North American Collegiate Athletic Association (NACAA)

Section30

Duval University is a public land-grand research University located in Jacksonville, FL. It is the largest University in the state of Florida in terms of enrollment and the second oldest in the state.  The name "Duval" comes from Duval County where the school is located. DU has the reputation of being one of the biggest party schools in the NACAA, due in large part to the big fraternity culture on campus. Duval University is known as the Big Red for athletics, taking the nickname after a local newspaper called the football team a "Big Red Monster" after a 104-3 win over Potano College in 1923. Duval University is an athletic powerhouse with their Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer teams all having National Titles.

School: Duval University

Nicknames: Big Red, DU

Located: Jacksonville, FL

Founded: 1856

Enrollment: 70,200

Slogan: "DU It"

Colors: Red & White

Conferences: Southeast 12

Rivals: Sunshine State, Florida Tech, Atlanta, & Georgia A&M

4EJj5Jd.pngBWIjuWP.pngqTzrRM0.pngNFbTZ46.png17nuapj.pngQjPVHAJ.pngmyrc8my.png

• Like 5

Florida Technological University is a public land-grand research University located in Miami, FL. It is the second largest University in the state of Florida in terms of enrollment and the third oldest. The University has really grown in size in the past 5 decades after shifting to a Technological focus, changing the school name from "Dade University" to Florida Technological University in 1966 and joining the Southeast 12 Conference. Since the change, Florida Tech has become arguably the best school in the state in terms of academic prestige and is one of the best in the SE12. The school goes by "Flamingos" for their athletic programs, donning a unique Pink centric color scheme to mimic the pink bird native to south Florida. The Flamingos don't have the history of many of their fellow leaguemates, but Tech has been emerging as a consistent threat in Baseball and Basketball along with having one of the better hockey programs in the south.

School: Florida Technological University

Nicknames: Flamingos, Florida Tech, Tech

Located: Miami, FL

Founded: 1885

Enrollment: 63,700

Slogan: "Pink Power"

Colors: Pink, White, & Navy

Conferences: Southeast 12 & Hockey South

Rivals: Sunshine State, Everglades (nc), Duval, Bayou, & East Florida (nc)

HWuo60p.pngPIbyn4E.png9wvUaYu.pngfhtEpK9.pngXo36i8z.pngdMlT8W8.pngee6oFls.pngYx3uyd1.png

• Like 7
  • Love 3

On 4/21/2022 at 12:22 PM, heavybass said:

And now for Flamingo University... I likes

Haha, thank you

On 4/21/2022 at 2:43 PM, QCS said:

Loving Florida Tech! Always a fan of pink in sports.

Thanks! I thought you'd like the pink lol

7 hours ago, sparkychewbarky said:

Hey Section 30...Great stuff!

I'm lovin'the Flamingos!

As an old lacrosse player, it's nice to see the game being repped!👍

Thanks Sparky, I'm glad you like em!

6 hours ago, charger77 said:

You just made an AWESOME pink hockey jersey.... great work!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, shadyloaf said:

Love the Flamingos, always thought that nickname would fit well in Vegas or Miami. To me, the primary logo looks like an S. Is that intentional?

Thanks! And no that wasn't intentional lol, it was just the best way I could think to make the logo worth with how long Flamingos necks are

• Like 1

Georgia A&M University is a public land-grand research University located in Macon, GA. It is the largest, oldest, most academically prestigious, and Flagship University of the State of Georgia.  GAMU is known for their Engineering program and is one of the best schools in the Southeast 12 Conference. They go by the name "Thrashers" for athletics, named after the State bird of Georgia, the Brown Thrasher. Georgia A&M is best known for their football team which has a long and successful history dating back over 125 years with multiple National Titles. The Thrashers are usually competitive in their other sports as well, but Football is far and away the biggest thing in Macon.

School: Georgia A&M University

Nicknames: Thrashers, GAMU

Located: Macon, GA

Founded: 1789

Enrollment: 40,100

Slogan: "Smasher Thrasher"

Colors: Brown & Orange

Conferences: Southeast 12 & Hockey South

Rivals: Atlanta, Duval, Sunshine State, Florida Tech, & Carolina (nc)

gv1KUMD.pngMJjAKyk.png4nrE7xV.pngXnhoINk.png7bkLk5o.pngwLLYcgA.pngGSgxtMy.pngRnRgTY1.png

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 4/25/2022 at 4:57 PM, Dan O'Mac said:

That's a pretty good looking bird logo, Section. You always put together a pretty good bird logo.

Haha, thank ya thank ya

On 4/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, bernie57 said:

Those are some very nice concepts you’ve shown us so far Section. Can’t wait to see the rest of them.

Thanks!