Baskin Robbins new logo

Dilbert

Little background. Dunkin Brands (BR and Dunkin) got purchased by Inspire Brands. They own Buffalo Wild Wings, Arbys, Sonic and Jimmy Johns as well. I get the feeling this logo change was done of new overlords wanting to change something to put their mark on the company. I expect Dunkin to have some modified logo soon as well. 

This is the exact same move that Keurig did when they took over DrPepper/Snapple and changed the Snapple logo for sake of making changes to put their mark on the company. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Little background. Dunkin Brands (BR and Dunkin) got purchased by Inspire Brands. They own Buffalo Wild Wings, Arbys, Sonic and Jimmy Johns as well. I get the feeling this logo change was done of new overlords wanting to change something to put their mark on the company. I expect Dunkin to have some modified logo soon as well. 

This is the exact same move that Keurig did when they took over DrPepper/Snapple and changed the Snapple logo for sake of making changes to put their mark on the company. 

I doubt Dunkin' will modify anytime soon. They just modified from Dunkin' Donuts to just Dunkin' in 2019, and had to deal with replacing all of that signage. I can't imagine they'd go through it again so soon.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, stumpygremlin said:

I doubt Dunkin' will modify anytime soon. They just modified from Dunkin' Donuts to just Dunkin' in 2019, and had to deal with replacing all of that signage. I can't imagine they'd go through it again so soon.

Completely off to the side, but I cannot tell you the last time I went to Dunkin for an actual doughnut...I used to go for the power breakfast sandwiches and that dragonflies chiller drink they used to have. (Maybe they still do, but--wouldn't you believe it--there's not a single Dunkin up here in SD.) 

Anyway, I say all that because I'm not even sure how many donuts they sell...I'm pretty sure coffee is their #1 product now, probably followed by some other type of breakfast sandwich. Maybe donuts falls like #3 or #4. All that to say that [unofficiallly] "rebranding" to Dunkin' just made sense on so many levels.

Oh and...not feeling that new BR logo at all. It's like they tried to be too cute and still too corporate at the same time.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 7/27/2022 at 8:55 AM, tBBP said:

Completely off to the side, but I cannot tell you the last time I went to Dunkin for an actual doughnut...I used to go for the power breakfast sandwiches and that dragonflies chiller drink they used to have. (Maybe they still do, but--wouldn't you believe it--there's not a single Dunkin up here in SD.) 

Anyway, I say all that because I'm not even sure how many donuts they sell...I'm pretty sure coffee is their #1 product now, probably followed by some other type of breakfast sandwich. Maybe donuts falls like #3 or #4. All that to say that [unofficiallly] "rebranding" to Dunkin' just made sense on so many levels.

Oh and...not feeling that new BR logo at all. It's like they tried to be too cute and still too corporate at the same time.

My daughter is a Dunkin regular and rarely, if ever, get donuts.  It's all about coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

I was in the local Dunkin a few weeks ago and was suddenly taken aback by how few donut varieties they had.  If memory serves me, the only choices were glazed, chocolate frosted (with sprinkles and without), strawberry frosted (with sprinkles and without), Boston Creme, chocolate cake, blueberry cake and maybe one other.

I never knew Dunkin had a reputation as a coffee place until I had to visit a construction project in Methuen, MA in about 2000.  The project manager made two Dunkin runs for the crew before 10:30 . . . and not a single donut was purchased.

ON TOPIC -- I'll second the "good idea, poor execution" sentiment.  This could have been done much better.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃