Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

I had this idea to do a series where the 4 major leagues get the same sets of uniforms across the leagues. I got this idea from the fact that the NBA can wear whatever uniforms they want and dont have to go home vs away uniforms and how the MLB has a steady rotation of uiforms for most teams. You get to see some unique matchups in those leagues. So I decided to give the leagues a 6 uniform system. Each team will get a home, away, alternate home, alternate away, throwback home, and throwback away.  This way if the Pirates say were gonna wear our alternate the Padres can say ok we'll wear our away alternate or if the Falcons say we are wearing our throwback the Giants can say we'll wear our throwback away. I'm starting with the MLB and will work my way through the leagues. C&C always appreciated.

MLB

1. Arizona Diamondbacks
  2. Atlanta Braves
  3. Baltimore Orioles
  4. Boston Red Sox
  5. Chicago White Sox Ver2.0
  6. Chicago Cubs
  7. Cincinnati Reds
  8. Cleveland Guardians
  9. Colorado Rockies
  10. Detroit Tigers
  11. Houston Astros
  12. Kansas City Royals
  13. Los Angeles Angels
  14. Los Angeles Dodgers
  15. Miami Marlins
  16. Milwaukee Brewers
  17. Minnesota Twins
  18. New York Yankees
  19. New York Mets
  20. Oakland Athletics
  21. Philadelphia Phillies
  22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  23. San Diego Padres
  24. San Francisco Giants
  25. Seattle Mariners
  26. St. Louis Cardinals
  27. Tampa Bay Rays
  28. Texas Rangers
  29. Toronto Blue Jays
  30. Washington Nationals

NFL

1. Arizona Cardinals
  2. Atlanta Falcons
  3. Baltimore Ravens
  4. Buffalo Bills
  5. Carolina Panthers
  6. Chicago Bears
  7. Cincinnati Bengals
  8. Cleveland Browns
  9. Dallas Cowboys
  10. Denver Broncos
  11. Detroit Lions
  12. Green Bay Packers
  13. Houston Texans
  14. Indianapolis Colts
  15. Jacksonville Jaguars
  16. Kansas City Chiefs
  17. Las Vegas Raiders
  18. Los Angeles Chargers
  19. Los Angeles Rams
  20. Miami Dolphins
  21. Minnesota Vikings
  22. New England Patriots
  23. New Orleans Saints
  24. New York Giants
  25. New York Jets
  26. Philadelphia Eagles
  27. Pittsburgh Steelers
  28. San Francisco 49ers
  29. Seattle Seahawks
  30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  31. Tennessee Titans
  32. Washington Commanders

NHL

1. Anaheim Ducks
  2. Arizona Coyotes
  3. Boston Bruins
  4. Buffalo Sabres
  5. Calgary Flames
  6. Carolina Hurricanes
  7. Chicago Blackhawks
  8. Colorado Avalanche
  9. Columbus Blue Jackets
  10. Dallas Stars
  11. Detroit Red Wings
  12. Edmonton Oilers
  13. Florida Panthers
  14. Los Angeles Kings
  15. Minnesota Wild
  16. Montreal Canadians
  17. Nashville Predators
  18. New Jersey Devils
  19. New York Islanders
  20. New York Rangers
  21. Ottawa Senators
  22. Philadelphia Flyers
  23. Pittsburgh Penguins
  24. San Jose Sharks
  25. Seattle Kraken
  26. St Louis Blues
  27. Tampa Bay Lightning
  28. Toronto Maple Leafs
  29. Vancouver Canucks
  30. Vegas Golden Knights
  31. Washington Capitals
  32. Winnipeg Jets

NBA

1. Atlanta Hawks
  2. Boston Celtics
  3. Brooklyn Nets
  4. Charlotte Hornets
  5. Chicago Bulls
  6. Cleveland Cavaliers
  7. Dallas Mavericks
  8. Denver Nuggets
  9. Detroit Pistons
  10. Golden State Warriors
  11. Houston Rockets
  12. Indiana Pacers
  13. Los Angeles Clippers
  14. Los Angeles Lakers
  15. Memphis Grizzlies
  16. Miami Heat
  17. Milwaukee Bucks
  18. Minnesota Timberwolves
  19. New Orleans Pelicans
  20. New York Knicks
  21. Oklahoma City Thunder
  22. Orlando Magic
  23. Philadelphia 76ers
  24. Phoenix Suns
  25. Portland Trail Blazers
  26. Sacramento Kings
  27. San Antonio Spurs
  28. Toronto Raptors
  29. Utah Jazz
  30. Washington Wizards

ZUH86xc.png

Arizona Diamondbacks

The Diamondbacks get a bit of a redesign here and that's mainly because I have always HATED their uniforms that say D-Backs. It looks and sounds like D-Bags and I'm sure people all them that. So on the home It's been replaced by the snake D logo. Black has also been downplayed on the home and away. The Home Alternate is a sand colored uniform with the A logo and the Away Alternate gets a Sedona red jersey. The Throwback home is the original pinstriped vests worn until 2006 and the away is the purple alternate worn from 1998-2003

2xTwJkr.jpg

• Like 6

ZUH86xc.png

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work. Since you opted for sand colored scripts on the road set, maybe it would work better against their 2016-19 dark gray road color instead?

spacer.png

Good call. I'd still probably prefer the lighter grey, but could easily go either way and be happy

kT6KdcF.jpg

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

Atlanta Braves

The braves home and away is straightforward with no changes made. The alternate is where things change. The home red alternate and blue away alternate take the golden yellow in the logo and add that to the striping on the uniform. The throwback home is a combination of a couple of the uniforms of the Boston Braves in the 1930's. The Throwback away is taken from the late 70's

RqkjoVU.jpg

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (2/30 Braves added) NFL, NHL, NBA
  • johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (3/30 Orioles added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Nice work on the O's. I've never been a fan of the realistic looking bird, but that's just personal taste. Maybe think about putting "Baltimore" on the away alt just so you don't have "Orioles" on three of the four main jerseys. 

For Atlanta, I'm curious how it would look if you also included the gold piping on the home and road sets (think the Braves' championship jerseys from this season, with the gold trim extended to the soutache, sleeve and pant piping) for cohesion across all four primary jerseys. I'd also think about playing around with the shade of gold as it sort of bleeds together with the red and starts to look orange, especially on the away alt. And nice outside the box choice for the home throwback!

• Like 1

While I work on implementing some feedback given let's take a look at the Red Sox. The Home and away are again pretty much untouched; only change is the socks are added to the sleeve of the home uniform as well. For the alternates I kind of cheated. The Sox have had some iconic uniforms throughout their years and I couldn't pick just 2 for the throwback uniforms so I took the pullover uniforms from the 70's and made that into a red jersey. The Away alternate is a call back to a uniform the Sox have worn on and off since the 30's, but with the current team font. The Home throwback teams look back in 1908 with an added cap logo; while the away throwback comes from 1932 with an added logo as well

jqfCm6K.jpg

• Like 4

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (4/30 Red Sox added) NFL, NHL, NBA
On 4/25/2022 at 1:39 PM, johne9109 said:

While I work on implementing some feedback given let's take a look at the Red Sox. The Home and away are again pretty much untouched; only change is the socks are added to the sleeve of the home uniform as well. For the alternates I kind of cheated. The Sox have had some iconic uniforms throughout their years and I couldn't pick just 2 for the throwback uniforms so I took the pullover uniforms from the 70's and made that into a red jersey. The Away alternate is a call back to a uniform the Sox have worn on and off since the 30's, but with the current team font. The Home throwback teams look back in 1908 with an added cap logo; while the away throwback comes from 1932 with an added logo as well

jqfCm6K.jpg

Looking at the throwback away, I was wondering when the Red Sox have ever worn a hat with an L on it...then I realized. 

• LOL 1

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (5/30 White Sox added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Chicago Cubs

The Cubs home and away still stand, but the alternates get switched up a bit. The teams current blue alternate is designated as the Away Alternate. For the Home Alternate I took inspiration from the light blue uniform from the late 70's and early 80's. The Home Throwback uniform is from 1911 and features possibly my favorite Cubs logo. the Away Throwback goes back 1913

FUfOa11.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (6/30 Cubs added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Nice work with the Chicago teams. I do feel the home and road alt for the Cubs should be switched, though. 

For the Sox, I'd use the road gray version of the '83 set if you're designating that as the road alt. I'd also think about using the correct block style numbers for the '83  style alt and the home throwback

Keep up the great work! I'm enjoying this series. 

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work with the Chicago teams. I do feel the home and road alt for the Cubs should be switched, though. 

For the Sox, I'd use the road gray version of the '83 set if you're designating that as the road alt. I'd also think about using the correct block style numbers for the '83  style alt and the home throwback

Keep up the great work! I'm enjoying this series. 

I'm glad you said something I totally intended on doing the gray version for the road alternate. Here it is fixed up

lszYJMQ.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

On 4/24/2022 at 4:28 PM, coco1997 said:

Nice work on the O's. I've never been a fan of the realistic looking bird, but that's just personal taste. Maybe think about putting "Baltimore" on the away alt just so you don't have "Orioles" on three of the four main jerseys. 

For Atlanta, I'm curious how it would look if you also included the gold piping on the home and road sets (think the Braves' championship jerseys from this season, with the gold trim extended to the soutache, sleeve and pant piping) for cohesion across all four primary jerseys. I'd also think about playing around with the shade of gold as it sort of bleeds together with the red and starts to look orange, especially on the away alt. And nice outside the box choice for the home throwback!

Here is the Braves with the gold added tot he home and away striping and I'll say I don't think it works 
q2oJ2pv.png

OboQHmC.png

ZUH86xc.png

Cincinnati Reds

One thing that has always kind of bothered me about the Reds is that the home jersey features a logo and the away features a wordmark. To fix this I made an away uniform to more fit the design of the home uniform. The teams current away uniform is given a red jersey that better matches the teams alternate home uniform. The home throwback uniform comes from 1900 and the away throwback comes from a little later in 1914

MtyRqX5.jpg

ZUH86xc.png