 2020:

spacer.png

This year's Wiesn kit could have been a bit better (as seen by some of the beauties above), but it's still nice enough with classic colors.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 10:22 PM, aawagner011 said:

Bayern Wiesn kit (aka Oktoberfest).

A few things of note: this is the first kit to feature the new Deutsche Telekom logo. The previous logo has more dash marks on the right side of the "-T---." They'd used the new logo on training kits, but all of the match kits use the old logo since they were produced before the company updated its branding. Also, this is basically a redux of last year's dark green Wiesn kit. Exact same design, except this year they included the same vertical textured chest stripe from this year's away kit. Last year they paired the dark green shirt with the black shorts from that year's black kit. 2022 includes matching shorts. Even the socks are the same as last year, except in dark red.

spacer.png

spacer.png

For reference, here is last year's design:

spacer.png

I expect this to be a very popular design. Despite Bayern typically wearing bright red, very dark red is also a historically traditional color for the club. It's seen in many of its earlier kits and notably from this fan favorite from 15-16 years ago:

spacer.png

More recently, it was used in the 120th anniversary kit in early 2020:

spacer.png

This year's Wiesn kit could have been a bit better (as seen by some of the beauties above), but it's still nice enough with classic colors.

On field debut is happening now against Leverkusen.

Another special edition kit for Bayern releasing some time later this month.

The pattern and colors are taken from the 1972 Olympics for which the stadium was named. It looks like the inspiration is mostly just from the Olympics and doesn’t seem to pull much from the unique architecture of the building (which was inspired by the Alps).

spacer.png

Bayern played at the Olympiastadion from the early 1970s until 2005 when the Allianz Arena opened.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I tend to prefer the color scheme of the light blue and white (like the Bavarian flag) but I don’t think you’ll see that combination for a long time as many fans only associate it with rival 1860 Munich. 1860 has been irrelevant for at least 15 years but the fans still hate them and it’s a rivalry when the two teams play in the lower divisions (with Bayern’s second team).

• Like 2