2022-23 International Club Soccer Kits

officeglenn

20 hours ago, reds90 said:

Cazoo must be sponsoring half of Europe 

It maybe my narrow view for soccer, but it does make me wonder how much some of the companies make to sponsor *this* many teams across several countries. Like how much are the deal worth per year in accordance to the revenue that Cazoo makes? I would assume it is a low cost deal (3 yrs/$4 million) or something like that because of the sheer volume that have the sponsor power to do so.

20 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

It maybe my narrow view for soccer, but it does make me wonder how much some of the companies make to sponsor *this* many teams across several countries. Like how much are the deal worth per year in accordance to the revenue that Cazoo makes? I would assume it is a low cost deal (3 yrs/$4 million) or something like that because of the sheer volume that have the sponsor power to do so.

It's pretty low when the teams aren't in the top leagues, but I think the front of the Manchester United jersey sells for $12 million a year but teams like Everton could be between $3-$8 million per year. Manchester City and Chelsea are boht north of $15 million a year. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Bayer Leverkusen home:

bayer-leverkusen-home.jpg

Girona FC home, away and third:

girona-home-away-3rd-750x609.jpg

Real Valladolid home:

real-valladolid-home-1.jpg

And AFC Bournemouth cranking up the volume on their usual red and black vertical stripes:

bournemouth-home-1.jpg

Plus a story I wrote for the mothership on Premier League clubs holding a vote on voluntarily banning betting firms from buying front-of-shirt advertising space. Doing so may keep such a ban from being written into law by the UK government, and also preserve pitchside ad revenue and kit sponsorship deals for lower leagues.

Edited by officeglenn

Bayern away kit has been unveiled. There’s a sublimated pattern down the middle but I can’t tell what it is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This kit appears to be the spiritual successor to last year’s away kit. For reference:

spacer.png

Last year’s and this year’s both use gold detailing and include the Münchner Kindl on the socks and the upper back. Munich’s city colors are black and yellow (while the state of Bavaria is blue and white) so this is a natural fit.

On 7/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, aawagner011 said:

Bayern away kit has been unveiled. There’s a sublimated pattern down the middle but I can’t tell what it is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This kit appears to be the spiritual successor to last year’s away kit. For reference:

spacer.png

Last year’s and this year’s both use gold detailing and include the Münchner Kindl on the socks and the upper back. Munich’s city colors are black and yellow (while the state of Bavaria is blue and white) so this is a natural fit.

real munchen???

Manchester United home:

man-utd-home-2-1.jpg

Aston Villa home:

aston-villa-home.jpg

Wolverhampton away:

wolves-away-5-1.jpg

Union Berlin home:

union-berlin-home.jpg

VfB Stuttgart away:

stuttgart-away-2-1.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen away and third:

bayer-leverkusen-away.jpg

bayer-leverkusen-third-2.jpg

1. FC Koln away:

fc-koln-away.jpg

ACF Fiorentina home and away:

fiorentina-home.jpg

fiorentina-away.jpg

Hellas Verona away:

hellas-verona-away.jpg

Valencia CF home -- with throwback crest celebrating 100th anniversary of their stadium:

valencia-home.jpg

Apart from the recoloured crest which as per many monochrome ones looks cheap, the Bayer away looks good and the third is nice too.

The Valencia home is okay. but Puma should have gone further with the retro look by giving it a lace up or a button up collar, it looks like a normal Valencia shirt with a throwback crest without any other old style touches otherwise.

4 hours ago, SCL said:

Learning my college crap cable company sponsors Fiorentina is quite the headscratcher of the day.

I just googled them and is Mediacom even operating outside the US?

But they actually seem to own parts of ACF.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

12 hours ago, SCL said:

Learning my college crap cable company sponsors Fiorentina is quite the headscratcher of the day.

Mediacom, the poopy Midwest cable provider that’s everyone hates

11 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

I just googled them and is Mediacom even operating outside the US?

But they actually seem to own parts of ACF.

Ah....I guess it is basically like Juventus with Jeep

I saw, I came, I left.

On 2022-07-06 at 10:22 PM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It looks like Bayern are going to release two white shirts with gold trim this season with their tribute to the Olympiastadion in October. That is just overkill.

Melbourne Victory Media Opportunity

Is this a new number font for the A League, or just Melbourne Victory specific for Champions League? 

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

koszulka-pilkarska-hajduk-split-away-mac

Low effort from Macron.

I feel like I've seen that pattern floating around for ages. Looks like they just borrowed someone's concept design for this year. 

13 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

img_8748-1024x959.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

crystal_palace_2022_2023_away_kit-1-900x

Crystal Palace first and second, the crew from Croydon go all in on sharpie stripes.

And that's why I thought that! Because they did just copy and paste! At least they used a different jersey template for Split. 

lfc 8-min.jpg

lfc 2-min.jpg

This jersey reminds me of when we would try to see what was on the scrambled TV channels! LOL!!!! It's in action today vs Manchester United in Thailand. 

Liverpool Pre-Season Tour in Thailand

Liverpool Pre-Season Tour in Thailand

Not liking the new cup font though. 

Liverpool v Manchester United - Preseason Friendly

Liverpool v Manchester United - Preseason Friendly

I like the striping on United's shorts. I wish the jersey did the same on the shoulders. 

1. FC Nürnberg v Arsenal F.C. - Pre-Season Test Match

Arsenal going with a block style cup number this year. 

1. FC Nürnberg v Arsenal F.C. - Pre-Season Test Match

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I wrote up a whole bunch today for the mothership, but here are some highlights that haven't been touched on in this thread yet.

🇮🇹 Inter Milan home:

inter-milan-home-3.jpg

🇫🇷 Olympique Lyonnais away:

lyon-away-2.jpg

🇪🇸 Valencia CF away -- pattern based on logo commemorating their stadium's 100th anniversary:

valencia-away-1.jpg

🇪🇸 Real Valladolid away:

real-valladolid-away-1.jpg

Others included in the writeup:

• 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Liverpool Away
  • 🇩🇪 Eintracht Frankfurt away
  • 🇫🇷 Montpellier home
  • 🇫🇷 Ajaccio home, away and third
  • 🇮🇹 AC Monza home and away
  • 🇮🇹 Sampdoria home, away and third
  • 🇳🇱 Feyenoord third

Edited by officeglenn