Baskin Robbins new logo

Dilbert

Baskin Robbins has changed its look. Ditching the blue and pink for a return to the original brown and pink colors. While I like the idea the 1 on the R seems too forced. I think it would have been better without the serif.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Meh 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 6

Signature intentionally left blank

Yeah, I saw this earlier today. I feel like there had to have been more elegant ways to work the 3 into the B. It's like they started with the B on the left half, but then started with the 1 on the right half. Either start with both the B and the R or with both the 3 and the 1, not mixed up like this.

• Like 4

The color change isn't a bad idea, it ties in the company's history.

The new logo is horrible and forced. The fun thing about the blue and pink version is that many of us didn't see the 31 right away - we just saw a stylized stencil font in multiple colors, trying to be fun because it's an ice cream logo. It was one of those "wow" moments when you finally get it, and works in one color as well as two, and even look like they're all part of the same font.

• Like 2

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wow, that's really ugly, right down to the Almost Helvetica But Not logo.

I feel like society has progressed past the need for Baskin-Robbins. The idea of going into a storefront in a strip mall for ice cream, the idea of people working there, it all seems so strange to me. Yes, I know they're pretty much all folded into Dunkin' Donuts now, but even still. Doesn't everyone just have ice cream at home?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, sayahh said:

Cannot tell if Cujo's downvote was for the post or the design itself...

Don't shoot the messenger lol

Ugly logo. Feels so forced. Brutal downgrade from the previous.

6uXNWAo.png

I like it.  Feels very 70s to me.  The old logo looks like a Six Flags sign.

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like it. I mean it's not perfect (nor was their original logo), but it's still an upgrade. It's basically a merge of old and new branding, so it stays "on brand." The font's even updated from the original from 1947. I applaud that they didn't let themselves get too corporate because it's ice cream. That should have some personality to it because ice cream should be fun! Here's the history of their past logos:

spacer.png

• Like 7

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

18 hours ago, rmackman said:

I like it. I mean it's not perfect (nor was their original logo), but it's still an upgrade. It's basically a merge of old and new branding, so it stays "on brand." The font's even updated from the original from 1947. I applaud that they didn't let themselves get too corporate because it's ice cream. That should have some personality to it because ice cream should be fun! Here's the history of their past logos:

spacer.png

And the BR in my hometown (a combined BR-Dunkin' Donuts) still has the middle logo on their signboards...

bYhYmxh.png

It kind of hurts my eyes to look at.

On 4/11/2022 at 5:58 PM, the admiral said:

I feel like society has progressed past the need for Baskin-Robbins. The idea of going into a storefront in a strip mall for ice cream, the idea of people working there, it all seems so strange to me. Yes, I know they're pretty much all folded into Dunkin' Donuts now, but even still. Doesn't everyone just have ice cream at home?

If you're arguing that people shouldn't go to Baskin Robbins because it's kind of gross, sure, I guess. But are you arguing against ice cream parlors as an idea? Like never again should someone say "boy is it hot -- let's get some ice cream!"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags